Chapala.com Webboard

Amazing vaccine experience yesterday in Tonala at the University.

We heard from friends that they had gone to Tonala yesterday morning and had the vaccine within three hours. After finding out the site was open until 9:00 pm, we drove 45 minutes to the place. It is all drive-up in your car. We got in line at 6:41 and had the shot at 8:50. I never left my car. I believe we showed 3-4 documents...my wife had them all. They had 300 or so student volunteers and it was incredible how smoothly the process went. As you approached the spot to get the shot the students were actually walking along with your car asking and answering questions. After getting the shot we were directed to a holding area...still in our car for 30 minutes to see if anyone had a reaction. Whole thing, soup to nuts was about four hours including the drive over and back. We had snacks in the car and a cooler. Listened to music and my wife and her friend played cards. They gave us a proof of vaccine card and took our phone #s and email to contact us for the second injection. Oh yeah, it was the Pfizer vaccine.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wife had the documents. I think we had to show three, folio printout (on-line at vaccine web site) and immigration card. I know they asked for our address. Don't know if the wife had to show proof. There are one or two more, which have appeared in other posts about vaccines.

Best to have more than you need.

13 hours ago, elevator said:

We heard from friends that they had gone to Tonala yesterday morning and had the vaccine within three hours. After finding out the site was open until 9:00 pm, we drove 45 minutes to the place. It is all drive-up in your car. We got in line at 6:41 and had the shot at 8:50. I never left my car. I believe we showed 3-4 documents...my wife had them all. They had 300 or so student volunteers and it was incredible how smoothly the process went. As you approached the spot to get the shot the students were actually walking along with your car asking and answering questions. After getting the shot we were directed to a holding area...still in our car for 30 minutes to see if anyone had a reaction. Whole thing, soup to nuts was about four hours including the drive over and back. We had snacks in the car and a cooler. Listened to music and my wife and her friend played cards. They gave us a proof of vaccine card and took our phone #s and email to contact us for the second injection. Oh yeah, it was the Pfizer vaccine.

Very civilized compared to El Chant vaccination site.

Consistent  inconsistencies the MX experience. Why the most vulnerable member's of our society  should have to wait hours and hours is deplorable . But wait you have a couple of folks on Facebook  saying how wonderful of the authorise to hand out water, oranges etc..really  Why not stagger the appointment  time and limit  the wait time, and save the expense of the fruits and water. I bet a significant  number  of these seniors will die shortly not because  of the COVID but the wait time! 

Having the vaccine  is just part of this exercise,  how you administer the jab efficiency takes a lot Moore planing.

Why the MX government did not sent a bunch of milatory people to the USA to observe what did work and did not work is a no brainer  

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Consistent  inconsistencies the MX experience. Why the most vulnerable member's of our society  should have to wait hours and hours is deplorable . But wait you have a couple of folks on Facebook  saying how wonderful of the authorise to hand out water, oranges etc..really  Why not stagger the appointment  time and limit  the wait time, and save the expense of the fruits and water. I bet a significant  number  of these seniors will die shortly not because  of the COVID but the wait time! 

Having the vaccine  is just part of this exercise,  how you administer the jab efficiency takes a lot Moore planing.

Why the MX government did not sent a bunch of milatory people to the USA to observe what did work and did not work is a no brainer  

For over 2 years Mexico has endured the actions of the worst federal government in 20 years and you wonder why many things now are the way they were in Mexico 20 to 30 years ago? I don't wonder why at all  because it is becoming increasingly easy to see why.

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Ha. Have you people not been watching the US news over the last year? First the whole thing was atrociously handled for 10 months. Now they are still trying to catch up with proper procedure. To say Mexico should learn from that half-assed approach is so typically expat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

You are very, very lucky to get the Pfizer vaccine.  I fear all the people getting the Sinaloa vaccine will one day have to redo it.

I'm afraid you may be right!

