Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic Light by Walmart

Joyfull

Since they changed the entrance/exit at Walmart it feels like I’m taking my l’m taking my life in my hands, especially exiting Wally's. Does anyone know if there are plans to redo the lights at the intersection of the Carreterra and the Libramento? There is no light for those leaving Walmart. How many accidents or fatalities will it take? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Joyfull said:

Since they changed the entrance/exit at Walmart it feels like I’m taking my l’m taking my life in my hands, especially exiting Wally's. Does anyone know if there are plans to redo the lights at the intersection of the Carreterra and the Libramento? There is no light for those leaving Walmart. How many accidents or fatalities will it take? 

None........if you drive careful and be patient.  Doesn´t bother me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

Ah, but is everyone as careful as you, good sir? I think not. Mine eyes do not deceive me, every day, driving around here.

Sure, accidents happen, that´s why I said drive careful and be patient.  Accidents happen in even the most highly regulated traffic conditions, so what is your point, other than just wanting to disagree.

I guess in relation to the OP, you are saying with traffic lights there won´t be any or less accidents? 

The self assuredness one gets with a green light.... LOL     I don´t find traffic lights anywhere in the area that effective in stopping bad or negligent drivers.

Drive defensively

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I notice that they are not doing anything (barrier wise) to prevent large trucks who have lost their brakes from heading straight into WalMart wall.  We can relate since we were in a truck's path and managed to hop in the truck just in time to move it out of the way.   It's a frequent occurrence that large trucks coming down the hill often lose their brakes.

9 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Sure, accidents happen, that´s why I said drive careful and be patient.  Accidents happen in even the most highly regulated traffic conditions, so what is your point, other than just wanting to disagree.

I guess in relation to the OP, you are saying with traffic lights there won´t be any or less accidents? 

The self assuredness one gets with a green light.... LOL     I don´t find traffic lights anywhere in the area that effective in stopping bad or negligent drivers.

Drive defensively

Agree...There was a notorious stretch of highway in Sweden that had a tremendous number of accidents. The "experts" kept putting up more signs, who had the right of way, etc. and it did no good. Finally they took out all signs and since nobody was sure who was supposed to yield everyone slowed down and accidents went almost to zero.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Floradude said:

I only turn right when leaving Walmart.  Anything else is too risky for me.  I think a Transito policeman at least should be stationed there until something safer is worked out.  

I agree.

• Thanks 1

The other day I saw a taxi driver make a left hand turn out of Walmart while the light was green going east and west, he almost caused 3 different collisions.  Problem is, it’s often drivers like that who create the accidents but aren’t involved in them.  They could have done some kind of temporary signage or lights as it is a pretty major intersection in town.   It’s a bit like putting a big hole in the road and not telling people it’s there.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Finally they took out all signs and since nobody was sure who was supposed to yield everyone slowed down and accidents went almost to zero.

You should experience a 4-way stop intersection in Canada. Canadians are so ridiculously polite that they keep waving the other sides to go ahead, impeding the smooth flow of traffic. "Oh, I actually went ahead when it was my turn? Sorry." 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mudgirl said:

You should experience a 4-way stop intersection in Canada. Canadians are so ridiculously polite that they keep waving the other sides to go ahead, impeding the smooth flow of traffic. "Oh, I actually went ahead when it was my turn? Sorry." 😜

Maybe Vancouver but have you enjoyed the adventure in Montreal?

LOL

SunFan

1 hour ago, SunFan said:

Maybe Vancouver but have you enjoyed the adventure in Montreal?

LOL

SunFan

Yes, I should have mentioned that Montreal is an exception. Never spent much time there, but it appeared they don't even stop for pedestrians- definitely have to keep your wits about you.

Driving in Montreal is a piece of cake in comparison with Guadalajra.

I am a cautious driver and alwys hesitate to leave Walmart-chaos.