Chapala.com Webboard

You Talk about Stupid ...

Jackie

4 hours ago, MtnMama said:

A child falls off a moto or a truck and is injured, and yes it is a tragedy. A child contracts Covid and brings it home to expose family members, friends and neighbors and it has the potential to be much worse. You don't see a difference?????

I beg to differ, however I do understand that it is like comparing apples to oranges. Children are highly unlikely to contract covid19, and those who do almost always (99.???%) will recover. However a head injury in a child is likely to end in serious complications, death or a lifelong impairment. Our roads here are difficult enough, but with these motos carrying even one child much less multiple, all sin helmets is an invitation to disaster. I am also seeing a new trend of VERY young kids roaring around on these newer low cost, low cc bikes, many times with even younger kids hanging on the back, and of course all sin helmets, much less training and permits. The pandemic will hopefully soon be in the rear view mirror but this moto situation seems to be of no concern to the authorities here or even others. I would like to see the medical statistics for the results of this pandemic!!!