Chapala.com Webboard

Ultralight Park

Before moving to Mexico, my husband enjoyed flying ultralights but it was something that was just too large to try and ship down to Ajijic so he sold his two ultralights.  He's now interested in returning to the sport.  Does anyone know how to contact the Ultralight Park located on the road going towards Vista de Lago?  With COVID, we don't want to drive out there for an in-person contact, but are hoping someone either knows a phone number, contact person and/or internet site where we can learn more about their enrollment options, fees, how to buy and get an ultralight in Mexico, etc.

As always, thanks for your help.

Happy Holidays,

Val Jones  :)

• Like 1

Does your husband fit any of the XL sizes? If so I have an unused tropical weight full body wetsuit for sale. Will keep you warm down to 65f water. The Lake water typically runs 70 to 72f. If he flies over the Lake, and the airport is on the Lake, he should be very safe flying over the Lake, especially if he carries signal flares and VHF radio. Some of us seniors, get their visions of virility ahead of the facts. Hence my intention to sell my wetsuit

1 hour ago, thevalerieleigh said:

Before moving to Mexico, my husband enjoyed flying ultralights but it was something that was just too large to try and ship down to Ajijic so he sold his two ultralights.  He's now interested in returning to the sport.  Does anyone know how to contact the Ultralight Park located on the road going towards Vista de Lago?  With COVID, we don't want to drive out there for an in-person contact, but are hoping someone either knows a phone number, contact person and/or internet site where we can learn more about their enrollment options, fees, how to buy and get an ultralight in Mexico, etc.

As always, thanks for your help.

Happy Holidays,

Val Jones  :)

Facebook page     https://www.facebook.com/aeroclubchapala/?tn-str=k*F

• Like 1

5 hours ago, artsnob said:

Years ago two of my friends were killed when wind blew them into high voltage wires in San Juan Cosala, the winds are unpredictable lakeside, that is why we dont have too many here

If I recall those individuals were irresponsibly flying to close to the Racquet Club home to show off their families  , with disastrous consequences

Thanks for the input and information.  I’m all for him following safety measures.

Salud!

Val 😀