Chapala.com Webboard

Siren Goes off aaallll night...

Hi! have some of you heard a siren that goes off aaaaaaaaalllll night, every night?  The wind brings to me that sound,  and sometimes I can not sleep at all!  The sound apparently comes from a siren that must be in some place by the lake, maybe Riberas or some other place towards SAT.  I would like to know where it is located to ask the owner of that alarm to stop it!   TIA  😒

Strange as it sounds, there are birds that make a "car alarm sound" that occurs only at night or very early in the morning.  They will go on for HOURS.  If you get fed up at 3AM and go out to throw a stick up into the tree, they just pause the "woo woo woo" long enough for you to get back in the house.  They are taunting me, I swear.  Some nights it is just one and some nights you can hear their counterparts all over Riberas.  I have no idea what they look like but several neighbors have suggested a cash prize for the first one that brings home a dead one...just kidding, maybe.  They are seasonal only at this time of year so we're hoping they migrate the heck out of here SOON!  Or you could just have a car alarm going off someplace...Alan

• Sad 1

We have a bird that comes every spring through summer near our house.  It sounds like it is screaming "help" most of the time and, occasionally,  "let me out". It is kind of funny except when it decides to start screaming very early in the morning. Gone during fall and winter months. 

• Sad 1

The nightjar call is pretty annoying but nothing compared to the "woo woo" bird.  It's call is much more regular, louder, and sounds pretty much like a car alarm.  More like woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo...that NEVER stops!  It pretty soon becomes like somebody poking you in the chest.  I'm pretty close to becoming a character in a Bill Murray movie.  You know, a simple frustration that soon leads to explosives.   Alan

• Sad 1

I do not know but google says the the nighjar are living in Asia, if that is the case I doubt that it s that bird. There are very few birds making that kind of noice at night..

A few years ago I went crazy with an alarm and it was some kind of alarm from the water company according to the locals.. Not sure if that was true but it did drive me crazy.. Ask the locals arounnd your house what it is.

I am afraid.. it is a bird... :(   Years before, I did not hear that...  anyway.   Thanks for all your answers :)