Chapala.com Webboard

No yelled bill last month

13 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Looks like a lot of work when all you have to do is go to an OXXO with an old bill they scan the bar code and you pay for your present charge.

Looks like more work to go to Oxxo and pay cash.  Takes me less than 2 minutes to do it online. Also for those that care it is the "green" way to do it

Well do it whatever way works for you. I don't have a Mexican bank account and will not give either Telmex or Telcel my Canadian credit card. Actually, I'm not even sure that they would accept a Canadian credit card. Takes me a total of 2 minutes to get a printed receipt and Oxxo is just up the street.

32 minutes ago, BeanRoy said:

Agreed. If there was only one good way to do it, there would only be one way to do it. I use cash for everything here

Cash absolutely for things like this and all the everyday and service things too. We only use cards for hospital and things like Amazon, Vonage, Shaw and vid subscriptions.

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

What is the message you receive when attempting to log in? 

These people don't know their passwords so I have no choice but to pay at Telmex-no big deal.

9 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

There is a "I forgot my password" option. Follow instructions & they will email a reset to the registered email.

That would not work with these people.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Ferret said:

Well do it whatever way works for you. I don't have a Mexican bank account and will not give either Telmex or Telcel my Canadian credit card. Actually, I'm not even sure that they would accept a Canadian credit card. Takes me a total of 2 minutes to get a printed receipt and Oxxo is just up the street.

I prepay my TelMex bills for a year using my US credit card.  

Just did that recently.  Normally I'd go inside, but this time the TelMex worker had me walk up the drive-thru lane (it is closed to vehicles) and a worker at that window handled it.  You have to bring a picture ID to use a cc there.  

Never an issue with this, they use a chip reader and don't keep the cc info on file.  Credit is immediate and tracks nicely at their website.  The do not send bills if you have a credit balance.  I print monthly from their website.

Once a year and forget about it.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

There is a "I forgot my password" option. Follow instructions & they will email a reset to the registered email.

I could do that and then phone the person up and tell him to try with the new password-that could be a challenge for him.