Chapala.com Webboard

Methotrexate-Where to get it?

Below is a translation I received from a friend. If anyone knows how she can get it please post here, Thank you!

"methotrexate, it is a drug for rheumatoid arthritis, I have not been able to get it and I know that she was able to get it, I don't know, or some pharmacy would like to hear from her to see if He could inform me because I already finished mine and it is important to get it because it is a shot that I have to always have I always appreciate if someone gives me a reason for it or said someone knows about methotrexate because I cannot find it in pharmacies it is out of stock"

I can't tell you where to get it but I am providing some links that may help. The first one gives you the option of putting in the country (on the right) to find out what it's called in that country and all forms of availability. I am in the same boat with Micardis Plus which hasn't been available for months. Farmacia Maskaras was most helpful with another brand that has the same ingredients.

https://www.vademecum.es/equivalencia-lista-metotrexato+tabletas+2%2C5+mg-mexico-l04ax03-1143863-mx-B-49_1

http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/Methotrexate.aspx

• Like 1

They should but won't go to the trouble if someone doesn't specifically ask for alternatives. That's why I recommended Farmacia Maskaras. Customer service above and beyond but talk to the Jefe there because the younger man knows boodiddleysquat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ferret said:

They should but won't go to the trouble if someone doesn't specifically ask for alternatives. That's why I recommended Farmacia Maskaras. Customer service above and beyond but talk to the Jefe there because the younger man knows boodiddleysquat.

The owner of Farmacia Maskaras, Lulu, is usually at the store in SAT, a half block west of the SA Hospital.  She knows everything.

She's the best. She also has the old Farmacia Maskaras in Maskares. Her son runs that farmacia. At least he did the last time I was there. He is quite knowledgeable as well. But no one compares with his mom, Lulu   

50 minutes ago, johanson said:

She's the best. She also has the old Farmacia Maskaras in Maskares. Her son runs that farmacia. At least he did the last time I was there. He is quite knowledgeable as well. But no one compares with his mom, Lulu   

You are correct Pete, Ivan, the son, manages the Riberas store and mom, Lulu, is at the SAT location.  In many years here, I have never met a better or more knowledgeable  farmacéutica than Lulu, except for Hector Marquez, who is long gone.

2 hours ago, johanson said:

As far as I know Ivan who runs the store next to the old Maskaras clinic is not her son. But he is excellent. Always tries to help me find what I need. He will even deliver.

• Like 1