Chapala.com Webboard

Price of propane

I'm assuming that your on-demand water heater is outside? If so, then the heating coils would need to be cleaned and also the orifice of the gas source because bugs LOVE the smell of the Mercaptol additive in propane. Mine is inside the bathroom with a flu for escaping gases... no bugs, no dust. So, I just run vinegar through it once a year. Six years now with exceptionally hard water and it ignites every single time. Oh, also put 2 brand new D batteries (Duracell coppertop only) in every year as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, InChapala1 said:

Propane prices are impacted by crude oil prices and since start of the war in Ukraine, propane prices have gone up each week. And I believe, tho not certain, Mexico gets much of its propane from the U.S. Why do think there will be another jump after April 10th? Is it b/c summer driving season will cause crude oil prices to increase?

Follow the politics in Mexico  The referendum is April 10. AMLO has had Pemex hold prices and suspended some energy taxes so he will get votes.  Afterwards gas licuado  and gasoline will rise as taxes return. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ferret said:

I'm assuming that your on-demand water heater is outside? If so, then the heating coils would need to be cleaned and also the orifice of the gas source because bugs LOVE the smell of the Mercaptol additive in propane. Mine is inside the bathroom with a flu for escaping gases... no bugs, no dust. So, I just run vinegar through it once a year. Six years now with exceptionally hard water and it ignites every single time. Oh, also put 2 brand new D batteries (Duracell coppertop only) in every year as well.

Fortunately it has its own little room which we keep clean.

Good ideas for maintenance.  We have no batteries as ours is a plug in.