Chapala.com Webboard

Need 2 or 3 smooth floor tiles

Karina G

18 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Since you are in Riberas it might be easier to go to the one just West of the new Hospital San Antonio.  There is a strip center with a restaurant upstairs, a salon downstairs and next door to the salon is a tile shop.

That is the store bmh is talking about. The Tuesday Market was there about 10 years ago but has moved a couple of times since and is now in West Ajijic west of the cemetery.

• Thanks 1

What kind of clay are you working with, water clay or oil clay? If water clay are you buying from Tjamulco or CDMX? Do you work the clay when it is leather hard? If so, you might require a highly adsorbent slab made from pottery plaster. To make an income in clay, you have to work hard and fast, usually for people who have zero imagination or marketing skills.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the Riberas store first because that's easy for me. This is amateur hobby stuff; I got some polymer clay from Amazon and am trying my hand at jewelry making. Looks pretty easy to get started, although obviously there's many more complex projects out there. I'll be happy if I can construct 2 earrings that match, for the moment...

just answered my question , I guess you do not need one since unlike natural clay it fired at very low temperature and you can fire in your oven. Sounds great , have fun. I live with a potter from  Chiapas so we have a primitive kiln, you can do it in the oven...but lucky you ,  you do ot need one.