Chapala.com Webboard

A major cause of vaccine hesitancy

The afp fact check link above does NOT address geeser's post of Doctor McCullough statement which appears to be accurate whether you agree with it or not. Fact Check: Deaths from Covid Vaccination on CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System [VAERS]. Just saying there is something there from the CDC....??

Significant Jump This Week in Reported Injuries, Deaths After COVID Vaccine | In The US 118,902 total adverse events were reported to VAERS, including 3,544 deaths

FeedData released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the number of injuries and deaths reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) following COVID vaccines showed a significant jump in reports of injuries and deaths compared with last week’s numbers.

VAERS is the primary government-funded system for reporting adverse vaccine reactions in the U.S. Reports submitted to VAERS require further investigation before a causal relationship can be confirmed.

Every Friday, VAERS makes public all vaccine injury reports received as of a specified date, usually about a week prior to the release date. Today’s data show that between Dec. 14, 2020 and April 23, a total of 118,902 total adverse events were reported to VAERS, including 3,544 deaths — an increase of 358 over the previous week — and 12,619 serious injuries, up 2,467 since last week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, geeser said:

This group that is pushing McCullough's BS is described here by Wiki.  Right-wing nutbars. 

Centre for Research on Globalization

The Centre for Research on Globalization promotes conspiracy theories and falsehoods It has reported that the September 11 attacks were a false flag attack planned by the CIA, that the United States and its allies fund al-Qaeda and the Islamic State, and that sarin gas was not used in the Khan Shaykhun chemical attack, which globalresearch.ca articles characterized as a false flag operation orchestrated by terrorists opposed to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Other articles published on the site have asserted that the 7 July 2005 London bombings were perpetrated by the United States, Israel, and United Kingdom. Chossudovsky (note: the founder/operator of website) has himself posted articles on the site which suggested that Osama bin Laden was a CIA asset, and accusing the United States, Israel and Britain of plotting to conquer the world. The Centre has also promoted the Irish slavery myth, prompting a letter by more than 80 scholars debunking the myth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Jubilacion said:

The afp fact check link above does NOT address geeser's post of Doctor McCullough statement which appears to be accurate whether you agree with it or not. Fact Check: Deaths from Covid Vaccination on CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System [VAERS]. Just saying there is something there from the CDC....??

Significant Jump This Week in Reported Injuries, Deaths After COVID Vaccine | In The US 118,902 total adverse events were reported to VAERS, including 3,544 deaths

FeedData released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the number of injuries and deaths reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) following COVID vaccines showed a significant jump in reports of injuries and deaths compared with last week’s numbers.

VAERS is the primary government-funded system for reporting adverse vaccine reactions in the U.S. Reports submitted to VAERS require further investigation before a causal relationship can be confirmed.

Every Friday, VAERS makes public all vaccine injury reports received as of a specified date, usually about a week prior to the release date. Today’s data show that between Dec. 14, 2020 and April 23, a total of 118,902 total adverse events were reported to VAERS, including 3,544 deaths — an increase of 358 over the previous week — and 12,619 serious injuries, up 2,467 since last week.

The article quotes him directly numerous times, then follows it with facts, from multiple sources.

Eg:

"Healthy people younger than 50 do not need a Covid-19 vaccine: FALSE"

"People who have recovered from Covid-19 do not need the vaccine: FALSE"

"No evidence of asymptomatic spread of Covid-19: FALSE"

Even if the vaccine did cause some deaths, there is something called risk assessment. Over 3 million people have died from Covid in a little over a year. If 3500 people die from the vaccine (of which there is no credible evidence), which is the greater risk? Not to mention the ongoing health issues at least a third of those who have had Covid are suffering.

If you are forced to play Russian roulette, and are handed 2 guns, one of which has 1 bullet in it, and the other which has 5 bullets in it, which gun are you going to take your chances with?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

If you are forced to play Russian roulette, and are handed 2 guns, one of which has 1 bullet in it, and the other which has 5 bullets in it, which gun are you going to take your chances with?

