Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a condo to Purchase in Puerto Vallarta

The coast of the Pacific Ocean labeled Riveria Nayarit spanning PV north to San Blas looks to be on the same trajectory as Cancun to Tulum. Huge new hotels have just opened near Punta de Mita, the Conrad Hilton being one big name. Going north the One and Only Mandarina with hotels, condos, golf courses ad nauseum has opened outside of El Monteon which is next to San Pancho and Sayulita, both of which are bursting at the seams with new development and of course lack of infrastructure. Costa Canuva north of La Penita boasts of 4,000 rooms split between condos, hotels and houses. Golf courses too.

Hwy 200 has been closed nightly between Sayulita and Bucerias over the last few weeks as the government in conjunction with people like Carlos Slim have stripped the mountainside in order to construct massive bridges hoping to finally complete the new cuota originally promised for 2017. 

Just an observation...

• Like 1

We used to live in a building named "Torre Lirios"  with 12 units. Great views and probably still in your price range. Check and see if any units are listed and if so, have a look.

Manager is Adriana and she lives nearby and usually onsite in the morning. Near Old Town with access off the highway just before the tunnel.

The ocean rise, and climate change is very real. It will effect PV in a number of ways. Especially in the river areas, like the marina and golf course there. I would be looking a little south of PV, where the Bay takes an uphill swing, protecting from hurricanes and storm surges. If you get to Boca de Tomotlan, or Mismaloya,you have gone too far. Newcomers get the perception that this is too far from lets say the Romantic zone, but it really isn't. The highway is well maintained. The congestion problems usually begin on the other side of the tunnel and Centro area and also after the Jalisco/ Nayarit bridge, where the interstate traffic is funneled an area which cannot handle it, and is prone to river overflowing and storm surge.

And just so you probably already know, there is not a single real estate agent, lawyer, property seller, or even notary that you can fully trust to tell you the truth.

This article might be helpful to find an area with minimal flooding, storm surge, and wind damage.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/17/18223808/climate-change-sea-level-rising-data-visualization-environment

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

what utter horsesh  . shame on you

Our own lawyer told me this. We got to know each other over many years. He told me that the worst part of being a lawyer in Puerto Vallarta was there was not another single lawyer he could trust. He spent six years successfuly litigating our case, battling four time wasting appeals, against a well known crooked property owner and a crooked Notary, only to lose it in the end by another crooked Notary. DO NOT BUY PROPERTY IN MEXICO UNLESS YOU CAN AFFORD TO WALK AWAY. There are too many goalposts constantly moving by government or powerful individuals, or both. The real estate lady who writes about historic properties in PV told me that nearly every desirable property she knew of was in a quagmire of title disputes, none of which your Notary will tell you about. Ask someone who knows, about all the arbitrary changes the new Presidente has recently made. No other country would turn over property rights and taxation issues in such a dictatorial way. And in Mexico, blood is always thicker than water when dealing with foreigners. Always.

Our lawyer's son was studying law, to take over his father's firm, but he too began to see all the necessary corruption there, and decided not to become a part of it. How many lawyers have been murdered in PV over the past 10 years? At least 5 I think.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/10/21/mexicos-tax-crackdown-could-harm-texans/

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

DO NOT BUY PROPERTY IN MEXICO UNLESS YOU CAN AFFORD TO WALK AWAY.

B.S. Chillin. I bought my property 14 years ago. It is in a bank trust. I did my due diligence and I knew the person who sold it to me, who was a good friend, as well as the person he bought it from, who inherited it from his grandmother when he was young. No one is going to come out of the woodwork and dispute my ownership. While such things have happened to a few people I know, in every case it was because due diligence wasn't followed or the foreigner bought ejido property and had it in the name of a presta nombre.

• Like 4

So you are lucky. You get to rent your property from a bank. I dont have to worry about this. My challenge is to try to decode the new Bob Dy!an album "Rough and Rowdy ways" The album released by 79 year old Dylan since 2012. His musicians are finally perfect. Now to understand his poetic lyricks. Listening to " Black Rider". Some day Mudgirl, I will sing you  a song

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

And what other major international airport forces arrivals through a cadre of deceptive time share salespeople whose practises have become so well known that it has become recognised as the "Shark Tank". Sales have been so bad that there have been recent cases of outright fraud, extortion, and kidnapping. Acapulco went through this phase, and is now a smoking relic. Puerto Vallarta and Cancun have attracted every wannabe hustler, swindler, and every other dreamer who dreams about how they are going to spend your money, or how much they are going to make with the green card or residency you will get them because they love, love, love you so much. I have seen all this upfront and personal, but then we are all different. I could never live in Reno, for example. It is amusing, I guess, seeing these people working their cons, large or small, but you cannot warn people if you have to live among those doing the conning. People are so stupid on vacation, it is unbelievable.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

And what other major international airport forces arrivals through a cadre of deceptive time share salespeople whose practises have become so well known that it has become recognised as the "Shark Tank". Sales have been so bad that there have been recent cases of outright fraud, extortion, and kidnapping. Acapulco went through this phase, and is now a smoking relic. Puerto Vallarta and Cancun have attracted every wannabe hustler, swindler, and every other dreamer who dreams about how they are going to spend your money, or how much they are going to make with the green card or residency you will get them because they love, love, love you so much. I have seen all this upfront and personal, but then we are all different. I could never live in Reno, for example. It is amusing, I guess, seeing these people working their cons, large or small, but you cannot warn people if you have to live among those doing the conning. People are so stupid on vacation, it is unbelievable.

Is your supply of "The Good Stuff" just about gone where you have to ration it? Lighten up.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Beginning to sound like Lakeside , but we have a better climate

From "sometime" in November to "sometime" in May PV has the best weather I have ever lived in, including Lake Chapala. Between those times it is quite warm and very humid. But not even close to how hot it gets here in Deep South Texas in the summer. Our high temps here are at least 10 F higher than PV. People here say it's humid but compared to PV not so much.

I had a house in the PV area for years. You are asking your question in the wrong place. There are Boards for the PV area and many realators there. That is where you should be asking.

14 hours ago, cedros said:

I had a house in the PV area for years. You are asking your question in the wrong place. There are Boards for the PV area and many realators there. That is where you should be asking.

The only decent board for PV was discontinued by Rick and Sarah several years ago. Yes, plenty of realtors and in fact you will probably need one if you wish to view many properties. Pay your money and take your chances. They only make money if you buy through them so they have a huge incentive to "help" you buy.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:43 PM, John Shrall said:

The coast of the Pacific Ocean labeled Riveria Nayarit spanning PV north to San Blas looks to be on the same trajectory as Cancun to Tulum. Huge new hotels have just opened near Punta de Mita, the Conrad Hilton being one big name. Going north the One and Only Mandarina with hotels, condos, golf courses ad nauseum has opened outside of El Monteon which is next to San Pancho and Sayulita, both of which are bursting at the seams with new development and of course lack of infrastructure. Costa Canuva north of La Penita boasts of 4,000 rooms split between condos, hotels and houses. Golf courses too.

Hwy 200 has been closed nightly between Sayulita and Bucerias over the last few weeks as the government in conjunction with people like Carlos Slim have stripped the mountainside in order to construct massive bridges hoping to finally complete the new cuota originally promised for 2017. 

Just an observation...

I have been to most of the beaches on the west coast of Mexico. Except for a few the water is murky and often there are a lot of sting rays. So it is a mystery to me why the Riveria Nayarit is developing so rapidly as there are few beaches that have clear water (Pontoque beach between PV and Punta Mita is an exception). If you want clear water you have to use the hotel swimming pools.