Chapala.com Webboard

A Question for Hector

Hector, 

Those of us who were vaccinated on Tuesday on the malecon did not receive a receipt, or any proof that we received our first vaccination.  From what I am reading on chapala.com it sounds like we are the only ones who did not get a receipt. What happens now.  We are supposed to get a call about our second vaccination.  Do we just show up and hope they have our information?

I will see Hector today and ask him to check. Remember that an outside national organization was in charge. and they didn't tell the municipality the event was happening until late sunday night. 

Hector will have to find someone in "Save the Nation" to consult.

3 hours ago, Floradude said:

Hector, 

Those of us who were vaccinated on Tuesday on the malecon did not receive a receipt, or any proof that we received our first vaccination.  From what I am reading on chapala.com it sounds like we are the only ones who did not get a receipt. What happens now.  We are supposed to get a call about our second vaccination.  Do we just show up and hope they have our information?

Many in El Chante did not get proper receipts

1 minute ago, Floradude said:

But, the people in El Chante got something for their efforts.  I would just like to have a piece of paper proving I was there. 

But it was usually incomplete and confusing.

• Like 1

We had our shots Wednesday in Ajijic.  No receipt, just asked for our address and email.  Stated we would be contacted via email about 2nd dose.  Doubt that will happen.  Anyway, hopefully we will be instructed on what we need at that time.  Surely copy of our CURP on record should be enough.  But you never know.

Hector said that "Save the Nation" forgot to bring the computers tuesday and wednesday. So , they kept the receipts for entry and will distribute them during the second dose application. He says to relax there is no crisis.

There is no problem, just return to the same location where you received the first shot and they will have the record and paperwork there. It would be very hard to prove you DIDN´T get a shot since THEY didn´t provide you a receipt.  All the vaccines were Sinovac, so no mystery there and why would you want a second shot if you hadn´t received the first?

1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

All the vaccines were Sinovac, so no mystery there and why would you want a second shot if you hadn´t received the first?

Because you haven't been able to get the first one yet so this second round would be your first and you are desparate?  Otherwise, I dunno.

35 minutes ago, RickS said:

Because you haven't been able to get the first one yet so this second round would be your first and you are desparate?  Otherwise, I dunno.

• So you would get a single second shot as your first shot without any real hope of a second shot?  How many people will be doing that?  I suppose a few (head shaking).

Anybody that didn´t figure out how to get the first shot probably won´t do any better getting the second one......LOL

Most people will probably ? remember getting the first shot so just go there and tell them that you are there for your second shot, show them your paperwork and I´m sure you will get it.

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

I know there are many people who didn't get a shot at all last week, for their own reasons. I fully expect them to turn up at the next round. They might even try to line up at the next one that isn't for their age group.

And some of us don't mind waiting for Pfizer or J&J to be privately arranged through our doctors. Throughout this period I am quite satisfied with what we have determined to be safe behaviour for us and it's working ,proof being that I'm still here to tell the tale. No need for any advice and don't waste your fingers typing self righteous kvetching about my behaviour.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

What happened to the plan to register online with your phone # and email and you will be notified when and where? They even asked at the end of the registration about the best way to reach you! 

Another plan hits the dust, as usual. You need to watch your local TV news to find out when and where to go to get your vaccinations here in Mexico. That works.

8 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

Another plan hits the dust, as usual. You need to watch your local TV news to find out when and where to go to get your vaccinations here in Mexico. That works.

Thanks for that however I, and I am sure most expats here, have no idea how to even access local TV news here! Also I have not heard anything here or elsewhere about this plan hitting the dust! 

It didn't hit the dust because it never happened FOR ANYONE. 

I laughed out loud when they asked for phone numbers AGAIN on Sunday in Chapala. I told them I already filled out that info on MiVacuna... and wrote them out AGAIN on my registration form. I can also assure you that I will not receive a phone call or an e-mail. Ear to the ground works better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Thanks for that however I, and I am sure most expats here, have no idea how to even access local TV news here! Also I have not heard anything here or elsewhere about this plan hitting the dust! 

There are other options.  Go to Hector's FB page and/or the Chapala gobierno's FB page; buy local newspapers, either in Spanish or the GDL Reporter.