Chapala.com Webboard

How do I add my RFC number to my CFE bill?

6 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Never had my RFC attached  Is there some special reason?

It seems to be a requirement when selling a house in Mexico.  Realtors keep asking for a recent CFE and Telmex bill with a RFC number referenced.  Telmex was easy, just logon to your account and add it yourself.  Had to go into CFE in Chapala today and have it added to their bill but it was very easy and only took a few minutes!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2021 at 3:06 PM, Cincy said:

It seems to be a requirement when selling a house in Mexico.  Realtors keep asking for a recent CFE and Telmex bill with a RFC number referenced.  Telmex was easy, just logon to your account and add it yourself.  Had to go into CFE in Chapala today and have it added to their bill but it was very easy and only took a few minutes!

What documents did they require at CFE?

TIA

When selling a house you need to prove the utilities have been paid so you need to get a constancia from CFE and SIMAPA , not sure if you need a RFC for that but you sure will need a correct RFC and constancia de situación fiscal to sell the house so just as well start with that. That is what the notario told me to do.

Well, I just bought a new car last Tuesday and gave them my CFE bill which doesn't have my RFC on it yet. However, I also gave them my RFC print out but they didn't use it. I pointed out that my RFC wasn't on the factura and they didn't seem to care. Such is life in Mexico. Bought the car at a large dealership called Camarena Automotriz Occidente in Guadalajara. 

• Like 1