Chapala.com Webboard

Weekly Chapala Covid Cases Thru March 4th

Weekly cases between July 2nd and March 4th in Chapala. Data from Official Jalisco Government site,  https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/

Date             Cases       New Weekly Cases

July 2nd         33            -

July 9th          36             3

July  16th       37              1

July  23rd       41             4

July 30th        43             2

Aug. 6th          52             9

Aug. 13th        61              9

Aug. 20th        74            13

Aug. 27th         87           13

Sept. 3rd          94            7

Sept. 10th        98            4

Sept. 17th       112           14

Sept. 24th      123           11

Oct. 1st           133           10

Oct. 8th          148           15

Oct. 15th        157             9

Oct. 22nd       171           14

Oct. 29th        188           17

Nov. 5th          212          24

Nov. 12th        223          11

Nov. 19th        241           18

Nov. 26th        261          20  

Dec. 3rd          276          15    

Dec. 10th        291           15

Dec. 17th        313           22

Dec. 24th        323          10

Dec. 31st         331            8

Jan. 7th           349          18

Jan. 14th         375          26

Jan.  21st        404          29

Jan. 28th        430          26

Feb. 4th          440          10  

Feb. 11th         441            1

Feb. 18th        450            9

Feb. 25th       458            8

Mar. 4th          466              8

Actually, what is meaningful at this time is not the total # of cases, but the number of active cases currently, and the # of new cases daily/weekly. Those 2 stats will tell us where we are; the other just tells us where we have been.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Mind? It's cool you did that. Not so cool to see the steady rise, though.

Even 1 new case will make the total continue to rise. That total does not tell us where we are currently and what the current situation is doing. So, the total is of little use for our current situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Federal secretary of health 

A Chapala 3-5.JPG

So, this info is for what time period? Maybe you can explain it, as I have trouble. Confirmed-233 + 34 more they believe have it. 45 have died, of this 233+34 ???  Also, there are 148 recovering (of the 233+34 ???), but not out of the woods yet. Active=3 ??? I guess that may mean they can still pass the virus at this time. Notice that over 1/3 are in the hospital and of those, 2/3  are on ventilators, where a very high % die in Mexico. Be interesting to know if this is for the past week, etc.

14 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

Even 1 new case will make the total continue to rise. That total does not tell us where we are currently and what the current situation is doing. So, the total is of little use for our current situation.

The graph shows you exactly that. You can see more or less how many total cases there are on a daily basis just by comparing the height of the graph bar from one day to the next.

2 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

So, this info is for what time period? Maybe you can explain it, as I have trouble. Confirmed-233 + 34 more they believe have it. 45 have died, of this 233+34 ???  Also, there are 148 recovering (of the 233+34 ???), but not out of the woods yet. Active=3 ??? I guess that may mean they can still pass the virus at this time. Notice that over 1/3 are in the hospital and of those, 2/3  are on ventilators, where a very high % die in Mexico. Be interesting to know if this is for the past week, etc.

233 confirmed cases since the biginning,34 waiting for test results (normally apx 50% test positive) 45 deaths from the disease, 148 have confirmed recovered, 3 active cases. 33.91% were hospitalized, 66.09% stayed home. There is no statistic posted of the number on ventilators.

I update this every day. It is pinned at the top of this thread 

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/88232-official-federal-covid-19-stats-chapala-jocotepec-ixtlahuacán/page/10/#comments

35 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

233 confirmed cases since the biginning,34 waiting for test results (normally apx 50% test positive) 45 deaths from the disease, 148 have confirmed recovered, 3 active cases. 33.91% were hospitalized, 66.09% stayed home. There is no statistic posted of the number on ventilators.

I update this every day. It is pinned at the top of this thread 

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/88232-official-federal-covid-19-stats-chapala-jocotepec-ixtlahuacán/page/10/#comments

So, how many have the CCP virus right now here, in hospital and at home.?

There is a lot to be desired in the above graph. The death rate could be different in Chapala versus the state of Jalisco. For the recovered number I am just assuming that if the sick individual didn't die then they recovered. The most recent cases are assuming the overall trajectory of the stats.

Overall for Covid I don't believe we will ever have accurate statistics just generalities but I guess that is better than nothing.

Cases cases cases with a 98 percent recovery rate. And the CDC says this is the first year in 130 years of record keeping that the normal flu is almost nonexistent. 
 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9206071/Flu-wiped-lowest-level-130-YEARS-seasonal-virus-plummets-95.html

Sounds a little too convenient to me, but that’s just me.

• Thanks 1

Youngtimer, if you want to play with more graphs, I've been posting daily under "More on the Virus" in the Medical/Dental section of the InsideLakeside forum. I post Nacional, Jalisco, Chapala, Jocotepec, Ixtlahuacan, Tuxcueca and Tizapan. I always use the word "supposed". You can multiply them by any factor you choose but the purpose of the official government stats is to distinguish trends. Nothing more and nothing less.

32 minutes ago, pdqpc said:

Sounds a little too convenient to me, but that’s just me.

Too funny. If you wear a mask, you can't get the flu either. Likewise, if you wear a mask and you have the flu, you are unlikely to spread your flu to others. So simple it's an absolute marvel and Asians have been doing it for YEARS. So nice to have considerate people in the world.

• Like 1