Covid: EU plans rollout of travel certificate before summer

The vaccines should be approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). These currently include drugs developed by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Oxford-AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson, but not Russia's Sputnik V or China's Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Ha. Have you people not been watching the US news over the last year? First the whole thing was atrociously handled for 10 months. Now they are still trying to catch up with proper procedure. To say Mexico should learn from that half-assed approach is so typically expat.

How sad how very sad, let's kill the messenger regardless of the substance of the message.

Please re read  my first para :"what did work and did not work"

The government  can not work  alone and needs the support of  NGO  and other volunteers .Good communication is essential 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

How sad how very sad, let's kill the messenger regardless of the substance of the message.

The government  can not work  alone and needs the support of  NGO  and other volunteers .Good communication is essential 

Just a slight over-reaction there.

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Seeing as how you are constantly kvetching about how things are in Mexico, this is just more of the same. 

Perhaps you think the Mexicans should get advice from Florida on how to only make vaccines available to areas that voted for your political party?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Seeing as how you are constantly kvetching about how things are in Mexico, this is just more of the same. If you think things were so much better where you came from, I don't understand why you'd want to live here.

Maybe because I am thinking like many of my Mexican friends  from a similar  social economic background, and not only your maid or Gardiner.

Mexicans who love  Mexico but despair at the continued lies,stealing and cheating government's these past 40-50 years 

Quite  frankly  my dear I don't understand why you are happy with the  status quo! 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe because I am thinking like many of my Mexican friends  from a similar  social economic background, and not only your maid or Gardiner.

Mexicans who love  Mexico but despair at the continued lies,stealing and cheating government's these past 40-50 years 

Quite  frankly  my dear I don't understand why you are happy with the  status quo! 

Your insinuation that the only Mexicans I associate with are my maid and gardener ( I have neither) and that I don't have Mexican friends of my socio-economic class, therefore know nothing about the changes Mexicans would also like, is ignorantly presumptuous.

Just because someone doesn't find complaining about the state of things on a web forum to be a productive activity doesn't mean they accept the status quo and don't work for change.

• Like 6

There are some here who make unfounded statements, then have to defend them when called out, then cannot back out in any way and so begin the personal attacks.

Those of us who got our vaccines in Chapala yesterday and today were happy to praise the whole thing, based on actual experience, and were not happy to have that experience denigrated with unfounded comments... comments that bypassed the experience completely in order to dump on Mexican methods as a whole.

Another thread about being happy in Mexico stomped into the ground.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

The last 40-50 years LOL

It was gradually getting better as far as efficiency, nice highways, government agencies were easier and faster to navagate through to get things done and then 2 1/2 years ago it degenerated back into an underfunded, under experienced, massive public waste of resources never seen before, incompetent government mess and will take 20 years to get back to the place it was heading. 

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

There are some here who make unfounded statements, then have to defend them when called out, then cannot back out in any way and so begin the personal attacks.

Those of us who got our vaccines in Chapala yesterday and today were happy to praise the whole thing, based on actual experience, and were not happy to have that experience denigrated with unfounded comments... comments that bypassed the experience completely in order to dump on Mexican methods as a whole.

Another thread about being happy in Mexico stomped into the ground.

It´s the same couple of chronic complainers that show up everywhere they can, to complain. Must be a real joy to be around and hear the never ending whining about the Mexican government and how things are done here.  Of course, I realize they have been sentenced and have to serve their sentence here. AlanMexicali just can´t abide by anything AMLO does,even if he does it right. The other one should be President of Mexico, because has the answers for all the problems, but isn´t Mexican enough to be El Presidente, very sad for a struggling nation to be deprived of all that expertise.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, MtnMama said:

From what I have been reading, vaccination NOB varies wildly by state. The Feds have issued guidelines but each state is still different. No longer doing general cattle calls but many appointment and vaccine protocalls are broken.

Ours could not have gone any smoother or quicker NOB. Extremely prepared and professional. January, in Texas.