Chapala.com Webboard

stairchareglyders

16 hours ago, Ferret said:

I doubt you will find one locally. This is the company in Guadalajara that usually does the installations lakeside... https://www.movilidadsinlimites.com/index.php

It is the only one as I have mentioned before. I have had the outdoor version installed for me at a cost of $10,000 CDN mas o menos. I wouldn't be able to get to our 2nd floor without it.

electric stair chair salvaescaleras_Elan_riel_recto.jpg

On 3/4/2021 at 8:37 AM, happyjillin said:

Ferret posted them for you. I was going to invite you to see my setup but not after you not bothering to read the contact #'s that were already posted.

beunos seurte

The Dude is 92 and perhaps not as tech savvy as yourself.   It was a nice offer you made and it may be helpful for him to see it for himself.  

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

The Dude is 92 and perhaps not as tech savvy as yourself.   It was a nice offer you made and it may be helpful for him to see it for himself.  

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put your cursor on a link no matter what age one is.  You are too nice ferret-jaja!

• Sad 1

I notice that it has a seat belt, is an air bag an option ? Just kidding, I had a stair lift installed for my mom when we still lived in Canada, it cost C$ 15,000.00 and covered 1 and a half level. My stupid siblings thought it would have been better to move her to a one level home after some 20 years (and no they did not chip in).

• Like 1

I always wanted a two story house after growing up in apartments. Somehow the idea of going "upstairs" to bed appealed to me. That ended when my hubby was 50 and had his first hip replacement. I was 39. I believe in aging in place with dignity and we never bought a two storey house again. At the very least, buy a two storey that has a master suite with a full bathroom (zero entry shower) on the main floor. Stairs (inside and out) are a bitch as you get older. YMMV.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

I always wanted a two story house after growing up in apartments. Somehow the idea of going "upstairs" to bed appealed to me. That ended when my hubby was 50 and had his first hip replacement. I was 39. I believe in aging in place with dignity and we never bought a two storey house again. At the very least, buy a two storey that has a master suite with a full bathroom (zero entry shower) on the main floor. Stairs (inside and out) are a bitch as you get older. YMMV.

I have very little time left and this chair is one of the things that allows me to age in that time with "dignity" in our 2 story casa. It and my fiat 500 are my RIDES until I get my trike built.

electric stair chair.jpg

• Like 1

How blest some folks are to have the $$$ to be able to afford all the "extra's" needed to stay mobile and comfortable here at Lakeside. For myself I have made the choice to to go "back north" . Never having canceled my Medicare or supplementary ins its pay back time

It has been a long time since I lasted visited a doctor in the US and let me say this practice was outstanding and super efficient. The clinic has the choice of English, Spanish or Russian speaking doctors.  The cherry on the top was they sent a Uber to collect me and deliver me back to my home. And surprise surprise everything happens on time, I guess that is something I will have to re-learn..."8am means 8am"

More importantly  for ME, I felt the doctor could completely understand me and my "problems". After a full examination he handed me his card and told me to call him any time. Later a Pharmacologist  turns up with 90 days of meds.  I am sure the doctor will not make house calls, but I know the ambulance will promptly  turn up and I will have a better chance of survival by getting to the emergency in time of a heart attack or stroke.

Take care to strap yourself into that contraption , I would hate to hear you fell on your head.

• Sad 5

On 3/4/2021 at 8:37 AM, happyjillin said:

Ferret posted them for you. I was going to invite you to see my setup but not after you not bothering to read the contact #'s that were already posted.

beunos seurte

the last thing i intended was to upset anyone, i desperately need a chair 

i will go see one whatever i need to do , just go beyond if possile, i have spoken toGuad places

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mike7129a said:

the last thing i intended was to upset anyone, i desperately need a chair 

i will go see one whatever i need to do , just go beyond if possile, i have spoken toGuad places

What part of "there is only one supplier" do you not understand and ferret gave you their link and then went to the trouble of posting  that link for you in full. I am done with this and if you think that you upset me you are totally wrong. Nobody on this board can upset me. I just won't allow you to waste my time further.

pedro kertesz

• Sad 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:48 PM, happyjillin said:

What part of "there is only one supplier" do you not understand and ferret gave you their link and then went to the trouble of posting  that link for you in full. I am done with this and if you think that you upset me you are totally wrong. Nobody on this board can upset me. I just won't allow you to waste my time further.

pedro kertesz

On 3/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, happyjillin said:

I have very little time left and this chair is one of the things that allows me to age in that time with "dignity" in our 2 story casa. It and my fiat 500 are my RIDES until I get my trike built.

electric stair chair.jpg

right thee that looks perfect , is it available  here, a number to call

• Sad 1

mike7129a,

Pedro bought his chair from the same company that I posted earlier. It is the ONLY company that sells them here and it is located in Guadalajara.

The numbers are 333-812-3900 or 333-852-6673

I suggest that you get someone to help you with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:48 PM, happyjillin said:

pedro kertesz

I hope someone shows you more understanding and courtesy when you’re struggling.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 3/9/2021 at 7:55 AM, Dostortas said:

I hope someone shows you more understanding and courtesy when you’re struggling.  

I, ferret and chillin/gary waller have contributed to the OP and you have not posted anything informative to the OP's needs but you get up on a moralistic high horse signifying nothing correctly. I order you to say 10 hail Mary's for your selfrighteous blather senor/senora 2 sandwiches and that goes for you sheep that put likes on 2 sandwichs' post without using any brain power or reading comprehension-SNORK!

pedro kertesz the help

• Confused 1