Chapala.com Webboard

Soc Sec deposit to MX bank

Mijo

40 minutes ago, 757 said:

SS deposit is on the 3rd at Bancomer.

I think it must vary slightly from account to account then. Mine is always deposited on the 4th depending on what day of the week the 4th falls on. Like next month it will be deposited on the 2nd because the 4th is on Sunday. I also bank at Bancomer.

• 7 months later...

This is strange.... hearing that SS check are being deposited "on the 3rd or 4th", because......

Social Security checks are deposited on the second, third, or fourth Wednesday of each month, depending on your day of birth. The Social Security check schedule works as follows: If you were born on the: 1st–10th of the month, expect your Social Security check to be deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month; 11-20th on the 3rd Wednesday and 21-31 on the 4th Wednesday.  Since my B-Day is the 22nd, mine is deposited on the 4th Wednesday of every month. Has been for 20 years. Never any other 'day'.

7 hours ago, RickS said:

This is strange.... hearing that SS check are being deposited "on the 3rd or 4th", because......

Social Security checks are deposited on the second, third, or fourth Wednesday of each month, depending on your day of birth. The Social Security check schedule works as follows: If you were born on the: 1st–10th of the month, expect your Social Security check to be deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month; 11-20th on the 3rd Wednesday and 21-31 on the 4th Wednesday.  Since my B-Day is the 22nd, mine is deposited on the 4th Wednesday of every month. Has been for 20 years. Never any other 'day'.

When I first started getting my SS check it arrived on the 4th Wed. also. As soon as I changed banks to one here in Mexico it's been arriving on the 4th day.

12 hours ago, RickS said:

If the SS administration shows you as living outside of the US that schedule does not apply. Payments are deposited on the 3rd of the month for legal US residents living abroad.  If the 3rd falls on a weekend or US holiday the funds are deposited before.  Some banks might not show the funds available the same day. 

Having your funds deposited in a foreign bank notifies the SS administration you are living abroad. 

• Thanks 2

On 11/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, RickS said:

If you tell SS ypu live outside of the US, your check is deposited on the 3rd. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 1:51 PM, Mijo said:

Hi

I'm thinking of opening a Mexican bank account and have my Social Security check electronically deposited. Does anyone know if it takes extra time? US bank is by the 3rd of each month. TIA

Deposit it in your US bank and transfer money to a MX bank using Xoom, XE and others. You will get a good exchange rate and the transfer is usually within hours without a charge. I use my Chase bank and it charges $5 USD. That way you have money in Mexico but your check is safe in your US bank.

• Like 2