Chapala.com Webboard

Daylight Saving Time

Apr 4, 2021 - Daylight Saving Time Starts

When local standard time is about to reach
Sunday, April 4, 2021, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour to
Sunday, April 4, 2021, 3:00:00 am local daylight time instead.

Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour later on Apr 4, 2021 than the day before. There will be more light in the evening.

Also called Spring Forward, Summer Time, and Daylight Savings Time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

AMLO let us down here.  He said he was going to get rid of this nuisance.

Yup.  Just like everything else he said he would or would not do. And guessing his promise to leave and go back to his ranch in 2021 if people don't want him any more also ain't gonna' happen.

• Like 1

Isn't this political?  If not, here is my opinion.  AMLO, an unqualified populist...like a recent US prez, and is in over his head but doesn't know it...just like a recent US prez.  In any case, daylight savings time is obsolete and isn't popular anymore on both sides of the border.  Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I once asked a Mexican why the country was full of people that saw no benefit in daylight savings time. His reply put it in prospective. He said, "If you go to work before the sun comes up and do not return until after the sun has set, what does it matter?"

25 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

I once asked a Mexican why the country was full of people that saw no benefit in daylight savings time. His reply put it in prospective. He said, "If you go to work before the sun comes up and do not return until after the sun has set, what does it matter?"

My point exactly.  Event time,  not clock time. 

All well and good, and I'm up for it. Businesses, however, do not run on event time. Whether you care about DST or not, clock time is important. And it affects more than just your chosen country, pareticulary if you do business or have personal interactions with those in other countries. That will never change. Even The Doomsday Clock is based on "clock" time.

That outdoor Santana concert may start "at dusk", but the indoor Santana concert starts "at 8".

17 hours ago, barrbower said:

Isn't this political?  If not, here is my opinion.  AMLO, an unqualified populist...like a recent US prez, and is in over his head but doesn't know it...just like a recent US prez.  In any case, daylight savings time is obsolete and isn't popular anymore on both sides of the border.  Alan

I thought there was a push in the US by some to use the DST year round.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:28 AM, HarryB said:

Just a question. How did the average public keep accurate time before radio and tv to tell us?

They didn't. They went by the sun and time varied from town to town. When trains came and they had schedules everything changed. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, cedros said:

They didn't. They went by the sun and time varied from town to town. When trains came and they had schedules everything changed. 

Watches and clocks were used long before trains appeared. The oldest STILL WORKING pocket watch was made in 1530 and the oldest STILL WORKING clock was made in 1386. First train,1804 and other methods of transportation of people and goods used before trains and even after, like stage coaches[guess what else] required the use of time pieces.

• Like 2