Chapala.com Webboard

Question about Hospital San Francisco in Guadalajara

I’m interested in hearing about inpatient post-operative experiences anyone has had while staying at the Hospital San Francisco in Guadalajara. I’m interested in your recent  hospital stay - how did you fare if you were only able to speak English, how was the food, what were the accommodations for your supporting family who stayed with you.
Thank you for  your assistance.

Sharon St. John 

My experience is from 2012 to 2015 so may be a little out of date for you. My hubby spent a lot of time in there including 5 days in ICU. I did not stay overnight but visited daily. I was able to hire private nurses within the hospital itself to take personal care of him 24/7 and it wasn't expensive. There is (or was) a nice little cafe just to the left of the main entrance. It is there because there are also many outpatients going to various Doctor's offices which are also in the building. I found the care to be exceptional and my hubby didn't complain about the food when he was recovering. He was in the "roundabout" out by the chapel and had a lovely little exterior patio... Chapel side was far more tranquil than the other side.  I wasn't sure if your hospital San Francisco was the same as hospital San Francisco of Asis which is the one my hubby was in, so I went googling. In the box on the right were some photos and I recognized the entrance.  https://www.google.com.mx/search?source=hp&ei=wA4xYLnTEo6qtQXV2rbQAw&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYDEc0Hs-f_f5zQ19zNxJ4PgNNsMk9gSC&q=san+francisco+hospital+guadalajara&oq=San+Franciso+Hospital+in+Guadla&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIGCAAQFhAeOgIIADoICC4QxwEQowI6AgguOgsILhDHARCjAhCTAjoFCC4QkwI6CAguEMcBEK8BOgcILhAKEJMCOgQILhAKOgQIABAKOgoILhDHARCvARAKOgcIABDJAxAKOg0ILhDHARCvARANEJMCOgQIABANOgoILhDHARCvARANOgcIABDJAxANOggIABANEAoQHjoGCAAQDRAeOggIABAIEA0QHjoKCCEQFhAKEB0QHjoJCAAQyQMQFhAeUMkXWJC2AWDB2AFoAnAAeACAAbEBiAHuJJIBBDAuMzOYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=gws-wiz