Chapala.com Webboard

Turkey Fries

rafterbr

In my wanderings around the lake so far I have not found a restaurant that offered Turkey Fries.  This midwestern USA treat usually has to be special ordered in the states and is sometimes hard to get.  When fried like chicken they are delicious.  I wonder if any of the local butcher shops offer them? 

2 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

I think he just wanted us to start Googling turkey fries. I know I did.

I'll admit it was a slow day and I thought I would give you something to think about.  The subject is real and I do like them.  I assume there are turkeys in  Mexico so my inquiry is not clueless.  Inquiring minds want to know.  They are located under the wings of male turkeys or so I have been told by butcher shops.

4 hours ago, rafterbr said:

I'll admit it was a slow day and I thought I would give you something to think about.  The subject is real and I do like them.  I assume there are turkeys in  Mexico so my inquiry is not clueless.  Inquiring minds want to know.  They are located under the wings of male turkeys or so I have been told by butcher shops.

Never kick a Tom Turkey under the wing......a low blow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rafterbr said:

Are your fries in your arm pits?

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

I assume that hominy is available in the US midwest but that doesn't mean you're gonna find someone in Kansas who makes pozole.

Actually pozole is a native american dish to a great many Native American Nations including the Pueblas, the Navajo's and the five civilized tribes.  My tribe the Chickasaws serve it at all their feasts, so yes you will find pozole in Kansas.  Just like in Mexico there are several ways its prepared by the tribes.       

1 minute ago, rafterbr said:

Actually pozole is a native american dish to a great many Native American Nations including the Pueblas, the Navajo's and the five civilized tribes.  My tribe the Chickasaws serve it at all their feasts, so yes you will find pozole in Kansas.  Just like in Mexico there are several ways its prepared by the tribes.       

Okay, bad analogy then, but thanks for the pozole lesson.

How about that you can find chocolate and chiles in the American Midwest, but not molé? Or potatoes onions, milk and flour in Mexico, but not Jewish potato latkes?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

How about that you can find chocolate and chiles in the American Midwest, but not molé? Or potatoes onions, milk and flour in Mexico, but not Jewish potato latkes? 

I have never had a Jewish potato latke but I looked at how they are made and they sound really good.  I am going to make some.  I am surprised some restaurants aren't offering them.  As for the mole, almost any city of any size in the USA has a Mexican grocery store with mole.  I don't like mole but my Mexican wife loves it and buys it from stores here in Oklahoma.  

On 2/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, mudgirl said:

Chicken Mole is available at many real Mexican restaurants in the Midwest, as are pozole, , chilaquiles and carnitas.  Just need to go the the part of town where Mexican community eats.  

On 2/11/2021 at 5:05 PM, rafterbr said:

Turkeys are NATIVE to Mexico.  

• Like 3