Chapala.com Webboard

Mail service

I mailed a certified letter to the IRS  5 weeks ago from one of the mail services in aijjic i still cannot track the letter when I complained they say something about Laredo, I find it impossible to believe Laredo could be that incompetent and stay in business ! I'm wondering which Laredo they are talking about New Laredo ( mexico ) or Laredo tx. Sorry I'm pissed  and Venting

When you mail to U.S. (or Canada) with any of the services it goes via courier from here to Laredo, Texas. It is then put in ordinary U.S. post. So your problem is with U.S. Postal Service, and not the mail-from-here service. It can take 3-4 weeks to get to Canada.  Should have been a lot faster  within lower 48.  So by now......?????

If it was that important, you might have considered biting the bullet and paying to courier it...... aarrggghh!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, phil in mexico said:

I mailed a certified letter to the IRS  5 weeks ago from one of the mail services in aijjic i still cannot track the letter when I complained they say something about Laredo, I find it impossible to believe Laredo could be that incompetent and stay in business ! I'm wondering which Laredo they are talking about New Laredo ( mexico ) or Laredo tx. Sorry I'm pissed  and Venting

It would help to know what mail service you used. I have had nothing but great service with IShop for many years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He obviously used the Mexican Post. I sent one just like the OP and after the longest time was told that the address did not exist... The IRS, sure. Never heard another thing about that mailing.

Today I received a letter from the IRS and it was postmarked Feb. 1. Want to guess why they mailed me?

As the USA sinks into being a "third world" country the crappy postal service is but one indicator.  Legislation in recent years has hamstrung the operations in order for the union to be sure that pensions are prepaid into the future.  Add to that Dejoy's determined efforts to slow things down even more during the election and the effects Covid has had on staffing and it is almost unusable.  A first class stamp used to get something sent anywhere in the lower 48 in two or three days.  Now things just disappear or take even months to arrive.  The tipping point has been reached and I'm not sure it will ever be the same.  Alan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Originally it meant non-aligned with either first (USA and western allies) or the second (soviet union and allies) worlds but now implies a developing country in terms of socio- economic indicators. Those might include, but are not limited to, things like high mortality rates, especially infant mortality, due to war, diseases, violence, and lack of access to medical care.  Other indicators are high national debt and a dependence on other countries to maintain economic viability.  Could also include poor or failing infrastructure like power grid, postal service, clean water, public transportation, etc.  Also usually indicates extreme income inequality with those in power dedicated to keeping it that way.  Also normally means high rates of incarceration especially among those less economically fortunate.  High poverty rates in both urban and rural settings, a shrinking middle class,  and failing public education systems are normal indicators.  High rates of personal indebtedness and people living in nutritional deserts where food options are limited.  And a government in charge that shows little commitment to giving up power in order to help the masses in need.  I was talking mostly about the failing post office.  But the country is so divided right now that it seems, to me, to be sliding into 3rd world status in a variety of areas.  A tipping point, if you will.  Alan

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

He obviously used the Mexican Post. I sent one just like the OP and after the longest time was told that the address did not exist... The IRS, sure. Never heard another thing about that mailing.

Today I received a letter from the IRS and it was postmarked Feb. 1. Want to guess why they mailed me?

LOL. Probably the same one I received yesterday telling me that my $600 stimulus check was on it's way. I received the check March 1st, almost a month after it was sent.

Since my bank, Bancomer, won't accept a US treasury check, no matter the amount, I've been forced to mail the check to our credit union in the states. With the $1200 check I accidently sent it by regular mail, costing 69p, and it arrived in San Diego about a week later. The $600 check I sent through DHL, costing over 900p, and it arrived in 2 days. Both checks I used IShop.

18 hours ago, Natasha said:

iSHop for me too.... but still takes close to 3 weeks to / from Canada. Again..... I blame it on U.S. Post.

Same here. The US postal service is very slow.