Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Candy Ugalde

Maloy

The best dental care I have experienced. I went to Dr. Candy for a consultation (free) and she carefully detailed the work that I needed (a lot). I have made four trips from Oregon over the past year for the work. I have had a total of 11 implants, several crowns and two bridges and they fit and feel fantastic.  Everyone in her office from front office staff to assistants were consistently friendly, informative and helpful.  There was never a language or understanding barrier. My cost was about 20% of what the work would have cost in Oregon. She use implants made in Switzerland and are the second most used in the world, no shortcuts. I cannot recommend her more highly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bmh said:

I think you should have work done before giving a recommendation. No doubt she is as great s you think but I would not go to by a recommendation begore the work is done.

Are you not able to read plain English???

"I have made four trips from Oregon over the past year for the work. I have had a total of 11 implants, several crowns and two bridges and they fit and feel fantastic."  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Follow your own advice and read my post.   I said interesting       I am not aware of the dictionary redefining the word interesting  to  criticizing

I said that someone ELSE made a first post criticizing Dr. candy...now isn't that interesting??? 

3 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Just because you have lost your favorite sparring partner on this board, you are not going to suck me into replacing him/her...Adios!!! 

But you are so fun, Greengohombre . Please, keep on posting, greengohombre   

:) 

• Confused 2

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

For me, I really value the recommendations here.  Most will say "yay" or "nay" and give reasons. Whether we're talking about food, a particular store, medical, etc, there's usually a strong trend in the follow-up comments. I don't know squat about this particular practice, but when so many folks have taken the time to write and it's not positive, then I pay attention. Actual experiences are out there for others to read; it's up to us to decide whether or not to be a patient. Interesting that this keeps popping up, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tingting said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

For me, I really value the recommendations here.  Most will say "yay" or "nay" and give reasons. Whether we're talking about food, a particular store, medical, etc, there's usually a strong trend in the follow-up comments. I don't know squat about this particular practice, but when so many folks have taken the time to write and it's not positive, then I pay attention. Actual experiences are out there for others to read; it's up to us to decide whether or not to be a patient. Interesting that this keeps popping up, though.

If you "don't know squat about this particular practice" why would you opine about it here??? There always are a few disaffected consumers no matter what profession, whether it be automotive, technical or medical that tend to get the ink and are the loudest. Over the many years here, I have seen just as many positive comments about this practice as negative, in fact I would opine, maybe many more. Some here are like a dog with a bone, digging up and regurgitating ancient posts and seem to get some kind of perverse pleasure from it. Please check the glowing OP report at the top here that begins with "The best dental care I have experienced."  Enough said!!!

1 minute ago, gringohombre said:

If you "don't know squat about this particular practice" why would you opine about it here??? There always are a few disaffected consumers no matter what profession, whether it be automotive, technical or medical that tend to get the ink and are the loudest. Over the many years here, I have seen just as many positive comments about this practice as negative, in fact I would opine, maybe many more. Some here are like a dog with a bone, digging up and regurgitating ancient posts and seem to get e kind of perverse pleasure from it. Please check the glowing OP report at the top here that begins with "The best dental care I have experienced."  Enough said!!!

Evidently, reading comprehension is not your best feature. I did not opine about the practice. I stated that I respect the recommendations/experiences of others. As I have said in your previous rants about this particular doc, just because YOU had a good experience does not erase the numerous bad experiences of others. If you're happy, great, continue with this practice. As for me, YOUR great experience versus that of so many others means that YOUR opinion is worth exactly....oh, let's say squat...with me.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Tingting said:

Evidently, reading comprehension is not your best feature. I did not opine about the practice. I stated that I respect the recommendations/experiences of others. As I have said in your previous rants about this particular doc, just because YOU had a good experience does not erase the numerous bad experiences of others. If you're happy, great, continue with this practice. As for me, YOUR great experience versus that of so many others means that YOUR opinion is worth exactly....oh, let's say squat...with me.

ME, the OP and many others vs. YOU, admittedly with no personal experience...NO CONTEST!!! 

• Sad 4

I have been a patient of dr Candy Ugalde at Dental Health One for 4 years. She has done several implants for me both new and repairs. Her work and integrity has been above reproach! Her office and staff perfection for me, no complaints whatsoever here!

I'm from the USA and consider myself a "world traveler". I've had dental work done in NY, Thailand, India and Mexico during the course of my lifetime! She is hands down the best for me. My mouth was a hot mess! Implants done in India by a dentist well advertised internationally and showing swiss implants on his website. Two of them of them had to be removed by dr. candy because the were done in such a way that one was infected, one was affecting the health of a nearby live tooth. I was in pain. What she removed looks just like table screws! Discusting! She thoroughly explained each step of the way, showed me the implants, explained why she uses her particular brand etc. My body had intestinal fortitude to reject one of her implants. She replaced it without question. 100%. A tooth of mine with a crown on it broke. She not only fixed the broken tooth but gave me a brand new crown rather than using the old one as I requested. I know she could have re-glued it on and been done with it! Nope not her way of doing things! She rebuilt the tooth and installed a brand new crown. No cost to me.....I feel loved and cared for.

so, for what it's worth, this is it, my rather long winded personal  experience with a dentist I hold in the highest regard!

7 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Interesting how 2 brand new posters start a topic and then comment on it just to sing the praises of a dentist whose work has been reviewed both well and scathingly on these forums.

Smells like damage control originating either from the dentist or a friend.

I did not see you protesting when a brand new poster a couple of weeks ago regurgitated a 5 year old thread to rant and  rave and post a Cat Scan photo lifted directly from Google, that I proved without a doubt to be FAKE!!!

52 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Interesting how 2 brand new posters start a topic and then comment on it just to sing the praises of a dentist whose work has been reviewed both well and scathingly on these forums.

Smells like damage control originating either from the dentist or a friend.

Yes it definitely smells...  11 implants.. that would be virtually a full mouth restoration..upper and lower.. something Dr Candy would be incapable of doing.. Dr Candy is a dentist you go to for a cleaning.  anything more than than you stay well clear of her ...

• Sad 1