Chapala.com Webboard

Mule service from u s to Chapala

Phil, I cut an ad out of the Ojo about a month ago for a lakeside delivery service.  We have not used them, but, others may have and will probably chime in.  Here is their contact information from the ad:

web site   www.macdonald-services.com/chapala-ajijic

email        delivery@macdonald-services.com

phone      415 121 9266

53 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Phil, I cut an ad out of the Ojo about a month ago for a lakeside delivery service.  We have not used them, but, others may have and will probably chime in.  Here is their contact information from the ad:

web site   www.macdonald-services.com/chapala-ajijic

email        delivery@macdonald-services.com

phone      415 121 9266

Thank just what I am looking for

Gracious Lady

AMLO fired the customs people due to corruption and put national guard people to replace them.  Everything has come to a halt until they figure out how to do the job. Point I am still getting US amazon stuff so maybe they have own teams to deal with this. I don't know.  

18 hours ago, Ferret said:

Alex' service is currently on hold because of border problems. I received an e-mail from him to that effect a few weeks ago.

I haven’t heard that about Alex.. last year Alex stopped going to the border himself, he had someone delivering the shipments to him.. and then he distributed the packages as usual. 

Then do, please, contact him yourself. I am a regular customer of his. I am not talking about last year, I'm talking about a few weeks ago and it is probably for the reason that lcscats described. Alex said he would let us know when it was no longer a problem.

Received March 18th, 2021...

Hello everyone,

Fairly recently, the federal government here in Mexico sent the Mexican National Guard (military) to take over the customs in Nuevo Laredo where my shipments are crossed every week.
This change has caused big delays in the importation of boxes into Mexico. I didn't receive a shipment last week and now this week's shipment has been held up as well. I've been calling my Laredo contact every day to get a feel for how the situation is unfolding. He's always put a brave face on things and has assured me that the delays will be short lasting. He told me that
in the past when changes have affected customs in Nuevo Laredo, the delays only lasted a maximum of a week, but usually even less time than that. However, the National Guard in Mexico is a recently created entity and this is the first time that they've been assigned to get involved in the inner workings of customs. Customs in Mexico has always had a lot of power (particularly in Nuevo Laredo) and I assume that they're having absolute fits that suddenly another entity has come in and is calling the shots now. 

I've been dragging my feet somewhat in sounding the alarm regarding the delays, as I didn't want to create a big stir prematurely. However, it would be irresponsible of me to allow any more time to go by without alerting everyone to the problems affecting the importation of products into Mexico. The problem might be resolved within the next few days and it might not, so it's anybody's guess right now.

Please do not order anything else and have it sent to my Laredo address until you hear from me giving you the green light to do so.

Also, it's important that you confirm back with me that you received this email.

Thank you,

Alex Peterson
Rapidpack
333 577 7765

• Thanks 2

On 3/31/2021 at 9:28 AM, phil in mexico said:

Thank just what I am looking for

Gracious Lady

Macdonald-----not recommended-----------took 3 months to receive a box, along with a lot of aggravation--------

customer service is nonexistant.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, ra27 said:

Macdonald-----not recommended-----------took 3 months to receive a box, along with a lot of aggravation--------

customer service is nonexistant.

Absolutely avoid Macdonald. They lost 1500 USD worth of lab equipment for 2 months and still charged me. They told me first they were 100% reliable to deliver this.