Chapala.com Webboard

What is a fair hourly wage for a handyman?

Sturdley

We have been paying a general maestro 100 pesos per hour.  This price has been same for the last 2 years.  His assistant, when needed, makes 70 or 80 per hour.  Our handyman was a contractor in the U.S. for almost 20 years, very qualified, moved back to raise his family in his home country.   We get an estimate of how many hours he feels it will take for the job and verify that those hours will be consecutive, not whenever he feels like showing up, which is a problem we have had in the past when we have work done on a per job basis.   The problem for us, with per job, is they may not work for 2 weeks and our house is left without the project completed and a mess for us to live around.   

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 11:09 AM, Sturdley said:

I  feel more comfortable paying by the hour instead of a contract price.  What would a fair hourly wage be for a competent handyman doing about 30 hours (or more) of work.  The work would mainly entail roof  and molding painting.

I have found they often they work by the day. Last time I had one it was 400 per day