Chapala.com Webboard

Hi CFE bills

Mitch

Mine says:

this bill was for $50.00

Su medidor no registo consumo en este bimestre

I do have solar, an sma invertor, and so many panels, I can't remember.

So, I think, I generated more than I consumed, but the last billing cycle, my bill was $719.00 04 Dec - 04 Feb 21.

So confusing

13 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Yes, they could change it anytime they want with no limits, but they don't. There are set rates and set kwh tier limits and they are charged according to the meter reading. 

I'm sorry you are getting outrageously huge bills, but it's because of some as yet unidentified electrical problem at your place, not because CFE is just gouging you.

Not bills plural, just this last one due to an unknown issue. I paid it because I have no choice and I thankfully can afford it, but what happens to the poor families when one of their pumps or something goes bad and they get his kind of bill. I think more than likely someone in the back will help them out, at least lets hope so.

46 minutes ago, mexjerry said:

Mine says:

this bill was for $50.00

Su medidor no registo consumo en este bimestre

I do have solar, an sma invertor, and so many panels, I can't remember.

So, I think, I generated more than I consumed, but the last billing cycle, my bill was $719.00 04 Dec - 04 Feb 21.

So confusing

In the green band below "total periodo" look at the total kwh purchased then below it the total kwh sold... if you sell more then you purchase there will be no consumption. Pretty simple. The $50 is the connection fee.

32 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Not bills plural, just this last one due to an unknown issue.

Well, hopefully you can get to the bottom of why your meter is registering such high consumption. I guess it could have been for the constantly running pump- maybe part of its malfunctioning was also causing it to draw more electricity than it normally would in a similar amount of time if it was working properly.

And no, I don't think Mexicans have some back room way of getting a bill reduced, unless they have some buddy who works there. They hate CFE as much as anyone does.

• Like 1

For the folks posting on pages 3 and 4 here.....can't of course speak for CFE....I can say however that this time of year (mostly Dec to Feb billings) and then again in April / May) are when we hear about and see more of these issues and complaints.     Generally it is due to high consumption from winter heating use, and then later on, typically from some AC use, higher refrigeration needs, and water pumping in the warmer and drier months.

For the newbies in particular, if you've been in tarifa 01, but have been using close to the DAC level for awhile (ie:  just under 500 kWh / 2 months) and then get a bill with use of say 600 to 700 kWh, that can trigger DAC as it is an average of the most recent 6 billings / going over 3000 in 12 months.     

And yes, at that point, a DAC bill can be up to 4x higher than the previous one, with not much more consumption, as you're comparing an amount charged at a stepped rate tariff, with half of it at about 1 peso per kWh, to all of the use being charged at 6 pesos / kWh.      Options are to average back out, by lowering consumption, or make some of your own energy.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ea93105 said:

but what happens to the poor families when one of their pumps or something goes bad

Well....generally speaking, they don't HAVE pumps.    Most local Mexican households of all types, allow the street pressure supply to fill their roof tinaco, and then that stores their water and gives them their gravity fed water supply in the house.     That alone saves a lot of money and complexity.       No aljibe, no pump.   Works when there is no CFE, too.    😉