Chapala.com Webboard

Oklahoma Vaccinating Everyone!

As of Thursday, the Chickasaw and Cherokee Nations announced they were vaccinating everyone.  As long as you are 16 for the Pfizer vaccine and 18 for the Moderna.  The Chickasaws have 5 sites and the Cherokees 6 sites.  You have your choice of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.  My wife got her second shot of Pfizer at the Ada site today.  They had 9 lanes for cars and you never have to get out of your car.  Many of the lanes had no cars in them.  We had to wait 15 minutes after shot in case of reaction.  During this time they sent her a link on her phone to get a vaccine passport for the airlines.  So evidently they are starting to issue passports.  Oklahoma is a very red Trump state and it is estimated only 50% of the people will get the vaccine.  National news interviewed people in a small town in Oklahoma and of the 10 people interviewed only 1 was going to get vaccinated.  They asked the man why he was getting vaccinated and he said my wife made me.

• Thanks 1

"As of Thursday, the Chickasaw and Cherokee Nations announced they were vaccinating everyone. "

Can you provide a link to the source of this please? As of Tuesday, March 16, the Chickasaw Nation's news links are reporting that they are vaccinating only OK residents, and photo IDs are required to sign up. I hope you are correct.

https://www.chickasaw.net/News/Announcements/New-Chickasaw-Nation-Emergency-Operation-Facility-Allows-Vaccination-Efforts-to-Expand.aspx

Go to Chickasaw Covid shots on your internet.  There are several articles.  One article said Oklahoma but the next article entitled Chickasaw Nation opens up vaccines to everyone,  says there is no residency requirement.  This was the result of a KOCO TV interview.  The Cherokee Nation says the same thing.  There is no residency requirement.

2 hours ago, Mijo said:

Leave the Chinese vaccine for the Mexicans. 

Go back to your country to get your shot. 

Yep, let Mexican Citizens get them first. We need to wait, or return to where you your

citizenship  country is.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:08 AM, happyjillin said:

What does this have to do with us here? Absolutely NADA!

Not nothing. It's helpful information for people who don't want the vaccine that they are giving in Mexico.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/20/2021 at 10:22 AM, Mijo said:

Leave the Chinese vaccine for the Mexicans. 

Go back to your country to get your shot. 

Sure I am going to go to France to get a vaccine when I lhave lived in Mexico for 20 years and I am going to go there twice... why not?   The vaccines here are for anyone no need to go back  to God knows where to get a vaccine

16 minutes ago, bmh said:

Sure I am going to go to France to get a vaccine when I lhave lived in Mexico for 20 years and I am going to go there twice... why not?   The vaccines here are for anyone no need to go back  to God knows where to get a vaccine

If you can. Please read and understand.