Good analogy.

The guy is so wrong on so many of his statements it is hard to see why anyone would take him serious. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am 110% pro vaccines.   But the Astra-Zeneca obviously has risks that the Pfizer and Moderna do not.   

The 2nd person in Canada has just died from a A-Z vaccine caused VIIT blood clot.   Both were healthy women in their 50's, one in Quebec, and now in Alberta.     Plus quite a few more issues but not deaths.     And numerous other deaths around the world from the A-Z.     To the individuals who get the clots or die, the mass statistics, well, they don't really work well for them, do they?

The current guidance / approach in Canada is one of individual risk assessment  (Canada has all of these vaccines now, finally in somewhat decent supply, + has approved J&J now too)

1 - If you are in a high risk area and need to work or do a lot of activity around others, take the 1st vaccine you are offered.

2 - If you are retired or can work from home and stay otherwise isolated and safe, and you are more comfortable to wait for the MRNA vaccines from Pfizer / Moderna, then do that.

• Like 2

That is my attitude as well, virgogirl. I won't take the AstraZeneca, nor the Johnson and Johnson, both of which have had blood clotting issues and deaths. And I have super low blood pressure and varicose veins, which means I am more at risk for thrombosis than others.

The AstraZeneca and J&J are both viral vector type vaccines, the Pfizer and Moderna are messenger RNA type. Yet I don't read anyone talking about this. It seems sort of obvious to me that the blood clotting issue is linked to using the viral vector method of immunization.

Something similar happened with the polio vaccine. The live, weakened oral vaccine actually caused some cases of polio, although as with the AZ and J&J Covid vax, they were rare. Now only the inactivated polio vaccine is used.

At this point, because the vaccine production and distribution isn't keeping up with the need to get as many people vaxxed as possible, I can understand why the viral vector jabs are being considered an acceptable risk, but in the future we may see only the mRNA types being used.

• Like 3

This statement from the doctors' guide for covid treatment does not age well;

"The India Council on Medical Research (ICMR) published in March 2020 (updated in May, 2020) their national guidelines for India using HCQ 400 mg once a week for health care workers, physicians, nurses, first responders, high risk patients, and family members of exposed or COVID-positive individuals. As a result of widespread prophylaxis and early treatment with HCQ, India has a death rate 1/10 the rate in the United States, where prophylactic and early treatment use of HCQ has not been recommended or widely available. As more and more countries learned from the experiences in India and began to use this once a week prophylactic dose of HCQ, the death rates dropped sharply and the demand for hospital beds also dropped. Dr. McCullough’s team at Baylor did a study in their health care workers using HCQ prophylaxis and found it to be effective and safe, with no adverse cardiac events or serious side effects."

I'm hoping that antibodies from recovery (fighting off) covid will be my vaccination.

I went along with this way of thinking until I got my vaccine.  Prophylaxis is good if nothing else is available but it becomes useless when the number of cases overwhelm the ability to avoid contact with others who are contaminated.  Fighting off the virus once does not give you long lasting immunity.

5 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

Fighting off the virus once does not give you long lasting immunity.

This hasn't been going on long enough to know that. I have read reports of those who have had Covid getting it again, so it is certainly possible, but may not be true of everyone. Most people who had chicken pox or measles as a child have never gotten it again, even when closely exposed to others who are sick with it. Yet some people have had those diseases more than once.

Everyone's immune system is different.

