Chapala.com Webboard

Any Canadians who want to be vaxed.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Yes you must commit a crime and lie to the immigration agent, and hope they don't ask you for an appointment slip or email for the appointment. 

If you have an appointment for vaccination, they send you a form that you can print out and show the border agents as proof of appointment.  

48 minutes ago, Dostortas said:

If you have an appointment for vaccination, they send you a form that you can print out and show the border agents as proof of appointment.  

Because my wife does not have US permanent residence she flew & I drove for our vaccinations in the US & we returned together by car. I called the Laredo immigration office before the first trip and asked if they considered a vaccination appointnent a medical appointment. I was told no. When I entered in Laredo I asked both times  (in February & in March) each border agent if an appointment for a Covid vaccination would be considered a medical appointment. 2 times I was told no

You will note that Telz4 did not say he was going for a vaccination.  He said he had a "medical appointment"  An appointment in a pharmacy for a shot is not a medical appointment. Please understand, I am happy for him. He placed a bet with long odds and he won. 

So if you are not legally entitled to enter, and you choose to lie to gain entry it is a federal offense. If they ask you for your appointment papers and you present a vaccination appointment there is a huge possibility you will be turned around per 3 different conversations with border agents. 

It is now so easy to fly to LAX on Volaris in the morning  get vaxed near the airport and return in the afternoon why would you risk driving to the border and being denied?

The night of May 21st this could all change. 

I think most of us can agree that the rules in place make no sense. You can enter by plane only with a negative test. You can enter by car with no test. Non residents can only enter by plane. By car non residents need one of the valid reasons per the immigration rules. No tourism.  By plane tourism is fine. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Yes you must commit a crime and lie to the immigration agent, and hope they don't ask you for an appointment slip or email for the appointment. 

A typical post from someone who’s totally lost not most of the time all of the time..

This is someone who is so out of touch with what’s going on..  He posts stuff that he makes up.
The US/ Mexico border is not closed I know many Canadians who have crossed on their way back to Canada in the last few weeks.. 

You don’t need to lie to anyone.. just tell him your reason for entering the US I have not heard of anyone being refused entry.. 

I had a medical appointment.. is not having an appointment for a vaccination a medical appointment ?
I guess he is trying to justify his point by playing with words...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Actually you do have an appointment if you have booked to get a vaccine.  That is considered medical.  And yes, it may be a good idea to carry that confirmation that you received as proof.

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

A typical post from someone who’s totally lost not most of the time all of the time..

This is someone who is so out of touch with what’s going on..  He posts stuff that he makes up.
The US/ Mexico border is not closed I know many Canadians who have crossed on their way back to Canada in the last few weeks.. 

You don’t need to lie to anyone.. just tell him your reason for entering the US I have not heard of anyone being refused entry.. 

I had a medical appointment.. is not having an appointment for a vaccination a medical appointment ?
I guess he is trying to justify his point by playing with words...

Excuse me  I have not made anything up. My posts regarding the US land border are 100% accurate & 100 % truthful. The regulations are very clear. My personal crossings in Feb and March are accurate. My conversation with 3 immigration agents were truthful and all 3 said they did not consider a vaccination appointment as a Medical appointment under the rules. It is possible that a different agent might.

As I have stated before the agents at the point of entry have the ability to admit people if they deem it is correct. A Canadian wanting to pass through the USA by car to return home might be considered essential travel.

As I said I am happy for you. You gambled and you made it  Great. I didn't say you were lying about your entry. Please give me the same respect. 

