Chapala.com Webboard

A little surprised by Chapala Coppell

On 12/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, TelsZ4 said:

Large companies like Coppel prefer plastic over cash for many reasons.. The money is in their bank account instantly..They don’t have to pay a security company to transport it to the bank.  Employees can’t pilfer credit card monies. They don’t get stuck with counterfeit bills. Accounting is much easier with credit cards..  

They don’t mind paying the fees, for a large company like Coppell it’s probably only  1 or 1 1/2 % maybe even less.

That makes a lot of sense. I haven't even thought about of all the things you mentioned

On 12/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, oregontochapala said:

My thought, too.

I rarely pay that much for my own shoes.

Well in fact neither do I. Walmart or No Name is fine for me, But I can tell you for name brand shoes that is cheap. Next time your out and about check out Nike or Reebok, Etc believe me they were good prices. 1500 pesos is about 75 dollars. Yes I was buying name brand. They have probably never had before. People will say yea they don't need them etc. And they didn't ask for them either. It made me feel good to do it. And even since Christmas they haven't been allowed to use them. Except for midnight mass so They are using them as dress shoes. There are good arguments that it is a waste of money etc etc. I did it. It doesn't bother me. If bothers somebody else then I don't know what to say. Maybe some "Keyboard Commandos" want to attack. I have no relatives left so when I go I want the last check to go towards my funeral not the state unclaimed funds department.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 1:57 PM, gogirl said:

That's what I was thinking. The most expensive shoes I have seen there are usually 699 pesos or so. When I buy for kids I go to the many shoe stores in the area.

I have even seen cheaper than 699. But not name brand like Nike Etc? If you know of some place please tell me. I attached a WhatsApp photo from the day. I was checking the size and sent a photo to someone to ask. It happens to show the price. The ones in the photo are Puma for 1899. And like before. I have seen them for double that at gallerias. I saw some Adidas for over 3500. I've even googled and have not name brands that cheap. I know of some air Jordans are jeez several hundred dollars a pair. I wasn't going to go that far. 

Some of these kids are in the early teens and I am sure they have some peer pressures in school and what not.

They are all being feed well and taken care of but they don't have any decent clothes. I bought each one a shirt or blouse, a pair of pants, socks, and shoes.

What I was hearing from them when asked what they wanted for Xmas in the months leading up was, Bicycle, R C Car, and of course the teens wanted cell phones. I felt bad getting them clothes

I should also note that they also do not know it was me.

I'm just trying to make good memories. Ever had something happen and years later you remember that. Not sure if I did it or not, but That is my goal. I just try to create a good memory.

IMG-20201222-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.5bd1185db7d4b53384274baa42ac939f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 6:54 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Merchants who display the VISA or Mastercard logos that decline to accept your card may be in violation of their agreements with the cc company.  Here is link to VISA merchant complaints including those located outside the US.   Statement below is from here, https://www.visa.ie/contact-us.html

From this website, https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support.html

You can report merchant violations here:   https://usa.visa.com/Forms/visa-rules.html

I agree and have been this route. They also are not suppose to add a charge for using the card according to the rules. I was at a resort (in Mexico) almost every store had a Cash vs Credit price. Visa/MC don't really enforce it that I have seen. They Should though

On 12/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, gringolokito said:

I have even seen cheaper than 699. But not name brand like Nike Etc? If you know of some place please tell me. I attached a WhatsApp photo from the day. I was checking the size and sent a photo to someone to ask. It happens to show the price. The ones in the photo are Puma for 1899. And like before. I have seen them for double that at gallerias. I saw some Adidas for over 3500. I've even googled and have not name brands that cheap. I know of some air Jordans are jeez several hundred dollars a pair. I wasn't going to go that far. 

Some of these kids are in the early teens and I am sure they have some peer pressures in school and what not.

They are all being feed well and taken care of but they don't have any decent clothes. I bought each one a shirt or blouse, a pair of pants, socks, and shoes.

What I was hearing from them when asked what they wanted for Xmas in the months leading up was, Bicycle, R C Car, and of course the teens wanted cell phones. I felt bad getting them clothes

I should also note that they also do not know it was me.

I'm just trying to make good memories. Ever had something happen and years later you remember that. Not sure if I did it or not, but That is my goal. I just try to create a good memory.

IMG-20201222-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.5bd1185db7d4b53384274baa42ac939f.jpeg

I didn't realize that you were buying name brands. I know that they can be very expensive. Brand names mean a lot to teens. Nice of you to go the extra mile.

• Like 1