Chapala.com Webboard

National Registration For Vaccine

Floradude

7 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

The registration for the vaccination against COVID of older adults (60+ years) has started.

Background
To register for the Covid Vaccine in Mexico currently requires a CURP number. Residents (permanent and temporary) and citizens have a CURP number. Those on a tourist visa do not. I don't know if there might be a future option for people without a CURP number or, if there is, when that might be.

The English language instructions below include a section on locating and printing your CURP number. The number is on your Mexican Driver's License and Permanent or Temporary Resident Card. At least it is on mine. Also see this post on SMAFAQ: Locating and Printing Your Mexican CURP.

You have to enter the website and enter your data. Before you start, you need to have your CURP number. You will also need a Mexican phone number (you must enter 10 digits so there is no room to enter a country code) where you or someone you trust can later take a call for you with your appointment information.

The website is in operation from 8 am to midnight seven days a week. It may take a while to get through. If you can not open the website during those hours it is probably because it is saturated...try again later. When you get through and complete the information and then hit send (enviar) the advice is 'if you don’t get a response, don’t start over. Just hit it every 15 minutes or so. Reports are that it takes a long time to process the confirmation.'

On the first day of operation there were some reports of interruptions / errors in the service. If you encounter an error try again later.

Instructions are from the wonderful folks at Covid-19 SMA
1. Enter the page https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/
2. Enter your CURP. In case you don't know it or don't have it on hand, first follow instructions
later in this tutorial on “Locating and Printing Your CURP”
3. Verify that your data is correct.
4. Select the option "I want to be vaccinated."
More ...

Read through all of the steps at the link below before you start. Instructions are from the wonderful folks at Covid-19 SMA ...
Vaccine Registration Instructions. | Español.

Which vaccine will I get?
We don't know at this time which vaccine will be used for any particular person, place or date.

What does it mean to be registered?
It means that you are on the list. You do not yet have an appointment but you will be contacted later with appointment information based on your age and location.

Best time to register is before 7 a.m.

Which vaccine? You might not know until you see the bottle.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Meanwhile, Lopez-Gatell has dismissed the need for incoming travelers to produce a negative COVID test, saying "Sick people don't travel".

This is the guy who's supposed to be in charge of the federal pandemic response. You couldn't make this dumbs**t ignorance up.

Is anyone surprised their website doesn't work?

Being a US citizen and a Permanante Residente in Mexico I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sigh

At 2am and 5am and 6 am and 6:30 am it will not accept my CURP. It says I must be over 60 . My curp is clearly BUXJ4409xxxx. 44 is the birth year=76 years. I have had this curp number for 10 years-a green wallet size card at first and now a 81/2 by 11 inch paper. The same CURP number is on my Mexican drivers license. No CURP number on my RPcard. What to do? 

1 hour ago, cedros said:

At 2am and 5am and 6 amand 6:30 am it will not accept my CURP. It says I must be over 60 . My curp is clearly BUXJ4409. 44 is the birth year=76 years. I have had this curp number for 10 years-a green wallet size card at first and now a 81/2 by 11 inch paper. The same CURP number is on my Mexican drivers license. No CURP number on my RPcard. What to do? 

It is open from 8 in the morning to 12 in the night.  So it won't work yet.

11 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

The national TV news just now reported the national website to register for vaccinations will be now operating 24 hours.

15 minutes ago, solajijic said:

It is open from 8 in the morning to 12 in the night.  So it won't work yet.

Quien sabe???

5 hours ago, cedros said:

At 2am and 5am and 6 amand 6:30 am it will not accept my CURP. It says I must be over 60 . My curp is clearly BUXJ4409. 44 is the birth year=76 years. I have had this curp number for 10 years-a green wallet size card at first and now a 81/2 by 11 inch paper. The same CURP number is on my Mexican drivers license. No CURP number on my RPcard. What to do? 

A CURP NUMBER HAS 18 DIGITS.  IF IT BEGINS WITH DOX  (THAT'S AN "O" NOT A NUMBER)  The first letter of your last name followed by first vowel.  Example, if  your last name is Whinky the first two letters of your CURP would be WI

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Floradude said:

My curp begins with BOXH....

I am not sure where the X came from.  I do not think American names fit into the model for the expected Mexican name.  For example, what is our second apelido.

You don't have a second last name. (apellido)

The X is because you only have the last name of your father and not your mother's maiden name as shown on the chart on my post above so there is an X placed in the space of your mother's maiden name. 

11 minutes ago, Floradude said:

My curp begins with BOXH....

I am not sure where the X came from.  I do not think American names fit into the model for the expected Mexican name.  For example, what is our second apelido.

The X is supposed to take the place of the first letter of your mother's maiden surname if you don't have two apellidos as is the case with  many non Mexicans. The 3rd letter of mine is a X also.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

As others have pointed out, that doesn't have the correct number of characters. Are you sure you aren't confusing your CURP with an RFC#?

Although what you posted is also not the right amount for an RFC, which has 13 characters.

Yes, the Board would not let me add more x,s until I came up to 18 characters. My CURP does have 18 characters. I thought it might not be a good idea to post my complete CURP on a public forum.

• Like 1

Finally got as far as    "checking your curp" this morning after doing the I'm not a robot, and clicking on the pictures with traffic lights. Did not suggest there was a problem.  But it just kept trying to load. 

One hour ago I started over (immediate connection) but it is DETERMINED that my (and hubbie's  CURP's are not correct.  Yes they are!!!

Anyone else encountering this?  My stopped is set in private browsing.  Any geeks know if this could be the problem?

18 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Finally got as far as    "checking your curp" this morning after doing the I'm not a robot, and clicking on the pictures with traffic lights. Did not suggest there was a problem.  But it just kept trying to load. 

One hour ago I started over (immediate connection) but it is DETERMINED that my (and hubbie's  CURP's are not correct.  Yes they are!!!

Anyone else encountering this?  My stopped is set in private browsing.  Any geeks know if this could be the problem?

What was the message you received?  Invalido or SIn Respuesta