Chapala.com Webboard

Covid Vaccines

FlyFree

1 hour ago, Go Solar said:

Re:  Florida:

Under the new policy, updated this week, those looking to be vaccinated must bring one piece of U.S. government photo identification bearing their date of birth. Those with identification issued by a foreign government, such as Canadians, must bring two documents to prove that they live in the U.S., such as a utility bill or property tax statement.

12 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Updated by what state?   Each state even some cities have different rules. Example in Laredo only Webb county residents.

@Go Solar says FLORIDA at top of his post.  fyi, FL governor has strong executive powers and the policy he sets for the FL Dept. of Health cannot be deviated from at local levels.  

10 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@Go Solar says FLORIDA at top of his post.  

Missed that  small typeface.  Probably because Florida has so many snowbirds.

In any case there will be changes to all vaccination schemes on a regular basis as the supply increases and the states learn how to best dispense it. 

Seems logical that it will get easier with fewer restrictions just like testing did 

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:35 PM, Jim Bowie said:

Already driven back. My appointment is next week. I am very high risk and don't need to wait forever. You need to do what is best for you. Good luck.

How sad and selfish. You only think of yourself. You are fortunate enough to have been able to return to the U.S for your Covid vaccine. There are many U.S. citizens living abroad who are also in the high risk group and are unable to travel to the U.S. There are also those who for financial or other reasons are unable to travel to the U.S at this time. No one foresaw the virulent and rapid spread of the Covid virus. They need help from the U.S. consulate here. I hope the U.S. government has it in it's heart to help these people in need. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

No one foresaw the virulent and rapid spread of the Covid virus. They need help from the U.S. consulate here. I hope the U.S. government has it in it's heart to help these people in need. 

You have got to be kidding. It has been more than apparent since last March. You chose to live in a foreign country, deal with it.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

How sad and selfish. You only think of yourself. You are fortunate enough to have been able to return to the U.S for your Covid vaccine. There are many U.S. citizens living abroad who are also in the high risk group and are unable to travel to the U.S. There are also those who for financial or other reasons are unable to travel to the U.S at this time. No one foresaw the virulent and rapid spread of the Covid virus. They need help from the U.S. consulate here. I hope the U.S. government has it in it's heart to help these people in need. 

Why would you begrudge @Jim Bowie or @RVGRINGO or anyone getting their vax in the US?  I don't think it's selfish, as you infer. 

You can be mad (if you choose to be) at the US government for their policies, but individuals who are eligible and get their shot legitimately in US do not deserve your wrath. 

I don't begrudge anyone who has returned to the U.S. for their Covid vaccine. RVGringo already lives in the U.S. Ferret and Jim Bowie are the one's who think that no U.S. citizens living abroad deserves the help of the U.S. government. That this a choice they've made and tough luck. This is while the U.S. government is spending trillions of dollars to stimulate the economy, and provide Covid vaccines in the U.S. Why not extend the help to U.S. citizens living abroad? It is a lot easier that having ten's of millions of U.S. citizens living abroad returning to their homeland to receive vaccines'.

12 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Why would you begrudge @Jim Bowie or @RVGRINGO or anyone getting their vax in the US?  I don't think it's selfish, as you infer. 

You can be mad (if you choose to be) at the US government for their policies, but individuals who are eligible and get their shot legitimately in US do not deserve your wrath. 

I don't begrudge anyone who has returned to the U.S. to receive their vaccine. RVGringo already lives in the U.S. It is Jim Bowie and Ferret who think that U.S. citizens living abroad do not deserve the help of the U.S. government. That they made this choice and it's tough luck. This is while the U.S. government is spending trillions of dollars stimulating the economy and vaccinating the population. Why not extend the help to U.S. citizens living abroad? It is a lot easier than having tens of millions of U.S. citizens living abroad returning to their homeland to receive vaccines".

• Haha 2

The Consulates and Embassies, to the best of my knowledge, have never provided medical assistance to those living abroad. It is doubtful they ever will

What they have done is provided referrals and information regarding emergency medical services.  

I am sure at some point the department of state Mexico Embassy will post information on how to obtain a Covid vaccination in Mexico. If you are subscribed to the program you will receive an email.  Someone will probably post it here as well.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/about-our-new-products/staying-connected.html

I'm in Seattle. I came up last summer and decided to wait for a return flight to Ajijic (which I consider home). I recently had the opportunity to request an appointment to get my vaccine shot/s

The earliest I can get my first shot is 20 March and my second on April 13th.

That sucks. I have been away from home, way to long 👱‍♀️

3 minutes ago, johanson said:

I'm in Seattle. I came up last summer and decided to wait for a return flight to Ajijic (which I consider home). I recently had the opportunity to request an appointment to get my vaccine shot/s

Just my $0.02, but I'd prefer a shot NOB than getting the Russian, or either of the two Chinese shots. 

I think knowing I spread Covid would (could) be as bad as getting it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The Consulates and Embassies, to the best of my knowledge, have never provided medical assistance to those living abroad. It is doubtful they ever will

What they have done is provided referrals and information regarding emergency medical services.  

I am sure at some point the department of state Mexico Embassy will post information on how to obtain a Covid vaccination in Mexico. If you are subscribed to the program you will receive an email.  Someone will probably post it here as well.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/about-our-new-products/staying-connected.html

Thank you, Mostly Lost for this useful information. I hope the U.S. Consulate posts this information sooner rather than later.

