Chapala.com Webboard

14 Dogs Poisoned in Nestipac near Joco

Interesting...I see so many people wanting to "forgive" when a mentally disturbed person injures or kills a human being.

When it's an animal, throw the book at them...Interesting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Interesting...I see so many people wanting to "forgive" when a mentally disturbed person injures or kills a human being.

Will you please clarify what you mean by “forgive”? Do you mean they don’t want the death penalty or they want to just let the person go or want them confined to a mental facility that includes treatment of the mental disorder?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Xena said:

Will you please clarify what you mean by “forgive”? Do you mean they don’t want the death penalty or they want to just let the person go or want them confined to a mental facility that includes treatment of the mental disorder?

It's not so much "forgive" or even what they think should be done. It's more having to do with people "understanding" how and why a person might be "driven" to do what they did. Like perhaps the victim had some responsibility for what happened. Never seen that type of feeling when an animal is the victim. I just find it interesting as I find much of human nature interesting...such as someone asking me to "clarify" a very neutral statement and 3 board members "Thanking" you...interesting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is very sad and far too often the dog dies a horrible death because their owners are negligent or just plain bad neighbors, allowing their pets to bark endlessly or roam the streets.  Unfortunately these types of dog owners just tend to get another unlucky dog and do the same thing over again.

It is tough being an animal in Mexico.  🤕

6 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

It's not so much "forgive" or even what they think should be done. It's more having to do with people "understanding" how and why a person might be "driven" to do what they did. Like perhaps the victim had some responsibility for what happened. Never seen that type of feeling when an animal is the victim. I just find it interesting as I find much of human nature interesting...such as someone asking me to "clarify" a very neutral statement and 3 board members "Thanking" you...interesting.

No victim ever deserves “some responsibly” for being murdered. Not a dog who barks too much or a woman who just won’t shut up. In my world we often ask each other to clarify what they meant by what they said. Obviously, you don’t care. What I find more interesting is someone not caring what he says, using any word that comes to mind and then resents being asked about it. Most interesting is finding out you believe that some  murder victims bear some responsibility for being killed. Very interesting, indeed.

7 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Pappy, I thanked her for her post because I don´t understand comparing humans to animals....apples and oranges IMO.  I don´t care if you are political or religious or whatever, they are totally different unless it´s a "sacred cow".

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Xena said:

No victim ever deserves “some responsibly” for being murdered. Not a dog who barks too much or a woman who just won’t shut up. In my world we often ask each other to clarify what they meant by what they said. Obviously, you don’t care. What I find more interesting is someone not caring what he says, using any word that comes to mind and then resents being asked about it. Most interesting is finding out you believe that some  murder victims bear some responsibility for being killed. Very interesting, indeed.

My own feelings about the subject were never part of the post. Watching people in general and their sometimes contradictory reactions was the topic. Of course people and animals are apples and oranges as Slainte said. The contradiction I find interesting is someone feeling more angry toward an animal abuser than a people abuser. And on another note it's interesting anyone could get that worked up over a casual observation. Time for a chill pill.

Thecontradiction I find interesting is someone feeling more angry toward an animal abuser than a people abuser. And on another note it's interesting anyone could get that worked up over a casual observation. Time for a chill pill.” — Pappysmarket

I was no more “worked up” by your comment than you were when you wrote yours. I found your comment interesting but a bit confusing. My asking for clarification seemed to have touched a nerve. It’s interesting that you see yourself as simply writing an opinion but when someone responds to you they are “worked up.”  As it turned out, I was correct in asking for verification since you said you didn’t mean “forgiveness” but something else. 

If you read the newspaper article you will see that all but one of the  dogs were poisoned in their own homes; even one who was on a balcony so the poisoner had to climb up and put the poisoned hot dogs there. This is the work of a sick, maimed person.  But there is sick/crazy which is harmless to living beings, and he doesn’t belong to this group.

Since the man who poisoned so many of our dogs in Ajijic was never punished, he may have moved on to another neighborhood.  Whatever the case may be, those of us who have seen the horrible pain and suffering these dogs go through have little pity for this behavior, whatever his or her past might be.s

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Xena said:

Thecontradiction I find interesting is someone feeling more angry toward an animal abuser than a people abuser. And on another note it's interesting anyone could get that worked up over a casual observation. Time for a chill pill.” — Pappysmarket

I was no more “worked up” by your comment than you were when you wrote yours. I found your comment interesting but a bit confusing. My asking for clarification seemed to have touched a nerve. It’s interesting that you see yourself as simply writing an opinion but when someone responds to you they are “worked up.”  As it turned out, I was correct in asking for verification since you said you didn’t mean “forgiveness” but something else. 

I certainly wasn´t "worked up", just confused  by the comparison logic.

I have no love for dogs and/or to be around them, but I don´t want to see this outrageous activity of poisoning.

On 11/6/2020 at 4:52 PM, pappysmarket said:

I doubt the animal poisoner is mentally ill and is just plain mean. A mentally ill person who becomes violent is not in control of his actions. Most mentally ill people never harm anyone.

16 hours ago, Joco said:

I doubt the animal poisoner is mentally ill and is just plain mean. A mentally ill person who becomes violent is not in control of his actions. Most mentally ill people never harm anyone.

Everyone is entitled to their "opinion". Thanks for sharing yours.