Chapala.com Webboard

HUGE UNFINISHED BUILDING

Does anyone know what's happening with that huge multi-story building on the corner near the Coca Cola place?  The information trailer is gone and there's no sign of construction happening. It's a real eyesore at this point.  I'm not involved; just plain curious.🙃

This is the new replacement eyesore since the black hole next to the high rise in El Dorado was filled.  That entire area, including WalMart is a designated eyesore area and it is very important to maximize the ugliness there.

Seriously what I have heard is there are structural problems.  It could very well be they just ran out of money too.  Unfinished construction eyesores sitting for years is far from unusual in Mexico as you know.

Without doubt that building represents a new record in ugly construction hopefully not to be matched soon although that senior citizen ghetto being built west of Ajijic certainly qualifies as a contender.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I suggest that you have your eyesight checked. I live in lower SAT and am by there often and nada for least a year!!!

Sorry I didn't take a picture. There were workers there last week on the first floor east part of the building. The were wearing vests & hard hats. Saw them at least 2 days as I walked by!!!!!!

Edited by Mostlylost
Forgot required exclamation marks

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

This is the new replacement eyesore since the black hole next to the high rise in El Dorado was filled.  That entire area, including WalMart is a designated eyesore area and it is very important to maximize the ugliness there.

Seriously what I have heard is there are structural problems.  It could very well be they just ran out of money too.  Unfinished construction eyesores sitting for years is far from unusual in Mexico as you know.

Without doubt that building represents a new record in ugly construction hopefully not to be matched soon although that senior citizen ghetto being built west of Ajijic certainly qualifies as a contender.

LOL.

29 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Sorry I didn't take a picture. There were workers there last week on the first floor east part of the building. The were wearing vests & hard hats. Saw them at least 2 days as I walked by!!!!!!

This place has been dead in the water for over a year!!!

16 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I have just posted on other section MX gen, there seems to be hundreds of rentals available,  what's up?

Covid. 

Not many people traveling from early 2020 until right around now, as more are vaccinated.  Missed a whole year of potential newbies.  

Also, some people left here for their home countries at the start of the pandemic.  

25 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I have just posted on other section MX gen, there seems to be hundreds of rentals available,  what's up?

Always lots of rental this time of year plus covid plus everyone and his brother has been adding small apartments.  5 new ones on my block alone.

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

As an engineer, I would have thought that you would have judged a book by it's finished cover not it's skeleton which is all that is visible now and,yes, that could be conscrewed as ugly.I am not keen on modern styles in architecture. But if I were and it turns out to be like this rendering of it,I would not consider it ugly. My only concerns about this place have nothing to do with physical appearance.

SAT commercial complex building.jpg

14 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Trust me.  It won't end up looking like this.  In any case it is far too massive to look good.

There's clearly some problem there, things have slowed to a crawl if not stopped.

Happens all the time with large projects. I don't care what it looks like unfinished because I don't look at it. And don't be so sure that it won't look like the architect's rendering when it is finished.

57 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Trust me.  It won't end up looking like this.  In any case it is far too massive to look good.

There's clearly some problem there, things have slowed to a crawl if not stopped.

Biking through Riberas I constantly see new homes starting construction on what used to be empty lots.  Across and down from Mom's restaurant they claim "selling fast" and "Sold "