Chapala.com Webboard

The "Misssed First Dose" 60+ dilemma

On 5/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, Mostlylost said:

Your post complained you could not go to a website and print out something. Are you assuming that when and if that option becomes available it will a small size that will fit inside your passport?  

You already have a form which is probably a lot more official looking than over 150 million Americans have. 

As is recommend in the USA put the original in a safe place. Make a photocopy to use when needed. 

I would think that you could fold it to fit your passport. Wow problem solved. 

If

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Sunday night the Jalisco website shows first vax for 50 and over will be June 1-4 in Chapala & Jocotepec

I hope so. We think we  have found another way to get this information earlier.

10 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

SO you have made the appointments for Joco and now can move on right?

Time will tell.

• Confused 1

Cedros... according to THIS communication from the state of Jalisco... over 60 YES...

That is NOT what the official notification says... ADULTOS MAYORES QUE NO SE HAN VACUNADO... "OLDER ADULTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN VACCINATED"

Vaccination for 50 - 59 starts today 19446910
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

View user profile Send private message

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Gosh with so much confusion I wonder who is screwed  up the posters or the system!

Yeah...The OP headline here is The "Misssed First Dose" 60+ dilemma. The "official" poster above translates to: "People ages 50 to 59, older adults who have not been vaccinated, and pregnant women of legal age." I am assuming that this means that I as a person over 59 who has not been vaccinated I will be able to go and get my first shot. A little confusing since it also states the program is "first doses of AstraZenica" and does not say people 50+ but people ages 50 to 59 and then the proviso older adults who have not been vaccinated . Can someone in the know clarify this? Gracias

10 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Yeah...The OP headline here is The "Misssed First Dose" 60+ dilemma. The "official" poster above translates to: "People ages 50 to 59, older adults who have not been vaccinated, and pregnant women of legal age." I am assuming that this means that I as a person over 59 who has not been vaccinated I will be able to go and get my first shot. A little confusing since it since this states the program is "first doses of AstraZenica" and does not say people 50+ but people ages 50 to 59 and then the proviso older adults who have not been vaccinated . Can someone in the know clarify this? Gracias

GO!!!!!!  you are eligible.  That is assuming you are an older adult who has not been vaccinated,

The official website says:  so it is your clarification!!!!!

People aged 50 years and over and pregnant women over 9 weeks of gestation , over 18 years old, who live in the municipalities that you will find on the list, will be vaccinated . 

The hours of operation will be from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or until the doses assigned to each vaccination post are exhausted (check the table for location). The requirements are : INE, printed CURP, proof of address and pre- registration folio on the mivacuna.salud.gob.mx page .  

Se vacunará a las personas de 50 años o más y mujeres embarazadas de más de 9 semanas de gestación, mayores de 18 años, que vivan en los municipios que encontrarás en la lista. 

El horario de atención será de las 8:00 a 16:00 horas o hasta que se agoten las dosis asignadas a cada puesto de vacunación (consulta en la tabla la ubicación). Los requisitos son: INE, CURP impresa, comprobante de domicilio y folio de prerregistro en la página mivacuna.salud.gob.mx. 

https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/vacunacion-en-jalisco

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm 73, not been vaccinated before. Got my shot today in Chapala. If you don't have a registration form don't worry they are set up to get it for you, do need the other documents though. They started at 8 and we were out by 10. Very well organized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I joined the line at 9:10 and was all done and out the door at 11:40 at the Instituto on the Libramiento. Auditorium was nice and cool. SO organized, SO efficient and a huge improvement over the first time that I tried to get the vaccine at Parque Christiania.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Gosh with so much confusion I wonder who is screwed  up the posters or the system!

Both but mainly the system.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, Ferret said:

Cedros... according to THIS communication from the state of Jalisco... over 60 YES...

That is NOT what the official notification says... ADULTOS MAYORES QUE NO SE HAN VACUNADO... "OLDER ADULTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN VACCINATED"

Vaccination for 50 - 59 starts today 19446910
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

View user profile Send private message

They post alternatives to confuse us. Amateurs.

24 minutes ago, gringal said:

My esposo and I are going to the Technologico on the Libramento today for our first jabs.  We missed out the first time around and are in the elders group.  I'll report on our experience afterwards.

BTW, if you have someone who is incapacitated and are dropping them off, you can take them right up to the auditorium in the car. It is the first entrance to the right BEFORE you get to the parking lot... stop and ask the person about your incapacitated passenger. I was able to observe this first hand because I had to hoof it up from the highway to the back of the parking lot and passed a person doing exactly what I have described.

One  problem:  If no one is minding the autpmatic gate suggested, it won't be open, and no cars could go to the top near the door. I had to walk up the entire path from the bottom with some kind assistance. Someone was operating the gate on my return trip, so no problem. Other than that, it went very smoothly and took less than an hour and a half from arrival to exit.  I recommend this way to get your jab.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gringal said:

One  problem:  If no one is minding the autpmatic gate suggested, it won't be open, and no cars could go to the top near the door. I had to walk up the entire path from the bottom with some kind assistance. Someone was operating the gate on my return trip, so no problem. Other than that, it went very smoothly and took less than an hour and a half from arrival to exit.  I recommend this way to get your jab.

I am assuming, then, that you got there before 9 am? I think the gate keeper must start at 9 since it was 9:10 when I was walking up. It may be helpful to others to have this information nailed down before the clinic ends and/or for second doses. So sorry you had to make that trek. It must have been very difficult for you. So very glad that you got the vaccine and that your hubby was there to help you. :)