Chapala.com Webboard

What is the approximate cost of COVID-19 test needed for return flight to the US.

MitchG

27 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

I would assume showing proof of your vaccines would pass to fly. Wonder why you would need an antigen test when you have been vaccinated??

They still want the test right now. I hope that changes before long. A positive test can be quite a hassle. https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/03/28/mexico-covid-travel-stuck-covid-test-positive-cdc-international-flights/6982341002/  Thanks for the replies. 

On 3/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, sm1mex said:

I would assume showing proof of your vaccines would pass to fly. Wonder why you would need an antigen test when you have been vaccinated??

Do you understand what the vaccines do? They keep you from getting so sick if you contract Covid that you end up in the hospital or dead. They don't prevent you from either becoming infected or spreading the virus.

A vaccine stimulates your immune system to produce antibodies, exactly like it would if you were exposed to the disease. After getting vaccinated, you develop immunity to that disease, without having to get the disease first. This is what makes vaccines such powerful medicine. Unlike most medicines, which treat or cure diseases, vaccines prevent themhttps://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vpd-vac-basics.html

Vaccines often provide long-lasting immunity to serious diseases without the risk of serious illness. https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/work/prevention.

It is possible, but unlikely, that a person will become infected again unless they are exposed before the time period the vaccine requires to build immunity. This has been true of all 16 vaccines for other infections since the '50s.

53 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

After getting vaccinated, you develop immunity to that disease, without having to get the disease first.

Do you have some medical credentials that give you the knowledge required to make this statement?

Because that isn't what any medical expert nor the vaccine companies are saying. They are all unanimous in saying what the vaccine does is save you from being hospitalized or dying if you contract the virus. It doesn't confer immunity.

• Confused 1

What expertise in medicine do you have, to be criticizing or doubting? I gave you links to the important stuff. Did you even look? Or just decide to fire back, without including any backup? I don't think one can get much more reliable than the CDC and the US government. Unless you think science is fake.

Show me yours. Anybody can Google. At least I back it up. Do I have to do all the research for you in response to your unsubstantiated claims?

Let me add: I was being polite by showing you links to the actual facts, rather than saying what I wanted to, which was What, are you nuts? It's YOU who obviously has no clue what a vaccine does. Preposterous that you would just put that baloney out there and expect us to lap it up.

• Thanks 1

Near the end it is explained that the vaccines don't prevent you from contracting the virus. For your enlightenment. This info can also be found in many articles if you just search Google. 

You really need to learn to post without making personal attacks. Most adults are capable of that.

3 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

I don't think one can get much more reliable than the CDC and the US government

That's a laugh.

• Thanks 1

i am sick to death of your patronizing statements. "Do you have some medical credentials that give you the knowledge required to make this statement?" and "If you just search Google" (when I already pointed out those searches to you).You deserve what you get in return.

Meantime you diss a world-respected organization AND the government, while tossing out some random video. I will entertain no more of your childish behaviour.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Near the end it is explained that the vaccines don't prevent you from contracting the virus. For your enlightenment. This info can also be found in many articles if you just search Google. 

You really need to learn to post without making personal attacks. Most adults are capable of that.

That's a laugh.

The video was interesting, thank you. 

• Like 1

Yes, a very interesting topic. I just know that I went to get my first shot a little more than a  week ago in Seattle, and after getting it and getting a record thereof, I discovered that it was labeled a Pfizer Biotech vaccine. Did I accidently get the best vaccine?  I don't know and it really doesn't matter. The important thing is that it was tested and that it apparently works most of the time 

I can hardly wait to get my second shot, so that I can start planning my escape from rainy Seattle and my return home to much warmer and more friendly Lake Chapala.

• Sad 1

Pete,

don't make any unchangeable plans for a few days after your second injection. That second one is the one that can often cause a reaction that may last a few days. If there is a reaction it may be nearly unnoticeable (I slept for 24 hours) or it may come with high fever, headache, weakness and body aches. Everybody that I have talked to agrees that the reaction can be very uncomfortable but worth it.

• Like 2

Rec'd Pfizer in US; exact same experience as @Mostlylost

The only report from friends/family of a moderate reaction was from a friend currently undergoing chemo; he had aches and pains and some fatigue after his 2nd Moderna shot which he attributed to his compromised immune system.