Chapala.com Webboard

Jalisco car Tags

Paco Loco

You can also pay them online using the Placa and VIN number at gobiernoenlinea1.jalisco.gob.mx/vehicular/

At this time I assume that at some point I'd take the receipt to the Chapala office and exchange it for the tarjeta mentioned in other posts. For now I'll keep the recibo in the car should it be needed.

This site and the one at Predial use the same payment interface which allow choices on how to pay the amount due. 

On 1/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, AngusMactavish said:

Just got back from the Chapala tag office. Four in line with three windows open. In and out in less that 10 minutes. When I left there was nobody in line.

What time did you arrive there last Thu? Today 12:15pm, the line was out the door, on to the street, maybe 20 folks in line on the street.

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

I went and paid today.  They told me they are no longing giving out stickers to put on your windshield.  Now they are giving out cards to keep in your wallet.  I found that odd.  How will the police recognize vehicles that haven't paid?

How? They will have to stop the vehicle and ask for it rather than seing at a glance that the tags are up to date.

8 hours ago, Ferret said:

It always never ceased to amaze me how the police could pick the correct sticker out of many on the windshield and ascertain that the most current was missing... as you sped by at 45 km/hr.

Many people only have the latest sticker on. Many of the venicles aren't speeding by but are parked. The sticker do look a bit different.