Chapala.com Webboard

How we can overcome vaccine hesitancy

You can get covid after being vaccinated, just not a very  serious one.. although according to what I hear in Europe there are many many cases of nasty sequel to covid even very light ones.. Germany is considering discontinuing Astrazeneca and using Sputnik . 

Nothing on the various Chinese vaccines so far except that they are not recognized if you want to travel to Europe and same goes for Sputnik so far.

This is ridiculous and messy. You get vaccinated in one country that recognizes the efficacy, but another country says that doesn't count because they haven't approved it? And now the US is saying "There are no vaccination requirements for visitors to the United States, and US residents traveling abroad do not need any vaccines to reenter the United States. " but does not mention Covid specifically. https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/united-states

I haven't seen any tests that prove you have been vaccinated; only tests that can detect the presence of the virus itself. As of now, are there any agreements between countries about mutually acceptable vaccines? This is going to take some serious work, but authorities are letting it roll on and waiting to see what's next, instead of being proactive.

I think that if you cannot prove you are vaccinated with the approved vaccine in that country you will have to have covid tests or go in quarantine so nothing changed and lets see if the vaccines are effective more than 6 months..At least I can go to China with my vaccine if I ever get the second one.

8 minutes ago, bmh said:

I think that if you cannot prove you are vaccinated with the approved vaccine in that country you will have to have covid tests or go in quarantine so nothing changed and lets see if the vaccines are effective more than 6 months..At least I an go to China with my vaccine if I ever get the second one.

Pfizer says that their vaccine has been 100% effective for over 6 months already. No one has been positive for covid after getting both Pfizers.

• Haha 1

Johnson & Johnson vaccines are having serious side effect in area just north of Denver.  11 immediately has side effects, one taken to the hospital.   650 people waiting were waiting for them vaccine were sent home.  Right now they are stopping this vaccine

Since Mezcala is having the second vaccine this week.  Maybe like in March, this area was the following week.   So maybe next week it will be in this area.

17 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

Johnson & Johnson vaccines are having serious side effect in area just north of Denver.  11 immediately has side effects, one taken to the hospital.   650 people waiting were waiting for them vaccine were sent home.  Right now they are stopping this vaccine

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/08/colorado-johnson-johnson-vaccine-investigation/

No “serious side effects.” No one taken to hospital.  Stopped vaccinations at that one store for that day. Vaccinations will be resumed at that store. Other than that, you are correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

It could be a bad batch rather than the vaccine being totally bad.  Time will tell.

25 minutes ago, lcscats said:

It could be a bad batch rather than the vaccine being totally bad.  Time will tell.

There was a problem with contamination of 15 million doses of J&J reported a week ago at a third-party Baltimore pharma plant that was producing both J&J (and AstraZeneca).  They destroyed the doses and AZ has stopped that site from manufacturing for them.  J&J has gotten approval from FDA to oversee the production lines at Baltimore plant.   

J&J says no bad vax was shipped out of Baltimore, and that all J&J vax being given in US now are from a plant in the Netherlands.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/04/984274691/johnson-johnson-to-oversee-vaccine-production-at-baltimore-facility

https://www.axios.com/emergent-biosolutions-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-dfd781a8-d007-4354-910a-e30d5007839b.html

For most of us, it is questions and discussion, not "pontificating". I recommend that some people should get down off their high horse and mingle with us plebs, so they could recognize that. There are very few things more venial that lording it over everyone else while hiding behind a nickname. Virtue signaling is what they call it, and I for one don't cotton to it.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, Jim Bowie said:

Pfizer says that their vaccine has been 100% effective for over 6 months already. No one has been positive for covid after getting both Pfizers.

The world's biggest study of Pfizer's vaccine by Israel's biggest healthcare provider, using 1.2 million patients, reported by the New England Journal of Medicine,  reported up to a 22% risk of "severe COVID disease" for Pfizer vaccinated patients   at 95% Confidence levels.

