Chapala.com Webboard

Walmart at it again.... or still?

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

If you said "I'm sorry, I don't understand" instead of the very rude and ignorant "Whaaaaat???", you MAY get replies. 

I think this is better than using one of those stupid "confused" or "sad" face cartoons!!!! At least it is part of the English language...what is ignorant about that???

8 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I think this is better than using one of those stupid "confused" or "sad" face cartoons!!!! At least it is part of the English language...what is ignorant about that???

😟

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

I remember one on the corner of Morelos & Madero where the furniture stor e is, and one on Hidalgo more or less where Santander is. The butcher in the Madero location liked to buy & sell black market goods. 

The first answer is correct, the second answer, no.  The store where Santander is now, was mainly a carnicería operated by Gus Sanchez with a nice selection of other groceries, but small.  The two stores I mentioned had the same owner and I´ll give you a clue.....he lived just east of the old Maskaras Clinic in the brick building

LOL....a whole lot of people liked to sell "black market goods" before NAFTA.

14 hours ago, Natasha said:

Of course many people have been here longer. This was only a reply to TelsZ4 who directed that comment specifically to me.

IF I remember correctly, when Soriana opened here, it actually was a Gigante..... which was a far superior store all over Mexico, but at some point was bought out by Soriana.

I do know there had been a large privately owned supermarket at the traffic light SE corner in Chapala (and another branch in Ajijic?) but  it was closed before we arrived after the tragic incident involving father and son....... and stayed vacant for quite a while after.

No not the Soriana/Gigante or whatever it was, location.  The rest of your answer is correct.  There was a tragic incident involving son, not sure what you mean by father and son. Two of my children were very close to the son and they would go to his house and he would come to ours.

14 hours ago, Natasha said:

Of course many people have been here longer. This was only a reply to TelsZ4 who directed that comment specifically to me.

Not many......Most everyone that I knew that were adults then, are dead and gone.  The children yes, they are still around.  A lot of people have passed through this area, lived here a short while and then moved on. I am speaking of the extranjeros.  Old Mexican families are still here and in tact.

10 hours ago, sunshineydays said:

Wasn't there a super mercado where the Tuesday market is now?

No that is a newer building built by the Serna family to be a grocery store but failed and became an event center.  Serna had a very successful grocery store on the corner of Ocampo and Morelos in Ajijic where everyone shopped but it was small. Where some kind of hamburger place is now.

We´ll end the discussion about the locations as that has been fairly well answered here.  In Chapala, it was the first 3 locales on Madero, east side, at the corner with Morelos where the furniture store and Chinese resturant and something else is.  In Ajijic, it was where Farmacia Guad. is, and Amutio was, the entire building.  The Actinver building is very recent and was built by AWLLOYD.  

Keep trying on the name of the stores and the owner.

4 hours ago, slainte39 said:

We´ll end the discussion about the locations as that has been fairly well answered here.  In Chapala, it was the first 3 locales on Madero, east side, at the corner with Morelos where the furniture store and Chinese resturant and something else is.  In Ajijic, it was where Farmacia Guad. is, and Amutio was, the entire building.  The Actinver building is very recent and was built by AWLLOYD.  

Keep trying on the name of the stores and the owner.

If I remember correctly they were  owned and operated by the Cuevas family.

59 minutes ago, Mijo said:

Pancho’s always adds a couple charges. WATCH OUT!!

And he really jacks up the price, one item was 8 pesos at walmart and 80 pesos at Panchos   He insisted that was the correct price.  Everybody else sold it for 8 pesos.  I rarely go there as a matter of fact cannot remember the last time we were there.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Has anyone successfully used a debit or credit card to make an online purchase at Walmart?  I've tried a US credit card, a BBVA credit card, a BBVA debit card, and an Actinver debit card and they were all "accepted" at first only to be rejected later and the order cancelled.  Of course, no reason was ever offered nor was there any notification that the order was later cancelled.  

Has anyone successfully used a debit or credit card to make an online purchase at Walmart?  I've tried a US credit card, a BBVA credit card, a BBVA debit card, and an Actinver debit card and they were all "accepted" at first only to be rejected later and the order cancelled.  Of course, no reason was ever offered nor was there any notification that the order was later cancelled.  

2 hours ago, CactusMike said:

I'm not certain if this is the type of "online" purchase you were making or not, but I have used my BBVA CC many times for home delivery of groceries.

When Walmart began accepting PayPal I began using my PP account (linked to my BBVA account) because any refunds are immediate through PP.

The purchases I've been trying to make are for same day groceries. 

The problems I've been having with the BBVA were that newest generation cards don't have pre-assigned security codes but, instead, require that you generate them by means of the BBVA app at the time of purchase.  However, Walmart submits it to the bank, but the bank never seems to accept it.  I also couldn't use the dynamic security codes with the debit card to use with paypal for the same reason that the security code generated and stored will no longer be valid at the time of use.

I was able to use cash in the past, but that option disappeared from the Walmart list of payment options.  The last time I tried to use the cash option before it disappeared, the web site's error message indicated that option was not available to me.  Maybe I'm on some sort of Walmart blacklist??? 

I finally found a combination that works though (at least so far).  I set up a Mexican paypal account for my wife and used the Actinver debit card as its associated bank card and that worked.

50 minutes ago, CactusMike said:

The purchases I've been trying to make are for same day groceries. 

The problems I've been having with the BBVA were that newest generation cards don't have pre-assigned security codes but, instead, require that you generate them by means of the BBVA app at the time of purchase.  However, Walmart submits it to the bank, but the bank never seems to accept it.  I also couldn't use the dynamic security codes with the debit card to use with paypal for the same reason that the security code generated and stored will no longer be valid at the time of use.

I was able to use cash in the past, but that option disappeared from the Walmart list of payment options.  The last time I tried to use the cash option before it disappeared, the web site's error message indicated that option was not available to me.  Maybe I'm on some sort of Walmart blacklist??? 

I finally found a combination that works though (at least so far).  I set up a Mexican paypal account for my wife and used the Actinver debit card as its associated bank card and that worked.

I have found PayPal to be very useful here.  My account is also a Mx account.

Good that you found a work around.