Chapala.com Webboard

Ice cream

lakeside7

Does anybody know why Holanda brand has zero imagination?  All they make is Neopolitan, Cookies-n-Cream and Vanilla.  That is basically all you see in México, and God forbid, don't ever try the off brands.  From time to time you will see Sealtest ice cream at Soriana with flavors like cookie dough and reeses cup ice cream among other exciting flavors.  But never at Wal-Mart.

At one time I owned a ice cream parlor.  The most popular flavor I sold was chocolate.  There is a privately owned ice cream store chain here in Oklahoma, which is also now in Texas , called Braum's.  They have their own dairy herd which is used for the ice cream.  

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Does anybody know why Holanda brand has zero imagination?  All they make is Neopolitan, Cookies-n-Cream and Vanilla.  That is basically all you see in México, and God forbid, don't ever try the off brands.  From time to time you will see Sealtest ice cream at Soriana with flavors like cookie dough and reeses cup ice cream among other exciting flavors.  But never at Wal-Mart.

B ecause they are the best.

I like small-batch ice cream with exotic flavors.  Best locally is the homemade Ginger Lemongrass ice cream at Chopsticks in Ajijic.  We buy and keep it in our freezer at home.  

Here is the description from their website, 

Our homemade ice cream is made using full fat milk, heavy cream and egg yolks giving the final product a rich, smooth and creamy mouth feel with every spoonful. Our flavours range from the exotic – Ginger Lemongrass to the more traditional – Chocolate, Chocolate Chip. Ask us what flavours Betty made this week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Holanda has many flavors. I like the chocolate chip mint, and the black raspberry cheese.

The individual store chooses which flavors to stock.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mudgirl said:

There was a ice cream shop in Sayulita that sold Blue Bell ice cream. It was great and they had tons of yummy flavors- the cinnamon was my favorite and the raspberry cheesecake was delicious, too.

Isn't there a place next door to Pranzo's that sells blue bell ice cream. Think the store is called Manhattan. Never been so can't comment further.