Chapala.com Webboard

Coronavirus: Mexico clarifies policy, to vaccinate all foreign nationals

Jim Bowie

The national TV news for several days showed long lines of people waiting for hours outside vaccination centers in CDMX and in the state of Mexico, many obviously under 60,  getting jabbed with no filtering or questions asked  and recieving a certificate. Disorganized roll out it appears.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ferret said:

If no CURP is needed, how does that person register for the vaccination on the official website?

This press release tells people who are unable to register online, to go to a vax site.  They will either be vaccinated  or they will be given an appointment for later.

mig.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, artsnob said:

Does anyone know when we will get vaccines Lakeside...

Well, if there are 15,000,000 old people in Mexico, and several million of doctors, nurses, etc., Mexico needs to import a LOT more vaccines to give all those maybe 2 shots. So, when Mexico has imported maybe 25,000,000 doses, you are maybe getting close.

11 hours ago, RickS said:

..because he has a right to do so, just like you have a right to condemn him for it I guess. 

On this board he has the right to ask his question but there is no right to condemn him personally for it.

Roy, just answer the question or ignore the post.

But that's exactly the point, isn't it. There is no answer, and he knows it, yet he continues to interrupt threads every week asking the same question over and over again. There are literally dozens of threads on here speculating on who and when because no one knows. But you two were sure quick to condemn me for calling that out. In effect, condemning me for my so-called condemnation, which seems a bit self-aggrandizing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No it is not the point.  On this board, if you don't like what someone else posts, the acceptable response here is to ignore the post, thread or poster or rebut the substance of what they posted..  You can also put a poster you like on ignore so you don't see their threads and posts at all.  

What is not acceptable is to personally call the other poster out.  That is the job of board moderation, of which there are four active on this board.  

As you are new here, I am assuming you weren't fully aware of this.  The owners of this board place a strong emphasis on civility and avoiding engaging in personalities here.

You are free to PM me or another moderator if you have further questions or concerns about this. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BeanRoy said:

I've been watching these threads for quite a while. Why do you ask the same question every two weeks, especially in a thread where clearly no one  has that answer.

It would be easy for you to just ignore this poster. 

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 8:46 AM, BeanRoy said:

But that's exactly the point, isn't it. There is no answer, and he knows it, yet he continues to interrupt threads every week asking the same question over and over again. There are literally dozens of threads on here speculating on who and when because no one knows. But you two were sure quick to condemn me for calling that out. In effect, condemning me for my so-called condemnation, which seems a bit self-aggrandizing.

As always...if you want to be considered for a Mod position just send your resume to the Admin.

• Haha 4