Considering the outlandish costs for the sick to themselves and societies and their healthcare systems, and the very high death rate, you should get your shot wherever and whenever you can. The number of problems they may cause are infinitesimal compared to the risk to us all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

I went along with this way of thinking until I got my vaccine.  Prophylaxis is good if nothing else is available but it becomes useless when the number of cases overwhelm the ability to avoid contact with others who are contaminated.  Fighting off the virus once does not give you long lasting immunity.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting-immunity-found-after-recovery-covid-19

The researchers found durable immune responses in the majority of people studied. Antibodies against the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, which the virus uses to get inside cells, were found in 98% of participants one month after symptom onset. As seen in previous studies, the number of antibodies ranged widely between individuals. But, promisingly, their levels remained fairly stable over time, declining only modestly at 6 to 8 months after infection.

Virus-specific B cells increased over time. People had more memory B cells six months after symptom onset than at one month afterwards. Although the number of these cells appeared to reach a plateau after a few months, levels didn’t decline over the period studied.

Levels of T cells for the virus also remained high after infection. Six months after symptom onset, 92% of participants had CD4+ T cells that recognized the virus. These cells help coordinate the immune response. About half the participants had CD8+ T cells, which kill cells that are infected by the virus.

As with antibodies, the numbers of different immune cell types varied substantially between individuals. Neither gender nor differences in disease severity could account for this variability. However, 95% of the people had at least 3 out of 5 immune-system components that could recognize SARS-CoV-2 up to 8 months after infection.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2550-z 

ps. I am a microbiologist and did stay at a holiday inn last year ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

This hasn't been going on long enough to know that. I have read reports of those who have had Covid getting it again, so it is certainly possible, but may not be true of everyone. Most people who had chicken pox or measles as a child have never gotten it again, even when closely exposed to others who are sick with it. Yet some people have had those diseases more than once.

Everyone's immune system is different.

It is recommended that those who have recovered get a single jab [to the best of my knowledge]

I should have been more clear. I was referring to those using HCQ or Ivermectin. I had read that these drugs were being widely used in India and probably gave them a false sense of security.  India’s leaders did not stress the importance of getting vaccinated.

ps.  I started out in microbiology but switched to biology when I started getting migraines from looking through microscopes all day long.  Much easier.

• Like 1

Now 3 deaths in Canada from A-Z....and counting.   I think they are going to have to stop using the word "rare".......

New Brunswick reports province’s first death from rare blood clot linked to AstraZeneca’s vaccine

Empty vials of the Oxford-AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine, on March 17, 2021.

YVES HERMAN/REUTERS

New Brunswick health officials are reporting the province’s first death of someone who developed a blood clot after receiving the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine.

The individual in their 60s received the vaccine in mid-April and developed symptoms a week later, chief medical officer of health Dr. Jennifer Russell told reporters Wednesday. She said the person, whose gender was not disclosed, was admitted to hospital and died two days later.

“I want to stress that medical complications following vaccination are extremely rare, but they do happen,” Russell said.

It is the third reported death in Canada from the rare blood-clotting syndrome known as vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia, or VITT. A 54-year-old Quebec woman died last month after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine, and Alberta officials announced on Tuesday night the death of a woman in her 50s.

Russell said the risk of complications from the vaccine remains very low, between one in 100,000 and one in 250,000 doses. She added that hundreds of thousands of doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have been administered across Canada, the vast majority of them without incident.

The province has reported two cases of VITT. Russell said there are two other possible cases that are under investigation, but she wouldn’t provide more details until the investigations are complete.

“We will continue to evaluate the use of this vaccine to ensure that risks associated with its use are proportional to the potential consequences of contracting COVID-19,” Russell said. “The risk is not zero using it in people 55 and over, but the information that we have to this date is that the benefits outweigh those risks.”

1 hour ago, virgo lady said:

I think they are going to have to stop using the word "rare".......

Rare is relative. It's still rare compared to the number of people who've received that vaccine, but it is concerning.

However, there are humans and animals that have reactions to all sorts of medications that others can take with no issues. 

Lots of people give their dogs those pills against fleas and ticks, but my dog broke out in ulcerating sores all over her legs within 12 hours of giving her that pill. And I've read online accounts of people's dogs who went into convulsions and died immediately after having been given that medication.