Chapala.com Webboard

Walmart Return Policy

Zeb

We’ll be surprised by thinking with our common sense.

The answer is, MAYBE. It depends. Here’s the exact details. 
(Not sure the one in Ajijic is the same or not)
https://www.walmart.com/help/article/refunds/b7208ee087f84b6e8c78ced8cdc685ac

For your case, this might apply:
“Store Returns without a Receipt...
The merchandise may be returned and a cash refund provided if the refund value of the returned item is less than $25”

And show them this webpage.

FireShot Capture 216 - Refunds - Walmart.com - www.walmart.com.png

52 minutes ago, Bob Liu said:

We’ll be surprised by thinking with our common sense.

The answer is, MAYBE. It depends. Here’s the exact details. 
(Not sure the one in Ajijic is the same or not)
https://www.walmart.com/help/article/refunds/b7208ee087f84b6e8c78ced8cdc685ac

For your case, this might apply:
“Store Returns without a Receipt...
The merchandise may be returned and a cash refund provided if the refund value of the returned item is less than $25”

And show them this webpage.

FireShot Capture 216 - Refunds - Walmart.com - www.walmart.com.png

Your link is about US Walmart return policies. 

Walmart International is an entirely different entity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

From Walmart Mexico:

We recommend you keep the receipt, original packaging.... so that you can return your items with them, go directly to the store to do it, the items will be duly reviewed by the store staff to evaluate that the return is appropriate

I’d be glad to see the link to Walmart Mexico of its return policy on this case, that I couldn’t find it. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Lily H said:

Your link is about US Walmart return policies. 

Walmart International is an entirely different entity. 

I understand that. : )

As of my posting, there’s no one pointing to Walmart Mexico's official website about its no-receipt return policy, just reasonable guessing. Many agreed with dichosalocura (including me : ). Until I found out that no-receipt return IS possible. There may be some similarity among different Walmarts. So I pointed it out with proof and stated, “(Not sure the one in Ajijic is the same or not)”. : )

Like many things in Mexico, you have to get past the petty potentates, wielding their tiny bit of power.

I once bought a fan at Walmart, and when I got it home, I realized it wasn't the one I wanted (they had about 4 different models, I just grabbed the wrong box). I had opened the box, but all the parts were still in the sealed plastic packages- I obviously hadn't used it or even assembled it.

I returned it a week later, with the receipt, explaining what had happened, and that I just wanted to exchange it for the correct fan. The woman behind the counter looked at it, turned it over a few times, stared at it some more, as if the longer she looked at it something would change, then said I couldn't return it. 

I didn't waste my time arguing with her, just asked her to call her supervisor, a nice young guy who asked if there was a problem, I explained, and he said of course I could exchange it. You should have seen the sour look that gal had on her face behind his back, to have her decision, which she expected me to accept, overridden.

• Like 3

I know for sure that I have returned things there previously with no receipt.  I think sometimes they just don't want to be bothered.  Clerks usually are unprofessional.  Once I had purchased a plastic container in Soriana.  When I got home, I realized a part of it was damaged.  I went there the very next day with receipt and was told they did not take back plastic containers.  The return policy was printed right there at the desk and plastic was not under the non=returnable items.  She said "oh, well that falls under a totally different category that we don't take back".  That was all a lie.  A few days later, I had someone else go there and return it with no problem.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, Bob Liu said:

I understand that. : )

As of my posting, there’s no one pointing to Walmart Mexico's official website about its no-receipt return policy, just reasonable guessing. Many agreed with dichosalocura (including me : ). Until I found out that no-receipt return IS possible. There may be some similarity among different Walmarts. So I pointed it out with proof and stated, “(Not sure the one in Ajijic is the same or not)”. : )

Here's the Walmart Mexico return policy I googled online: 90 days with store receipt or online order number; return made to original form of payment unless indicated otherwise in "exceptions".

Devoluciones Walmart en tienda física México

Dispone de un plazo de 90 días después de la compra para cambiar o devolver un artículo; proporcione su recibo de la tienda o el número de pedido en Walmart.com y reembolsaremos su compra al modo de pago original, a menos que se indique lo contrario en nuestras excepciones.May 1, 2018

• Thanks 1

Thanks to jrod. This is the link:
https://corporate.walmart.com/policies/politica-de-devoluciones

Translated by Google:
Returns Without Receipt
To return or exchange items without a receipt, the customer must present a valid photo ID issued by a government office. Customer identification information is stored in a secure database that Walmart uses to authorize returns.”

Different entity. Similar: accepting no-receipt return policy.

Human issue is another story. : )

FireShot Capture 222 - Política de devoluciones - corporate.walmart.com.png

9 hours ago, Bob Liu said:

Thanks to jrod. This is the link:
https://corporate.walmart.com/policies/politica-de-devoluciones

Translated by Google:
Returns Without Receipt
To return or exchange items without a receipt, the customer must present a valid photo ID issued by a government office. Customer identification information is stored in a secure database that Walmart uses to authorize returns.”

Different entity. Similar: accepting no-receipt return policy.

Human issue is another story. : )

FireShot Capture 222 - Política de devoluciones - corporate.walmart.com.png

Just note This is from Walmart corporate in the USA with the page available in Spanish or English. It is different than what is posted on the Mexico Walmart website.

As many have posted. It will be up to each person that helps you.

11 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Just note This is from Walmart corporate in the USA with the page available in Spanish or English. It is different than what is posted on the Mexico Walmart website.

As many have posted. It will be up to each person that helps you.

We agree that the employees will be the executors of the policy.
Let’s face what the policy really is.

I’d like to know the facts of it, if it’s verifiable.
If this is not it, do you know the correct one with a link to it?

22 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Nice try at throwing off responsibility by blaming someone else for your shortcomings. Too bad it didn't work.

I asked a question that I couldn’t find the answer.
And you blamed me for blaming.

Work what?! You have a crooked mind.
Yes, this is blaming.

I've observed in Mexico with both government and business it is whom you are dealing with that determines policy more so than what any stated policy might be.

I've also determined that a ready smile and speaking Spanish as best you can helps greatly.

And finally, hanging onto receipts just in case is always a good idea.