Chapala.com Webboard

GOOD VACCINE EXPERIENCE

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Included in the above link: Comprobante de domicilio que acredite que vive en el municipio donde te vacunarán. =

Proof of address that shows you live in the municipality where they will vaccinate you.

Congrats to those who went anyway, thereby depriving legal residents of said municipality of the doses you "stole". That the on-site people turned a blind eye is not the point. But I guess everyone has their own set of moral and ethical standards.

They actually just want you to get vaccinated and with the exception of the people at the VFG arena, they don't really care where you're from and it's not stealing. They are not getting the turnout they hoped for and they are encouraging anyone over 60 who hasn't had any vaccine yet to come. Here is proof of that from El Salto. The government would prefer anyone in that age category to come rather than end up in their hospitals. 

IMG_20210416_113302.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, All Day said:

You should contact the Municipio de Tlajomulco after today and find out if any residents were denied access to the vaccine due to shortages.  Please post when you receive an answer.  Then we can talk about ethics and morality.

Have already replied after seeing evidence of "permission to attend to GimpyChimp, and apologized. My reaction was based on  earlier rounds in various Guad municipalities where       crashing the lines was NOT officially granted but some people did it anyway.

Mea culpa.

• Like 1

Natasha today in our beautiful city of San Luis Potosi INSABI is vaccinating 60 and over in alabetical order since Tues. (ends today Fri.) for 4 days at 5 centers like our football stadium and fair grounds and found out many people are not showing up so took the extra Pfizer vaccines to the newer large state university auditorium without notifying the news but notified INSABI and state health workers that anyone with their MIVACUNA.gob.MX printout over 60 quickly come and get the first vaccination and we will stay until the last senior is vaccinated who comes today or we run out. Huge parking lot there and air conditioned building.

This what I am talking about.

They are trying very hard to hurry up the vaccinating process now as they are 1 month  behind already following the federal governments rules of their roll out plan.

It is not corruption or stealing someone else's vaccine jab. Many people are not showing up to get the jab. This is a major fault in the roll out plan. They overlooked this happening everywhere.

• Like 1

My neighbor drove me to the University of Guadalajara, today, for my first shot. Unfortunately, she's leaving for the U.S. in a week, and expects to remain there for two months. I was hoping to catch a ride with someone who is going in for the second shot when that happens. Will be happy to contribute towards gas. Thanks.

20 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

They actually just want you to get vaccinated and with the exception of the people at the VFG arena, they don't really care where you're from and it's not stealing. They are not getting the turnout they hoped for and they are encouraging anyone over 60 who hasn't had any vaccine yet to come. Here is proof of that from El Salto. The government would prefer anyone in that age category to come rather than end up in their hospitals. 

IMG_20210416_113302.jpg

What is VFG?

1 hour ago, RickS said:

If you find no one, there are plenty of 'drivers' locally that one can call. Maybe 600-1000 pesos but if it gets you your 2nd shot it's worth it IMO.

You can also share the ride and split the cost. We drove over with 3 people to reduce the cost.

• Sad 1

Just over a week ago Saturday we went to the Akron Stadium in Zapopan, after several friends went the previous Friday, to get the AstraZeneca vaccine.  There was nobody there and the guard said the Friday turnout was so low they didn't think it was worth doing it on Saturday.  52,000 doses left unused.  I don't think those lakesiders who went on Friday "stole" any vaccines from any Zapopan locals.  The object of all of this effort is to get as many vaccinated as possible as soon as possible no matter how you do it.  The same is happening in the US...doesn't matter where you are from just get it done.  Hopefully Mexico will feel the same at every location the vaccines are being given.  Alan

• Like 3