Chapala.com Webboard

Shopping at Costco

Tingting

As promised, here is the Costco report, a/k/a "Can I enter if I'm over 60?"

For obvious reasons, I'll keep a few personal details to myself, but my friend and I went to Costco today. We were about 5-7 minutes prior to their opening and there was already a line of about 20 people ahead of us. Every blasted second, a recording announced, in both Spanish and English, that entrance was restricted for those under 15 and those over 60. While I think the staff looked folks over, they didn't do any ID checks or anything other than taking your temp and splooshing you with wonder gel. I can honestly say that there were several people that looked over 60, and then some, but no one was stopped. Both friend and I made our purchases with no problems; HOWEVER, one very interesting thing is that she couldn't do returns on a couple of items that she had. As soon as she gave her membership card, they checked and told her that she couldn't return them since she was over 60, blah, blah, blah. Of course, this was a bit of a joke since she'd just finished a major shopping expedition, but I guess it's a case of if they had accepted the items, then they would be acknowledging that folks were shopping who were --GASP!!!!-- over 60. Since there's a 90 days return guarantee, it wasn't that big of a whoop since we go monthly.

So, as long as you don't look one step away from death and act with confidence, you should be fine (your wallet may suffer, but that's a different topic!) Oh, and that was true of other shops. We weren't refused entry at any of them although one didn't let us enter together (one at a time). Again, no big whoop. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

I guess some think they know more than the medical people...They must have a sad life if they can’t live for a few weeks without going to Costco...

If they do get Covid19 I wonder if they will post that fact on here...

And some people have far too much time  on their hands that they make themselves guardians of us all. You must have a sad life if you have to find fault in others without looking in your own mirror. Since I actually have a life, I try not to make myself the neighborhood nazi. SMH.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Gosh, I'm up in Seattle. And folks up here, can go to Costco regardless of their age. Now, going north Canada is another thing. The border is closed to foreigners because of the Coronavirus. (At least that is what I think I heard on the evening news, a while back.)

PS I would rather be home in Ajijic. Just waiting for my Covid19 vaccine shots :( 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, johanson said:

Gosh, I'm up in Seattle. And folks up here, can go to Costco regardless of their age. Now, going north Canada is another thing. The border is closed to foreigners because of the Coronavirus. (At least that is what I think I heard on the evening news, a while back.)

PS I would rather be home in Ajijic. Just waiting for my Covid19 vaccine shots :( 

Wow, Pete, Seattle must really be in a bad place if you, at your age, have not even received your first shot!  Today in Colorado I received my SECOND shot. Wish that was your case.  This past weekend the UCHealth folks in Denver gave 10,000 shots to folks in their cars at the local MLB Coors field parking lot.  Today at my UCHealth facility inside one of the local hospitals there was a 'large number' of folks passing through, getting their first or second shot, waiting 15 minutes to make sure one didn't have an immediate adverse reaction, then leaving. During my max-25 minutes there I probably saw a hundred and the parking lot was full, coming and going.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tingting said:

As promised, here is the Costco report, a/k/a "Can I enter if I'm over 60?"

For obvious reasons, I'll keep a few personal details to myself, but my friend and I went to Costco today. We were about 5-7 minutes prior to their opening and there was already a line of about 20 people ahead of us. Every blasted second, a recording announced, in both Spanish and English, that entrance was restricted for those under 15 and those over 60. While I think the staff looked folks over, they didn't do any ID checks or anything other than taking your temp and splooshing you with wonder gel. I can honestly say that there were several people that looked over 60, and then some, but no one was stopped. Both friend and I made our purchases with no problems; HOWEVER, one very interesting thing is that she couldn't do returns on a couple of items that she had. As soon as she gave her membership card, they checked and told her that she couldn't return them since she was over 60, blah, blah, blah. Of course, this was a bit of a joke since she'd just finished a major shopping expedition, but I guess it's a case of if they had accepted the items, then they would be acknowledging that folks were shopping who were --GASP!!!!-- over 60. Since there's a 90 days return guarantee, it wasn't that big of a whoop since we go monthly.

So, as long as you don't look one step away from death and act with confidence, you should be fine (your wallet may suffer, but that's a different topic!) Oh, and that was true of other shops. We weren't refused entry at any of them although one didn't let us enter together (one at a time). Again, no big whoop. 

Hope that helps.

Tingting thanks so much for your detailed report. I will give Costco a try this week as some of my neightpurs and myself are running out of thigs that only Costco has.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 8:21 AM, Upfront said:

send a message to gerardo via https://www.lakeside-ss.com/

they will deliver what you ask for for much less

We use him a lot. His service is excellent. Great website too. And if you don't see what you want there's a comment box at the end of checkout where you can add items.