That you have not heard of anyone being refused entry is anecdotal information.  Who knows what you haven't heard regarding border crossings

From US immigration "The U.S., Canada, and Mexico still require that you must be traveling for an “essential purpose” to travel between the three countries. The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol and Canadian Border Services Agency have turned away tens of thousands of travelers who they felt did not meet the essential travel requirement" 

So if you are so sure there is no problem and seem to recommend that all is ok, .... Will you pay the expenses of anyone who tries it based on your recommendation and is refused and has to drive back to Chapala? 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

From US immigration "The U.S., Canada, and Mexico still require that you must be traveling for an “essential purpose” to travel between the three countries. The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol and Canadian Border Services Agency have turned away tens of thousands of travelers who they felt did not meet the essential travel requirement" 

I can understand Mexicans going to the U.S. for Covid vaccines. There is insufficient supply here. But why, oh why are Canadians not returning to their home country to receive these vaccines? 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

I can understand Mexicans going to the U.S. for Covid vaccines. There is insufficient supply here. But why, oh why are Canadians not returning to their home country to receive these vaccines? 

Here's a better question, why won't the US not only NOT share it's own vaccines that it is not using, but won't even allow the manufactureres to export them to Canada and Mexico until, finally, recently?    

17 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Here's a better question, why won't the US not only NOT share it's own vaccines that it is not using, but won't even allow the manufactureres to export them to Canada and Mexico until, finally, recently?    

What does this have to do with Canadians not returning to their home country for their vaccines? The U.S. has spent an enormous amount of it’s taxpayer dollars to develop the vaccine under ‘WarpSpeed”. The vaccines are available for sale to Canada. They’ve got them now, don’t they? So what is the real complaint? I find it Biden’s policy to satisfy U.S. needs first, then everyone else’s reasonable. Don’t you take care of yourself and your family needs first before anyone else? Would you let your own children go hungry in order to feed your neighbor’s?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

What does this have to do with Canadians not returning to their home country for their vaccines?

Because it answers YOUR earlier question, genius.     And BioNtech is not a US company, by the way.     They developed the vaccine (as well as the mRNA technology behind it) and partnered with Pfizer to mass produce it.    Get your facts straight and the flagpole out of your a**.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Because it answers YOUR earlier question, genius.     And BioNtech is not a US company, by the way.     They developed the vaccine (as well as the mRNA technology behind it) and partnered with Pfizer to mass produce it.    Get your facts straight and the flagpole out of your a**.

Why do you think I'm ignorant of the fact the BioNtech received money from the German government to develop the vaccine, and partnered with Pfizer to mass produce it? How much money has the Canadian government spent on developing the vaccine that they should get first dibs? Canada has vaccines available now, so my question is why Canadians are not returning to their home country for their vaccines? Just a simple question!

12 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

What does this have to do with Canadians not returning to their home country for their vaccines? The U.S. has spent an enormous amount of it’s taxpayer dollars to develop the vaccine under ‘WarpSpeed”. The vaccines are available for sale to Canada. They’ve got them now, don’t they? So what is the real complaint? I find it Biden’s policy to satisfy U.S. needs first, then everyone else’s reasonable. Don’t you take care of yourself and your family needs first before anyone else? Would you let your own children go hungry in order to feed your neighbor’s?

I think it is costs and time for most people. Longer and therefore more expensive flights. Paying for 3 days at an isolation hotel, then continuing the rest of your 14 day isolation at home, before you can even go out.

The USA as stated in today's Washington Post, is throwing away vaccines because people will not us them. 

If everyone was selfish Canada would not have shared the discovery of insulin with the world. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

The U.S. has spent an enormous amount of it’s taxpayer dollars to develop the vaccine under ‘WarpSpeed”.

Because you said this, and because you're just being argumentative and ignorant in general in regard to the vaccines and apparently to defend the glorious USA.     The glorious USA that wants to open the borders and go everywhere, way too soon, now that it's OWN people are protected, when others elsewhere, are not.    That is insensitive and boorish, not to mention dangerous and belligerent.

Over and out with you, arguing with an :() like you just drags me down to your level.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Whipstock said:

If everyone was selfish Canada would not have shared the discovery of insulin with the world. 

Can a U.S. citizen go to Canada and receive free insulin? The U.S. and German government have been very generous by charging Canada only for the vaccines and not the underlying research. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Because you said this, and because you're just being argumentative and ignorant in general in regard to the vaccines and apparently to defend the glorious USA.     The glorious USA that wants to open the borders and go everywhere, way too soon, now that it's OWN people are protected, when others elsewhere, are not.    That is insensitive and boorish, not to mention dangerous and belligerent.