5 hours ago, johanson said:

Something is rotten in.... Seattle!  The 'mandate' is that all those 70+ be put in Phase 1b. Maybe the dearth of vaccine that was supposed to be held back has caused your state to 'go conservative' with appointments. That is not the case in Colorado.  Too bad that there was not a coordinated plan from the git-go so that each state wasn't going it alone. Hopefully the renewed emphasis on Covid in Washington will help your situation.  I know that you are jones-ing to get back to your home at Lakeside!

6 hours ago, FlyFree said:

I don't begrudge anyone who has returned to the U.S. to receive their vaccine. RVGringo already lives in the U.S. It is Jim Bowie and Ferret who think that U.S. citizens living abroad do not deserve the help of the U.S. government. That they made this choice and it's tough luck. This is while the U.S. government is spending trillions of dollars stimulating the economy and vaccinating the population. Why not extend the help to U.S. citizens living abroad? It is a lot easier than having tens of millions of U.S. citizens living abroad returning to their homeland to receive vaccines".

"AstraZeneca: $4 dólares por dosis
Pfizer: $20 dólares por dosis
Sinovac: $5 dólares por dosis
Sputnik V: $10 dólares por dosis
Moderna: $33 dólares por dosis
Johnson & Johnson: $10 dólares
por dosis"

Google Translation:

"AstraZeneca: $ 4 per dose
Pfizer: $ 20 per dose
Sinovac: $ 5 per dose
Sputnik V: $ 10 per dose
Modern: $ 33 per dose
Johnson & Johnson: $ 10
per dose"

On the offical Secretaria de Salud website.

If you can't afford to spend possibly about $30.00 - $40.00 USD per vaccination - x2 - at a private facility then I assume you will keep on complaining about the American Embassy/Consulate to us but personally you seem incapable of understanding what petty crap this really is. 😊

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

"AstraZeneca: $4 dólares por dosis
Pfizer: $20 dólares por dosis
Sinovac: $5 dólares por dosis
Sputnik V: $10 dólares por dosis
Moderna: $33 dólares por dosis
Johnson & Johnson: $10 dólares
por dosis"

Google Translation:

"AstraZeneca: $ 4 per dose
Pfizer: $ 20 per dose
Sinovac: $ 5 per dose
Sputnik V: $ 10 per dose
Modern: $ 33 per dose
Johnson & Johnson: $ 10
per dose"

On the offical Secretaria de Salud website.

You do realize that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine has not yet been approved, so how is it that this vaccine is available to the public?

7 hours ago, FlyFree said:

Why not extend the help to U.S. citizens living abroad?

Flip this around......Do you think the USA, would, or should, allow all other countries whose citizens are living in the USA, to enter and / or send vaccines into the USA, for the purpose of vaccinating their citizens who happen to be in the US?     When those people, as US residents, already have access to the USA vaccinations?      Not to mention the logistics in the ultra cold needs of the 1st ones out, there is just no need for this and as others have said, unless there is some severe crisis, it just ain't going to happen.   Anywhere.     

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Flip this around......Do you think the USA, would, or should, allow all other countries whose citizens are living in the USA, to enter and / or send vaccines into the USA, for the purpose of vaccinating their citizens who happen to be in the US?     When those people, as US residents, already have access to the USA vaccinations?      Not to mention the logistics in the ultra cold needs of the 1st ones out, there is just no need for this and as others have said, unless there is some severe crisis, it just ain't going to happen.   Anywhere.     

Excuses, excuses, excuses." unless there is some severe crisis, it just ain't going to happen. " So you don't think this is a severe crisis? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, RickS said:

Something is rotten in.... Seattle!  The 'mandate' is that all those 70+ be put in Phase 1b. Maybe the dearth of vaccine that was supposed to be held back has caused your state to 'go conservative' with appointments. That is not the case in Colorado.  Too bad that there was not a coordinated plan from the git-go so that each state wasn't going it alone. Hopefully the renewed emphasis on Covid in Washington will help your situation.  I know that you are jones-ing to get back to your home at Lakeside!

No my  90 year old mother with Asthma  in Seattle has not received an appointment for the vaccine. So this is not abnormal for Johanson.  Nursing home folks and health care professionals are getting the vaccine.  Ib just started and the computer system for appointments crashed cause people to become frantic and making the situation worse. My Mom says not big deal as she says a few extra months of isolation is a small price to pay.  She thinks the people in the grocery stores should get it before her.  She gets all her food delivered by Amazon Fresh to her front porch.  My sister husband was shopping before for her but she thought that dangerous as my sister is immune compromised due to chemo.  I am proud of my mother who thinks of others before herself.  She has been by herself since may.  She knows she is lucky she has the money to order food from Amazon as many people can't afford it.   If my Mom at 90 with Asthma can relax and chill some of you folks need to also do so.  Breath deep and relax!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 1/19/2021 at 2:53 PM, FlyFree said:

The following is the response I received from the U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara. End of story. I wonder if the U.S. government plans on stopping collecting my taxes while I live overseas?

Dear XXXXX, 

The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas.  Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination. 

If you wish to be vaccinated in the U.S. please contact your doctor in the United States for information. 

Office of American Citizen Services    

U.S. Consulate General | Guadalajara, Jal.    

(01152)(33) 3268-2100 | acsgdl@state.gov    

This is not a surprise. When COVID first started the US Consulate advised all Americans to return to the US. It was made clear that if they remained no assistance would be given. We were warned.

• Like 6