Chapala.com Webboard

pool cue repair

6 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I use to remove the old tip with a sharp knife,  and the replacements  I used had a sticky side which was then place on the cue,  but this was 20 years ago! 

I can easily do that too now that I think of it. Where can I  get some spare tips. Does anyone at Mom's have them? I have played at both Mom's Bars and now only play in the hall that has been given the safety seal of approval by my doctor. There are no crowds on the days my friends and I play. There are 2, 8 ball tables, a snooker and billiard table.  Never more than 4- 8[by invite only] at a time for 2-4 hours. I only need a tip replacement for a friends cue.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, lakeside7 said:

I use to remove the old tip with a sharp knife,  and the replacements  I used had a sticky side which was then place on the cue,  but this was 20 years ago! 

Thanks again for giving me the idea to do it myself. Made a tip from a piece of belt shaped it with my very sharp carving tool and 2 types of sandpaper. Attached with crazy glue,chalked it and it's ready to go!

4 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Thanks again for giving me the idea to do it myself. Made a tip from a piece of belt shaped it with my very sharp carving tool and 2 types of sandpaper. Attached with crazy glue,chalked it and it's ready to go!

Quick patent the idea and make a buck

• Sad 1