Chapala.com Webboard

Recreational marijuana one step closer to legalization

suegarn

Yet again, there is always the unforseeable last minute twist in Mexico. For months they have been saying that you can grow some plants strictly for your own consumption. Now they are saying you need a license to even consume cannabis, another license to grow anything, then of course licenses to sell, or research. Quite frankly, it has turned into a s### show, a massive tax grab, with revenues going who knows where. It will turn out like Canada, where there are now more black market sales than licensed sales. Once again, greedy politicians versus Mother Nature's gifts.

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Yet again, there is always the unforseeable last minute twist in Mexico. For months they have been saying that you can grow some plants strictly for your own consumption. Now they are saying you need a license to even consume cannabis, another license to grow anything, then of course licenses to sell, or research. Quite frankly, it has turned into a s### show, a massive tax grab, with revenues going who knows where. It will turn out like Canada, where there are now more black market sales than licensed sales. Once again, greedy politicians versus Mother Nature's gifts.

In case you haven't noticed...legalizing MJ is ALWAYS  done for a tax grab, there is no other reason to do so.

Prisons and jails overcrowded with minorities being busted for a joint or two, for something that has been proven medically effective, is not addictive, and causes no harm to others. Those are just a few reasons I can see. Overcrowding led to private companies running prisons, leading to intolerable conditions and billions in wasted tax money. Exactly the reason the new administration is trying to reverse that.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, AndyPanda said:

Prisons and jails overcrowded with minorities being busted for a joint or two, for something that has been proven medically effective, is not addictive, and causes no harm to others. Those are just a few reasons I can see. Overcrowding led to private companies running prisons, leading to intolerable conditions and billions in wasted tax money. Exactly the reason the new administration is trying to reverse that.

The topic here is legalization in Mexico.  As far as NOB there has been major movement towards decriminalization well before this year.  As noted though, the politicians see it as a cash cow making much of the so called legalization rather laughable.

In any place it does no good to pile a bunch of taxes and regulations on it as the black market will simply end run around all of it.  So if they are going down that road in Mexico too nothing much will change except the cops can still shake down the "illicit" growers and sellers a bit as they do now.

• Like 1

Yes, the topic here is legalization in Mexico. The same reasoning is a major part of the legalization, and AMLO has come out publicly this year against privatization in disarray which is rampant. So my comments stand. Minorities, I'll grant you, is probably not part of the equation.

My point being that CASH is not the only reason. And your commenta about legalization being laughable are questionable. I don't see it your way at all.

2 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Yes, the topic here is legalization in Mexico. The same reasoning is a major part of the legalization, and AMLO has come out publicly this year against privatization in disarray which is rampant. So my comments stand. Minorities, I'll grant you, is probably not part of the equation.

My point being that CASH is not the only reason. And your commenta about legalization being laughable are questionable. I don't see it your way at all.

You missed my point which is the same one you made, that government greed and overreach have made legalization laughable for the most part.  The existing "illegal" distribution network is very well established and very ready to take advantage of excessive "legal" prices caused by said government.

I think we see that part the same way if I understand what you posted.

7 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

The topic here is legalization in Mexico.  As far as NOB there has been major movement towards decriminalization well before this year.  As noted though, the politicians see it as a cash cow making much of the so called legalization rather laughable.

In any place it does no good to pile a bunch of taxes and regulations on it as the black market will simply end run around all of it.  So if they are going down that road in Mexico too nothing much will change except the cops can still shake down the "illicit" growers and sellers a bit as they do now.

Who were these "politicians" before they were elected?  You speak as though they are imported from some distant planet.  And how do they manage to do so well in getting elected in a democracy of native citizens?  Are superior intellectual people incapable of being politicians or getting elected?

• Haha 1

Millet is so small that it is shocking that it is incorporated. The last time I checked the population had gotten even smaller than 1,900. It was just over 1000 persons. Apparently many of the inhabitants go south for the winter, which lasts longer than 6 months, that far up North.

They say that 90% to 95% of all Canadians live within 100 miles of the US Canadian border. Millet is so far north that one is more than 330 to 400 miles north of the border. Apparently less than 1% of all Canadians live  farther North than Millet or Edmonchuck AKA Edmonton, Alberta. At least that is what my Calgary relatives told me.

9 hours ago, johanson said:

Millet is so small that it is shocking that it is incorporated. The last time I checked the population had gotten even smaller than 1,900. It was just over 1000 persons. Apparently many of the inhabitants go south for the winter, which lasts longer than 6 months, that far up North.

They say that 90% to 95% of all Canadians live within 100 miles of the US Canadian border. Millet is so far north that one is more than 330 to 400 miles north of the border. Apparently less than 1% of all Canadians live  farther North than Millet or Edmonchuck AKA Edmonton, Alberta. At least that is what my Calgary relatives told me.

It is quite apparent that you really don't have relatives in Calgary nor a cottage in BC. You also know nothing of Millet,Alberta who's population increases every year, or any place else that you claim to know about in Canada. You can't blame covid for your silly posts because you have been BSing like that for years.  You are truly amusing and really shouldn't post when you've had a lot of your rum and cokes.Do you get those delivered to your condom in Seattle?-SNORK!

• Sad 2

Like a lot of farm towns, Millet is now shrinking in size.

"In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Millet recorded a population of 1,945 living in 822 of its 866 total private dwellings, a -7% change from its 2011 population of 2,092. With a land area of 3.72 km2 (1.44 sq mi), it had a population density of 522.8/km2 (1,354.2/sq mi) in 2016.[3]"

2 hours ago, Whipstock said:

Like a lot of farm towns, Millet is now shrinking in size.

"In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Millet recorded a population of 1,945 living in 822 of its 866 total private dwellings, a -7% change from its 2011 population of 2,092. With a land area of 3.72 km2 (1.44 sq mi), it had a population density of 522.8/km2 (1,354.2/sq mi) in 2016.[3]"

Millet is no longer just a "farm town" but has been a bedroom community for many years and it's population is 2188 as of 2019. You people are a joke with your lack of knowledge other than googling old stats. I  lived there for many years and was also a town councillor as per foto I posted. So continue wasting your time. and actually showing your lack of ability to do any kind of research. Do you drink rum and cokes with Johanson. If i was interested in pursuing this further, I merely have to phone the people I know there and by the way the foto shows new single family housing built after we left in 2006 Carry on-DOUBLE SNORK and a HEEHAW!

millet alberta foto.jpg

16 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Who were these "politicians" before they were elected?  You speak as though they are imported from some distant planet.  And how do they manage to do so well in getting elected in a democracy of native citizens?  Are superior intellectual people incapable of being politicians or getting elected?

Do you have my post confused with someone else?  The elected Mexican legislature, both houses, is currently working on Marijuana legalization.  They are the politicians being reported on in the press.

The story is reported on in this week's GDL Reporter and also several times in El Informador.  The criticisms the bill is too bureaucratic and restrictive is coming from Mexicans.  I suggest you get up to speed on the story and skip ranting about something that isn't in my post at all.

12 minutes ago, johanson said:

You are too funny, Happyjillin. Thanks for the kind words.

Is it true that Millet only just got internet? Is it really just dialup? 

Looking forward to reading your next post :) 

(Sorry, Suegarn et al, for the thread hijack)

Yes,...He can be entertaining, I can hardly wait.

download.gif