Over and out with you, arguing with an :() like you just drags me down to your level.

Just another person who can't continue a reasonable argument, and put a valid argument forward to support their statement. By the way, the U.S. souther border is allowing a lot of Covid infected people to slip through. Watch the news regarding how the number of illegal immigrants has exploded. How many Covid infected immigrants have entered Canada? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

Can a U.S. citizen go to Canada and receive free insulin? The U.S. and German government have been very generous by charging Canada only for the vaccines and not the underlying research. 

Actually, Canada has had shortages of many drugs including insulin in the past due to Americans going up to buy subsidized drugs that they can not afford otherwise. 

Bernie Sanders even took a bus to Canada to buy affordable insulin.

https://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/insulin-pricing-bernie-sanders#1

This isn't a topic you seem to be informed on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

Actually, Canada has had shortages of many drugs including insulin in the past due to Americans going up to buy subsidized drugs that they can not afford otherwise. 

Bernie Sanders even took a bus to Canada to buy affordable insulin.

https://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/insulin-pricing-bernie-sanders#1

This isn't a topic you seem to be informed on.

I am very well informed on this topic and that Bernie Sander organized a bus trip for Americans to purchase insulin in Canada. What you in your ignorance have failed to mention that it is the U.S. drug companies that are selling insulin to Canada at a lower rate than to the U.S. This is because, unfortunately, the Canadian government is negotiating a lower rate for the insulin. The U.S. government should be doing the same for it's citizens and residents, instead of letting U.S. companies subsidize lower drug prices to developed countries like Canada. I can understand subsidizing under developed countries but not developed countries. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

Would you let your own children go hungry in order to feed your neighbor’s?

I would share the food I had so we were all a little hungry, rather than my family being well fed and the neighbor's family starving.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

This is because, unfortunately, the Canadian government is negotiating a lower rate for the insulin. The U.S. government should be doing the same for it's citizens and residents, instead of letting U.S. companies subsidize lower drug prices to developed countries like Canada. I can understand subsidizing under developed countries but not developed

Subsidizing? The drug companies are making insane amounts of money. Nothing needs to subsidized, the drug companies need to have their greed reined in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I would share the food I had so we were all a little hungry, rather than my family being well fed and the neighbor's family starving.

I'm glad you have a generous spirit. That is just what I would do, and the U.S. government is doing just that by allowing pharmaceutical companies to only charge for the vaccines, and not the underlying research. I'm sure they will be sending vaccines, at very subsidized rates to under developed countries. The U.S. also has charitable foundations e.g. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who I'm sure will do the right thing. I am glad that the American people have a generous spirit.

3 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Subsidizing? The drug companies are making insane amounts of money. Nothing needs to subsidized, the drug companies need to have their greed reined in.

Yes, I agree. They should charge every one the same rate rather than create pricing inequality, except for poor nations who genuinely need to be subsidized or get free medication.

4 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

It always seems to be about money. 😥 

"Trump" "Trump who?" Old news. Do you realize the U.S.'s current president is Joe Biden. It is Biden's current policy that wants the U.S. to be given priority. What is wrong with that policy? And, by the way, has Canada not been purchasing vaccines? If not, why not?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

I'm glad you have a generous spirit. That is just what I would do, and the U.S. government is doing just that by allowing pharmaceutical companies to only charge for the vaccines, and not the underlying research. I'm sure they will be sending vaccines, at very subsidized rates to under developed countries. The U.S. also has charitable foundations e.g. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who I'm sure will do the right thing. I am glad that the American people have a generous spirit.

And I'm sure you were aware Canada contributed to the research?  /s

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/world/europe/eu-coronavirus-vaccine.html

“We will not be safe until we can share it with the rest of the world,” said Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada, referring to a vaccine.

• Like 1