The Israeli study further reported that up to 45% of the Pfizer vaccinated patients with "severe COVID disease" required hospitalization.

ALL of the current vaccines have significant gaps in protection,  ranging from a 12% gap in protection for Pfizer patients ...  a 16% protection gap for Sinovac ... a 24% gap for gap for Oxford AstraZenica ... and a 35% gap for JnJ.      This means we must keep wearing tight-fitting medical grade masks & socially distancing until COVID transmissions are choked off.

Also notice that the "average" protections reported for vaccines, are just that:  Averages.     There are typically 50% of patients who get less than  'average' protection ... especially older patients.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2101765

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, snowyco said:

The world's biggest study of Pfizer's vaccine by Israel's biggest healthcare provider, using 1.2 million patients, reported by the New England Journal of Medicine,  reported up to a 22% risk of "severe COVID disease" for Pfizer vaccinated patients   at 95% Confidence levels.

The Israeli study further reported that up to 45% of the Pfizer vaccinated patients with "severe COVID disease" required hospitalization.

ALL of the current vaccines have significant gaps in protection,  ranging from a 12% gap in protection for Pfizer patients ...  a 16% protection gap for Sinovac ... a 24% gap for gap for Oxford AstraZenica ... and a 35% gap for JnJ.      This means we must keep wearing tight-fitting medical grade masks & socially distancing until COVID transmissions are choked off.

Also notice that the "average" protections reported for vaccines, are just that:  Averages.     There are typically 50% of patients who get less than  'average' protection ... especially older patients.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2101765

If you would have read more carefully, you would have discovered many things that you "failed" to mention. 

(1)Those in the group were much younger than a normal sample, because the older people had been vaccinated much longer

(2) Did not include anyone who had been vaccinated more than 21 days after the second dose

(3) etc.

Pfizer said that the protection after the first dose was not 95% and this study verifies that. This study says nothing about those vaccinated more than 21 days after the second dose. 

This simply confirms what Pfizer has said about the first dose. Nothing new here, so move along !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

If you would have read more carefully, you would have discovered many things that you "failed" to mention. 

(1)Those in the group were much younger than a normal sample, because the older people had been vaccinated much longer

(2) Did not include anyone who had been vaccinated more than 21 days after the second dose

(3) etc.

Pfizer said that the protection after the first dose was not 95% and this study verifies that. This study says nothing about those vaccinated more than 21 days after the second dose. 

This simply confirms what Pfizer has said about the first dose. Nothing new here, so move along !

Notice that when the New England Journal of Medicine reports that    22% of vaccinated people with COVID infections had    "severe COVID disease" ... with up to 45% of them being hospitalized     after 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine,    THIS IS A NEW FINDING...  not reported by Pfizer.

Notice that when up to 12% of vaccinated patients GOT COVID ... "at 7   or more   days after the second dose" ...
it means the vaccine did not work up to 12% of the time.

As such, the New England Journal of Medicine report results are NOT for your claimed supposed "21 days " or less after the 2'nd dose.

Cheers!
No

On 4/9/2021 at 7:48 PM, AndyPanda said:

There are very few things more venial that lording it over everyone else while hiding behind a nickname. Virtue signaling is what they call it, and I for one don't cotton to it.

Then why don't you post under your real name, Sr. Andy Panda blah blah blah?    And no one cares what you "cotton to" or not.     

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2021 at 6:48 PM, AndyPanda said:

For most of us, it is questions and discussion, not "pontificating". I recommend that some people should get down off their high horse and mingle with us plebs, so they could recognize that. There are very few things more venial that lording it over everyone else while hiding behind a nickname. Virtue signaling is what they call it, and I for one don't cotton to it.

You are talking about yourself and don't have a clue you are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing but they are not - only you are. Psychological projection of your behaviour onto others not behaving this way at all. Many reading your posts see this clearly but you don't. Funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2