Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Telmex service?

bdmowers

Its mostly quite good according to my friends who have it. Problem is it is only laid in certain areas. In our area of SE SAT we can only get one down for new service with old wired DSL Telmex and Fiber is not even offered.  Check you might have better luck than us and understand it all depends on location.

7 hours ago, lcscats said:

In our area of SE SAT we can only get one down for new service with old wired DSL Telmex and Fiber is not even offered.  

Man, I think I'd be checking out something like the TelCel 'En tu Casa' product.... assuming that you can get their signal OK. 

My friends in Vista del Lago, the ones that's home I installed a mesh WiFi system in, got the fiber installed because of the frequent buffering they got with IPTV. Since being installed they still experience buffering but with less frequency. Their problems occur only in the late afternoon hours.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:09 PM, bdmowers said:

Anyone in Chapala have Telmex fiber service?  Can you evaluate it yet?  How did you get it?  Cost?

I've had Telmex fiber service for some time. I'm very happy with both the Internet and voice service. There is no cost differential between fiber and copper. I and paying 599 and I usually get 200 down and 100 up.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I've had Telmex fiber service for some time. I'm very happy with both the Internet and voice service. There is no cost differential between fiber and copper. I and paying 599 and I usually get 200 down and 100 up.

I have the same results with Telmex fibre and never an outage since it was installed almost a year ago.....touch wood.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 9:52 PM, Curmudgeon said:

Thanks.  You´re in Chapala?  How did you initiate your fiber service?

On 12/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, conejorapido said:

I have the same results with Telmex fibre and never an outage since it was installed almost a year ago.....touch wood.

Hi, Fast Rabbit, same question to you as to Curmudgeon: Is your fiber service in Chapala?  How did you initiate your fiber service?  Thanks.

16 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Hi, Fast Rabbit, same question to you as to Curmudgeon: Is your fiber service in Chapala?  How did you initiate your fiber service?  Thanks.

No, Alan. We're on the Libramiento. We are fortunate that there was already fibre running past our gates up to the Tech school. We got 60 homeowners to agree to pay 4000 pesos each and contracted with Telmex to install new ducts for bring the fibre along all the roads and into each house.

• Like 1