Chapala.com Webboard

Fire Stick for TV reception?

Lexy

On 4/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, Alpha1 said:

ILOX seems to present issues with streaming in general. I'm not a fan of IPTV, but do enjoy the speed and convenience of Real-Debrid.

I have ILOX.  I have 5 friends who have ILOX.  We've never had any issues with streaming mainstream providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO etc.....As Lcscats stated, for some reason ILOX has issues with some illegal IPTV services, with or without a VPN.

I have the same IPTV provider as Lcscats, and it works great.  

I am the "Rich" that people are mentioning. I have programmed over 200 firesticks with a customer base of 293 people. The firestick is designed to enable you to watch tv with no monthly costs or subscription fees. A VPN is not needed. The device itself needs to be "fine tuned" during setup, and each app installed also needs fine tuning, to help eliminate buffering as much as possible. After that we are at the mercy of the wifi provider. On average it takes about 1 1/2 hours to properly program a firestick. You will be able to see sports, news, live tv, entertainment, movies and tv series, again all for free, no additional costs. You don't need to subscribe/pay for to see CNN, MSNBC, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, ABC, NBC,CBS, to name a few. Netflix will still require a paid subscription but many of the things you get with Netflix you can see with just using the firestick and not going through Netflix. For more details or other questions you might want to check the various local facebook groups .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rich Richie said:

I am the "Rich" that people are mentioning. I have programmed over 200 firesticks with a customer base of 293 people. The firestick is designed to enable you to watch tv with no monthly costs or subscription fees. A VPN is not needed. The device itself needs to be "fine tuned" during setup, and each app installed also needs fine tuning, to help eliminate buffering as much as possible. After that we are at the mercy of the wifi provider. On average it takes about 1 1/2 hours to properly program a firestick. You will be able to see sports, news, live tv, entertainment, movies and tv series, again all for free, no additional costs. You don't need to subscribe/pay for to see CNN, MSNBC, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, ABC, NBC,CBS, to name a few. Netflix will still require a paid subscription but many of the things you get with Netflix you can see with just using the firestick and not going through Netflix. For more details or other questions you might want to check the various local facebook groups .

Some would like your contact info and pricing, and direction to those Facebook groups, please.

3 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Some would like your contact info and pricing, and direction to those Facebook groups, 

Groups on Facebook are

Gringos Ajijic & Lakeside

Friendly Gringos Ajijic & Chapala

My page to reach me directly and/or messenger, friend request is RichInMexico

Additionally through those sites you should be able to find me by doing a search for me by name Rich Richie.

Last resort is my email

Richg359@gmail.com 

2 hours ago, Rich Richie said:

Groups on Facebook are

Gringos Ajijic & Lakeside

Friendly Gringos Ajijic & Chapala

My page to reach me directly and/or messenger, friend request is RichInMexico

Additionally through those sites you should be able to find me by doing a search for me by name Rich Richie.

Last resort is my email

Richg359@gmail.com 

Thank you so much.

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

I and others have often posted Rich's info in earlier topics. He set me up, and came and reset when required. Totally good at what he does. But he installs and instructs. He does not SELL the product (unless there's a REALLY recent change)

Yes I do sell when I have inventory 

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

You can buy the latest version on Amazon Mexico..around 1400 peso.. I would also buy an OTG Ethernet adapter so you can use an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi, Look on YouTube how to program it.. it’s not difficult Save yourself a lot of money..

Some have found that WiFi gives better results than the Ethernet cable.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• FWIW, we use Rich and are 100% happy w/his services. He's very good about follow-up, when needed, Yes, you can buy a Firestick direct, but unless you're tech savvy, why take on that headache? In all honesty, we've learned a lot via the internet (YouTube, etc), but it's so nice to have someone come in, install it, check to make sure it works and save us a lot of time. In fairness, there is a LOT of info available online and we do use it for updates, but once in a blue moon something will pop up that is beyond our basic abilities. We went from paying $140/month for Dish to $0 and get all of the stations that we had before and then some (a LOT!). The one downside is that when the internet is wonky, this will affect the reception; however, a little irritation is northing when saving so much money. JMHO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

WiFi will never giver better results than an Ethernet cable. If the modem is sitting within inches of the TV you might get the same performance..

Not in our experience. Android box is connected via ethernet cable (wifi wasn't cutting it). Firestick is set to wifi.  FS works MUCH better almost all of the time.

I have tested a Firestick 4K on both WiFi and ethernet cable fed from a router (not the Ilox modem); WiFi performs a little better on a speedtest. Now that Ilox seems to be more stable in the last few months I am using Wifi from a router without any buffering.

24 minutes ago, Out1 said:

I have tested a Firestick 4K on both WiFi and ethernet cable fed from a router (not the Ilox modem); WiFi performs a little better on a speedtest. Now that Ilox seems to be more stable in the last few months I am using Wifi from a router without any buffering.

An Ethernet cable gives you a stable signal.. If you have fiber using an Ethernet cable is not as critical as using it with low speed internet  Firesticks and android boxes don’t like internet speed to bounce around.