Chapala.com Webboard

COVID 19 TESTING, LAKESIDE/GDL

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Reading the description: 

KIT PRUEBA ANTICUERPOS COVID19 PARA APLICACIÓN PERSONAL

Personal application is  basically do it yourself wouldn't you think?

Yes for the antibodies self test they offer and no for the antigen test they - probably the onsite Dr. there - will stick in your throat, nose/sinus for you. I presume the Dr. will give you some type of written result after the test.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:15 AM, southland said:

Folks, be aware WHO is revising the number of cycle counts for PCR tests.

IOW, false positives were generated all the past year because the higher the cycle counts, the more likely the PCR test picked up on the remotest strand of the virus, i.e. not a contagious person dangerous to anyone, even her or himself.

Whether the implementation of fewer cycle counts for PCR testing is implemented here or other countries remains to be seen but it is a current issue as of 48 to 72 hours ago.

Then again, deaths persist, and cases of sickness mount; nevertheless, how disturbing that the regimen of testing once again comes under dramatic change from the world's science and health experts.

One might think almost a year is enough to get the testing regimen correct and accurate, but maybe the challenges are too great. All this does is throw more confusion at the standards of how the world will try to keep safe, and keep operating economies.

Bad enough that service levels are spotty and costs of testing are high, but to have the testing itself now be questioned -- what a pain, what a waste of time is what comes to mind about pcr testing, unless one is really really down with symptoms and danger is presenting.

0*0f7fAB1OxXCgHH-T.png

This will kill tourism to Mexico. Nobody will travel here knowing they will have to take such an unreliable test before being allowed to fly home. The possibility of getting stranded in a foreign country for 2-3 weeks, traversing it all in a foreign language, the costs, etc. is a game changer. WHO politicized this from the get go.

3 minutes ago, Michael Ray said:

This will kill tourism to Mexico. Nobody will travel here knowing they will have to take such an unreliable test before being allowed to fly home. The possibility of getting stranded in a foreign country for 2-3 weeks, traversing it all in a foreign language, the costs, etc. is a game changer. WHO politicized this from the get go.

This too shall pass 

The USA only requires an antigen test which are one at a time so really the WHO directive does not apply,   also seeing airports in Mexico having antigen testing available just means a little more time in the airport for USA residents

Many posters read a lot, and if they are like me, they take half of the information and bank it, and the other half they leave in a "wait and see" file.

Reducing PCR cycle counts may just be a downward adjustment scientists will make u, anntil they can trace the positives and negatives to actual cases that develop. Now, the question is what agency is going to try to set up a trial to establish the right safe number of cycles for PCR testing? Do they have a "feel" for arbitary cycle numbers already, and knew too many cycles was "over-screening" and producing false effective "actual" positives. As many millions of pcr tests that have been conducted, somewhere along the cycle processes, those lab technicians know how many cycles produces the most accurate positive covid people. Labs must have a feel for this, say 20 cycles instead of 35 will cover 95% of the risky covid cases. Maybe that drops pcr test costs and results times in half.

I know the fashionable attitude is to be dreary and confused, but I should think as many thousands of lab technicians that have been doing these tests must have a pretty good idea how many cycles is the good round number that will help society move forward.

Obviously, everything above that I've written is my own sense of applying sense to a ball of confusion that seems never to get sized up by common sense, processes that people can get behind, know the residual risks, but move forward in life. THAT !!!! Moving forward is what has been the failing of the public health officials. Let's move forward.