Chapala.com Webboard

Attention Canadians

Dostortas

10 minutes ago, Dostortas said:

So I wonder what happens for the east coasters, if you can only fly into Montreal and you test negative after 3 days, are you released from hotel quarantine to continue the rest of your  journey home and then continue to quarantine at home?  I’m thinking no but who knows, time will tell I guess.  I wouldn’t want to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks, you can’t even open a window in most places anymore.  It would be a rough 2 weeks if you can’t return to your home to complete quarantine.  It’s going to be a hard winter season for those here in Mexico that depend on tourism for income.  Here’s hoping all these worldwide  measures are successful and the cases start decreasing. 

Why wouldn’t you be able to go home and complete your quarantine..? As long as you test negative that is..

13 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why wouldn’t you be able to go home and complete your quarantine..? As long as you test negative that is..

Because you would have to leave the province, presumably most people would be flying so you would be doing air travel to another province while technically still being under a quarantine mandate hence why I wonder if that would be permitted.  Same situation for those in Saskatchewan and Manitoba I suppose.  

46 minutes ago, Dostortas said:

Because you would have to leave the province, presumably most people would be flying so you would be doing air travel to another province while technically still being under a quarantine mandate hence why I wonder if that would be permitted.  Same situation for those in Saskatchewan and Manitoba I suppose.  

Can you post a link to where you got this information from. 

7 hours ago, Upfront said:

and exactly why would they not accept the results of a test from outside canada. are all canadians rightwing conspiracy theorists

I had pointed out that they DO accept tests from outside Canada. It is, and will continue to be a requirement to return.

Yes, ALL Canadians are right-wing conspiracy theorists, you nailed it! /s

Have a nice day.

19 hours ago, Whipstock said:

From the ABC article:

"Trudeau said in addition to the pre-boarding test Canada already requires, the government will be introducing mandatory PCR testing at the airport for people returning to Canada."

I understand that as they accept (believe), a test administered outside of Canada to let you fly in.

The second PCR would be confirmation, would it not?

How many pesos do you think it costs to get a negative PCR test in Mexico, eh?

8 hours ago, Upfront said:

and exactly why would they not accept the results of a test from outside canada. are all canadians rightwing conspiracy theorists

I don't even live in Mexico any longer but getting a certified negative "test" would only be a case of how much I'd be willing to spend. C'mon man, give me a break.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

How many dollars would it take to get a negative PCR test in Canada or the USA?

No idea about cost in any of the 3 countries. I only know that I could get one in Mexico if I was willing to pay the "going rate", whatever that happens to be. I have no such connections in the US or Canada.

8 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

No idea about cost in any of the 3 countries. I only know that I could get one in Mexico if I was willing to pay the "going rate", whatever that happens to be. I have no such connections in the US or Canada.

PCR in Guadalajara at Salud Digna $950mx    At GDL airport  $1450mx

15 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

PCR in Guadalajara at Salud Digna $950mx    At GDL airport  $1450mx

MostlyLost he is not asking for the cost of a Test.

Pappysmarket first said:

"They're not going to believe a test not administered in Canada." 

and then he implied that he can get a falsified negative PCR test result in Mexico due to his "Connections".

15 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

MostlyLost he is not asking for the cost of a Test.

I was replying to this post

48 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

He did state he had no idea of the cost so I gave him an idea. 

• Haha 1

Risking their lives and others for that "cheap" trip to Mexico wont be cheap anymore for those cheapskates

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Upfront said:

There's nothing to say that just because a person tested negative 72 hours before their flight, that they didn't get infected between then and when they arrive. Especially when they are going through airports with thousands of other travelers.

It makes sense to me to test again on arrival.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

And that's why Canada will both test, and quarantine YOU (and everyone) on arrival.   And...you pay for it, mucho mucho.    🙂

On 1/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, TelsZ4 said:

Actually what Canada is doing (rightly or wrongly) is allowing the international arrival passengers to continue onto their final destination airport, which is where their  "hotel quarantine" would begin.    I don't know why this is.....if someone is going to be quarantined, it would be better to do it as soon and as early as possible, at one of the 4 international arrival airports during this time:    Toronto, Montreal, Calgary or Vancouver.     

And here's proof that it works when done properly and for sufficient amounts of time.....and for those "cheapskates".....well, given the costs, they won't have to worry about the upfront test, they just won't be doing it at all!

Don't like Canada's new mandatory quarantine? It's part of why New Zealand is now back to normal | National Post

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Our northern  cousin have been smug for many months about the "mess" that is happening in the USA..now its time to sit back  and see how they unravel  this "mess"

You are comparing a huge infection rate and 400,000 deaths to inconvenient disruptions in travel plans?