Chapala.com Webboard

4 red lights in a row

Thoughtless and ludicrous. I can't see any way the municipal government can score points on this one for funding from the state or federal level.

As posted elsewhere, the easy solution is to prevent cars from leaving WalMart at the eastern end... from turning west. use either of the other two exits. As far as exiting from Steren or the back parking lot of that mall, there is always enough of a break after a minute to do it safely. And if not, go into the parking lot and get onto the libramiento toward the lights. An extra 45 seconds.

20 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

Libramiento. Coca Cola plant. New one in front of Steren. Paninos. Traffic encountering 4 red lights in about 3 blocks. ???

Poor planning

There are now three lights at the intersection in front of Autozone when you head east instead of one and still no light when exiting Walmart to head up the libramiento or turn west.  The light at the east exit appears to be so you can exit there to turn west.  ????? Alan

2 minutes ago, barrbower said:

There are now three lights at the intersection in front of Autozone when you head east instead of one and still no light when exiting Walmart to head up the libramiento or turn west.  The light at the east exit appears to be so you can exit there to turn west.  ????? Alan

The usual clueless stupidity.-SNORK! But somebody's cousin is making money-eh!

10 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

What can the citizens do??   What all Mexican citizens do  chill.  The joke in Mexico is that traffic engineers aren't paid enough to own a car. 

About 10 years ago I asked one of my brother-in-laws who is a municipal civil engineer for Queretaro, and has been forever, why, for decades, all the traffic lights on one of the huge main boulavards in Mexicali were not syncronized so I had to stop all the way at almost every light for 10 or more klms. and then one day they were syncronized and I could go 60 km. per hour all the way down and back with green lights with light traffic without stopping. I asked didn't those lights have the capacity to be syncronized 20 or 30 years ago? He said of course they did. I asked why didn't they? He said: "Why  bother."

3 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

Everybody wanted lights now they do not want it. How much time will it take to go thru these lights.  My goodness in reality not much.  Stay home if it bothers you so much.    A couple of minutes should not affect you do much.

You must not drive through there much.  :D 

8 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

Everybody wanted lights now they do not want it. How much time will it take to go thru these lights.  My goodness in reality not much.  Stay home if it bothers you so much.    A couple of minutes should not affect you do much.

It sure does when your job involves travelling that route multiple times every day. It sure does when it adds to the cost, and waste of gasoline. It sure does when it adds significantly to the already-polluted air. I won't even attempt to calculate what it adds to the stress of everyday living.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

Improving the flow of traffic also improves safety for other drivers and pedestrians.  When drivers become impatient, that’s when accidents happen.  We’ve all see the proof of that on a Sunday evening when throngs of folks are sitting at that intersection heading back to Guad.  

Proceed with great caution in that area until people can adjust to the new set up.  Exits and entrances have changed and there’s some one ways now that are new.  Safe travels.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bmh said:

Go through the vllage, that will get gridlock eventually as well  but that is the way it is.

Oh please..... NO NO NO NO NO      Ramón Corona (the street you use for that ) is already congested and busy as is  a 2-way, but one parking lane means there's  not enough room for cars to pass without  trying to find an empty space so those coming from opposite direction can get thru'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What's unclear to me is why the  'traffic engineers' didn't just ask the local Ex-Pats how they should set up the signal lights. There are seemingly plenty of experts here on this Board alone.... many with good if not conflicting ideas.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3