Chapala.com Webboard

No yelled bill last month

Nope. This occasionally happens... the wind blew it away, the dog ate it, the guy delivered it to the wrong house, didn't deliver it at all or it or haven't gotten around to delivering it. No matter, you know when it's due and can pay without a bill at the Telmex office by just giving them your telephone number. It is far easier to sign up for MiTelmex and print off your own bill. You can then pay it at many more locations than the Telmex office. Same for MiTelcel if you have a contract.

• Like 1

TelMex and CFE bills are delivered randomly, I presume depending on who is in charge of that part of the operation and what their budget is. CFE is delivered by hand; TelMex is delivered by mail. You can go years not getting either, then suddenly get one or both, while your next door neighbour gets the opposite.

Everyone is expected to know their payment due dates, and not making a payment because of no bill is not accepted.

• Like 3

Phil, we don't get bills every month, haven't for many, many years.  Where they go... nobody knows.    FYI - like happyjillin, same thing happens every other month with CFE bills.  Sometimes we get them, but most of the time, we don't.   Remember, we live where you live!

With the mail now centralized in Chapala I have seen the postman's moto looking like a hippo waddling down the road they are so loaded.  We used to get mail delivery at least once a week, now maybe once every two weeks. I know when the phone is due so I just go online and pay before the due date. Bill usually shows up within a week or so. 

Same guy has been delivering the CFE bills here for the last 4 years so he knows to put it in the mailbox; I also know when he delivers (between dates) so I'm always on the lookout at that time.

I'm confused. I keep an eye on two Telmex accounts. We rarely get paper bills. Are they normally all due on a certain date?  The link that ferret posted does not help me.

22 hours ago, cedros said:

I'm confused. I keep an eye on two Telmex accounts. We rarely get paper bills. Are they normally all due on a certain date?  The link that ferret posted does not help me.

That site won't let me log in.

I used to pay the telmex bill that was dropped on my lawn at OXXO. Much easier than standing in line in Telmex. Then the bill stopped coming.

Then, because of the pandemic,Telmex began encouraging online bill payment. I tried it. It worked beautifully--until it didn't.

So two months ago I went to Telmex to see if I could pay my current bill but a guard stopped me. I was directed to a machine just a few yards down the road.  It took a few minutes to figure  how it worked. My total due showed on screen, I shoved two 200s into a slot and got back 11 pesos in change and a receipt. I was about to do the same this month.

Then yesterday I got an email in Spanish from Telmex that said: "Your direct debit payment was not made successfully" and they invited me to do something about thos bill "so that you continue to enjoy your benefits." They had my correct land line number, but not a word was said about what's  due and for which month.  I'm assuming they are referring to one of my on line payments.

Just one more time-consuming stupid thing taking up a lot of time. But I don't want my service to get cut off.

I will pay my current bill with that machine.

Does anyone know if the Telmexoffice is open these days so I can talk to someone in English about the bill they say is due?

Lexy

18 minutes ago, Lexy said:

I used to pay the telmex bill that was dropped on my lawn at OXXO. Much easier than standing in line in Telmex. Then the bill stopped coming.

Then, because of the pandemic,Telmex began encouraging online bill payment. I tried it. It worked beautifully--until it didn't.

So two months ago I went to Telmex to see if I could pay my current bill but a guard stopped me. I was directed to a machine just a few yards down the road.  It took a few minutes to figure  how it worked. My total due showed on screen, I shoved two 200s into a slot and got back 11 pesos in change and a receipt. I was about to do the same this month.

Then yesterday I got an email in Spanish from Telmex that said: "Your direct debit payment was not made successfully" and they invited me to do something about thos bill "so that you continue to enjoy your benefits." They had my correct land line number, but not a word was said about what's  due and for which month.  I'm assuming they are referring to one of my on line payments.

Just one more time-consuming stupid thing taking up a lot of time. But I don't want my service to get cut off.

Does anyone know if the Telmexoffice is open these days so I can talk to someone in English about the bill they say is due?

Lexy

Make sure you save the receipt from that machine.

30 minutes ago, Lexy said:

Lexy

Are you unable to log in to your account on mitelmex.com ??  or are you unable to pay the balance owed when you are logged in ?

The email would be for a "domiciled" credit or debit card that they bill monthly.  Guessing you did do that as a payment option. 

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Are you unable to log in to your account on mitelmex.com ??  or are you unable to pay the balance owed when you are logged in ?

The email would be for a "domiciled" credit or debit card that they bill monthly.  Guessing you did do that as a payment option. 

Hi--Yes, I'm able to log on to my telmex account which shows the current bill due to be paid. Payment is due before the 9th and that will be done. It doesn't say anything about an unsuccessful direct debit payment that the Telmex email is about.

My concern is losing my internet service because they are in some kind of muddle.

Lexy

Sounds like phishing to me. Be careful in doing what they ask and I would just delete it.

The main page of Telmex.com, after you've logged in correctly, does show you what is owed.

Now, look to your left and you will see the category "Recibo Telmex" , click on the down arrow and choices will unfold. Click on "Descarga tu Recibo" and another page will come up.

You want the PDF and then choose the month that you're paying for and click "descargar". You will then have a choice to open it with your browser or save it. I just open it with my browser and then print it. Don't choose "save" unless you know where it is going to go for sure.

Take your printed bill to any Oxxo and they will scan the bar code, you then pay the bill (add 12 peso charge for doing it) and get a receipt which they will staple to your printed copy.

Edited to add: next to the print icon on the bill (upper right) that you've opened with your browser, there is a "save" option. But, with this save option, you can pick where you want to save it and you can name it what you want such as Feb. 2021. If you make a file folder on your desktop labelled "Telmex Bills" then you can save/send it there.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Sounds like phishing to me. Be careful in doing what they ask and I would just delete it.

The main page of Telmex.com, after you've logged in correctly, does show you what is owed.

Now, look to your left and you will see the category "Recibo Telmex" , click on the down arrow and choices will unfold. Click on "Descarga tu Recibo" and another page will come up.

You want the PDF and then choose the month that you're paying for and click "descargar". You will then have a choice to open it with your browser or save it. I just open it with my browser and then print it. Don't choose "save" unless you know where it is going to go for sure.

Take your printed bill to any Oxxo and they will scan the bar code, you then pay the bill (add 12 peso charge for doing it) and get a receipt which they will staple to your printed copy.

Edited to add: next to the print icon on the bill (upper right) that you've opened with your browser, there is a "save" option. But, with this save option, you can pick where you want to save it and you can name it what you want such as Feb. 2021. If you make a file folder on your desktop labelled "Telmex Bills" then you can save/send it there.

Looks like a lot of work when all you have to do is go to an OXXO with an old bill they scan the bar code and you pay for your present charge.

• Thanks 1

I didn't know you could do that. But, and I've asked this before, it always used to be that you had to keep your old CFE and Telmex bills to present when selling your home to prove that you actually lived there for capital gains purposes. Now that everything is computerized, is that really necessary? I would love to ditch all my stashed bills.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

I am unable to log in to two accounts. These aren't my accounts-I am trying to help neighbours.