Chapala.com Webboard

Why would Canadians return this winter

lakeside7

On 10/12/2020 at 10:04 PM, johanson said:

I didn't know that Toronto had an Airport.  Hazel told me that the the closest airport to Toronto is in Mississauga. But I am in Seattle, what do I know :) 

I believe that, technically, the airport is in Mississauga, but considered part of the greater Metro Toronto area.  All airline flights show Toronto.

21 minutes ago, EldonNova said:

I believe that, technically, the airport is in Mississauga, but considered part of the greater Metro Toronto area.  All airline flights show Toronto.

I have used the terminal for departures and arrivals for many years and it is in ETOBICOKE not MISSISSAUGA. and like I said the runways and assorted buildings other than for PASSENGERS is the largest part of that airport. I even rode there on my bike as early as  12 years old because it was close enough to my house in ETOBICOKE to do so. Almost everyone I  know realizes that the TERMINAL is where it's at not withstanding what address Pearson airport is  given and originally named Malton and then Toronto airport before it's present name. By the way the modern municipality of  Mississauga was a hodge/ podge, mostly of a bunch of small villages like Malton But the passenger terminal has always been at the western edge of Etobicoke.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, happyjillin said:

I have used the terminal for departures and arrivals for many years and it is in ETOBICOKE not MISSISSAUGA. and like I said the runways and assorted buildings other than for PASSENGERS is the largest part of that airport. I even rode there on my bike as early as  12 years old because it was close enough to my house in ETOBICOKE to do so. Almost everyone I  know realizes that the TERMINAL is where it's at not withstanding what address Pearson airport is  given and originally named Malton and then Toronto airport before it's present name. By the way the modern municipality of  Mississauga was a hodge/ podge, mostly of a bunch of small villages like Malton But the passenger terminal has always been at the western edge of Etobicoke.

I stand corrected.  Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:01 PM, happyjillin said:

I beg to differ; most of the airport including the passenger terminals are in Mississauga. The dividing line between Etobicoke and Mississauga in the area of the airport is Highway 427 except where it wiggles near the 401. The Airport Hilton on Airport Road is east of the passenger terminals and is also in Mississauga. The Peel Regional Police (region that includes Mississauga) patrol at the airport because it is in Mississauga.

15 minutes ago, Out1 said:

I beg to differ; most of the airport including the passenger terminals are in Mississauga. The dividing line between Etobicoke and Mississauga in the area of the airport is Highway 427 except where it wiggles near the 401. The Airport Hilton on Airport Road is east of the passenger terminals and is also in Mississauga. The Peel Regional Police (region that includes Mississauga) patrol at the airport because it is in Mississauga.

SO WHAT???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's so much easier to just post FACTS provided by LINKS to end this argument...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Pearson_International_Airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etobicoke

Etobicoke is bordered on the south by Lake Ontario, on the east by the Humber River, on the west by Etobicoke Creek, the city of Mississauga, and the Toronto Pearson International Airport (a small portion of the airport extends into Etobicoke), and on the north by Steeles Avenue West.

It's entirely possible that, at one time, the airport was mostly in Etobicoke. Runways change, terminals change etc. But, right now, it is mostly in Mississauga.

13 minutes ago, Ferret said:

It's so much easier to just post FACTS provided by LINKS to end this argument...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Pearson_International_Airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etobicoke

It's entirely possible that, at one time, the airport was mostly in Etobicoke. Runways change, terminals change etc. But, right now, it is mostly in Mississauga.

That's what I said. I didn't say that it was ever in Etobicoke mostly. The passenger terminals which I used as recently as 4 years ago are at the western edge of Etobicoke. I speak from over 65 years of experience,so I don't need wikipedia.

10 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

That's what I said. I didn't say that it was ever in Etobicoke mostly. The passenger terminals which I used as recently as 4 years ago are at the western edge of Etobicoke. I speak from over 65 years of experience,so I don't need wikipedia.

Maybe I am missing something...Is this place at or near Lakeside, or even in México???